Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 03-21-2018, 12:46 PM   #241
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

ugh, anybody else think firing Hornacek is a bit harsh? I mean, they were contending for a spot up until Porzingod got hit. It's not really his fault if his #1 option gets injured

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:23 PM   #242
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I don't see that he's actually been fired, yet.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:39 PM   #243
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I don't see that he's actually been fired, yet.
He's not, but reports out of MSG say that they're dropping him and hiring Mark Jackson at the end of the season.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
Old 04-08-2018, 12:25 PM   #244
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I want to give credit to this team; a bright spot in yet another dismal season. While I complained just now in the 2017-2018 NBA thread about teams tanking for better draft positions, I did not see the Knicks indulging in this scandalous behavior.

The players may not have been trying hard at all times, but the organization pulled no shenanigans in this regard. Indeed, following a nine-game losing streak, the Knicks have gone 4-7 which for them is not bad. I also like Enes Kanter and Trey Burke coming out flatly rejecting the idea of throwing games to improve chances in the draft lottery. Good for them.

So much for this New York Knickerbockers season. See you here in October.

- Bru

Old 04-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #245
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

David Blatt might be coaching Kristaps soon

Old 04-16-2018, 08:15 PM   #246
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
Interestingly, I don't think KP would be the kind of guy who would mind Blatt's autocratic style. Guys like Hardaway and Kanter, though, watch out.

I notice Jeff Van Gundy is off the short list. It's been so long that I don't remember a reason why I would not want him back as coach of the Knicks which would make him a great candidate!

Incidentally, I gave you a belated thanks for calling Hornacek's demise three weeks ago.

- Bru

Old 04-16-2018, 11:15 PM   #247
Jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There's a part of me that would like to see Blatt get a 2nd act and be able to stick it in some people's faces.

Not that I care about the Knicks (hate 'em...go 76ers) but I think the guy got a raw deal.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:29 AM   #248
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
There's a part of me that would like to see Blatt get a 2nd act and be able to stick it in some people's faces.

Not that I care about the Knicks (hate 'em...go 76ers) but I think the guy got a raw deal.
He most definitely received a raw deal. Cavs brought him in to coach Wiggins and Irving while learning the ropes a la Brad Stevens, but LeBron makes the Decision Reversal and he's pushed into megastar management with LeBron.

Old 05-04-2018, 02:24 PM   #249
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

After 11 head coaches in 16 years, it's hard to get excited about the Knicks hiring David Fizdale, or anybody else for that matter. Maybe that's a good sign, that it's NOT exciting news to me.

As for all of the palaver about this being a great hire, feh. Results count. Improve the team and the way that it plays. Above all, make everybody play as hard as they can, all the time.

Yeah, right.

- Bru

Old 05-04-2018, 07:54 PM   #250
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Since it really doesn't matter who the NYK coach was, I thought Becky Hammon would've been a good pick. She's got time to develop HC skills while having Frank, Kristaps and Emmanuel develop also.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:02 PM   #251
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Since it really doesn't matter who the NYK coach was, I thought Becky Hammon would've been a good pick. She's got time to develop HC skills while having Frank, Kristaps and Emmanuel develop also.
Man, wouldn't that have been something? It will happen someday, but it's going to require somebody with b**ls to give her the chance that she deserves.

- Bru

Old 05-04-2018, 08:21 PM   #252
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Man, wouldn't that have been something? It will happen someday, but it's going to require somebody with b**ls to give her the chance that she deserves.
I am hoping it will be the Hawks but AFAIK she has not even been interviewed.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:22 AM   #253
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Heh, I saw this shortened headline link: "Lee raves about Knicks hiring Fizdale!" and my ire was immediately raised. As I clicked the link, I was thinking, "When the hell are we ever going to be rid of Spike Lee? What does Spike Lee really know about basketball and why is he shooting his mouth off again? "

It turns out the story is about Courtney Lee.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...ach-1.18388924

- Bru

Old 06-22-2018, 05:17 PM   #254
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I've learned my lesson; for every two or three or four bombs like Frederic Weis, they do come up with a Kristaps Porzingis. So I will not criticize them for taking 18-year-old Kevin Knox over NBA-ready Mikal Bridges and Michael Porter.

But it does sound so eerily familiar, doesn't it? Like a few years from now, we will be reading about how Bridges and Porter are leading their teams to victory while we are still waiting for Knox to "come into his own"?

Déjà Bru is having déjà vu.

- Bru

Old 06-23-2018, 08:02 AM   #255
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Porter is too much of a risk, that's why he dropped to #14. When teams can't see your physical you make yourself look like Sam Bowie. If Knox develops a little bit and Porzingis comes back they're a good fit imo.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:16 AM   #256
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Well, now that he's here, I'm pulling for him. Now that he's a Knick, I'm pulling for him. All I ask of him or anybody who plays for the New York Knickerbockers is to play hard.

- Bru

Old 06-30-2018, 11:40 AM   #257
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I can watch the Knicks this coming season, I believe.

Enes Kanter opting in pretty much shut down any important free agent acquisitions this off-season but the Knicks have their eyes on 2019 in that regard anyway. Besides, I like Kanter; he's a player's player and an inspiration and he's fun to watch play.

With Kristaps Porzingis out for much of the upcoming season, it's going to be another long one perhaps. Still, I have a different feeling watching these guys play than I did back in the days of Carmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith, et. al. Watching those guys play was a pain, for differing reasons.

- Bru

Old 07-04-2018, 02:00 PM   #258
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

This may be grasping at straws but I am feeling like this is the dawn of a new day for the Knicks:

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...oon-1.19578969

It may take a few more years, but the atmosphere of poisonous futility seems dispersed now.

By the way, it's funny how teams in the Eastern Conference are viewing LBJ's move to the Lakers as almost a reverse free agent signing. I mean if the Knicks could not sign him, it's almost like a free agent acquisition to have him move to the Western Conference.

- Bru

Old 07-04-2018, 02:01 PM   #259
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

This may be grasping at straws but I am feeling like this is the dawn of a new day for the Knicks:

David Fizdale believes Knicks will be able to land top free agents in the future
https://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...oon-1.19578969

It may take a few more years, but the atmosphere of poisonous futility seems dispersed now.

By the way, it's funny how teams in the Eastern Conference are viewing LBJ's move to the Lakers as almost a reverse free agent signing. I mean if the Knicks could not sign him, it's like a free agent acquisition to have him move to the Western Conference.

- Bru

Old 07-04-2018, 06:00 PM   #260
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
The Knicks biggest hurdle is James Dolan
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote