Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 06-28-2019, 05:18 PM   #1
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

Diamond League

My team 1st won the WS in their 6th season. They were promoted to Gold and went 9 seasons missing the playoffs. After 5 they were demoted to Silver again. Then in their 5th season, they won the WS again.. Back to gold and 5 more losing seasons. Back to silver where I had three seasons that I did not make the playoffs. Then I won 91-102 games for next season, then only won 89, won my division and the WS. My 3rd for this team. I had a 100 Trout that carried me.

So, welcome to Diamond. I got hold of a 100 Sales the season before, but he really stunk. Lost more than he won. This team last season was #1 in EVERY single offensive category. I ended up selling Sales as he stunk so bad. I think he was 1-10 with a whip almost at 2. I am 47-71, so it will probably be several seasons until I make the playoffs. I have a 90+ Verlander now with the cash from Sales sale and I think he is 1-11.

I guess the only good thing is I never bought any PP!
comedian2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:59 PM   #2
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Look at your pitching staff and start replacing every guy with less than 65 movement and long term under 70.

Second, do you have relievers who can match up Right vs Left and do they have over 70 movement?

Third, as you move up Run Prevention is equal to if not more important than Run Scoring until you get really great cards. Use the corner positions for offense but focus on awesome defensive ratings for 2B, SS, C and CF.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2019, 09:23 PM   #3
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

As someone who has now been demoted out of Perfect on 3 separate occasions, I have no answers for you.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:34 AM   #4
Mudster
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgjocki View Post
Look at your pitching staff and start replacing every guy with less than 65 movement and long term under 70.

Second, do you have relievers who can match up Right vs Left and do they have over 70 movement?

Third, as you move up Run Prevention is equal to if not more important than Run Scoring until you get really great cards. Use the corner positions for offense but focus on awesome defensive ratings for 2B, SS, C and CF.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Everything here, plus make sure you set your park and player strategies to emphasize your strengths and hide the weaknesses.

A great defensive catcher will make your pitchers look better. Look towards the silvers for them. Boone, Sundberg, Pena, and C.Johnson all get the job done nicely.

Besides just stellar defense, try to get the gloves that also have a high contact/eye combo. You won't have much power, but this lets you make your stadium a black hole to homers and up the double and triples since your defense should help against those. Small ball for the win !!!

Last edited by Mudster; 07-01-2019 at 10:37 AM. Reason: added
Mudster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 11:44 PM   #5
comedian2019
Minors (Triple A)

I was demoted back to Silver and I am kicking some butt. Started out 13-3 with Verlander being 4-0 with a 0.69 ERA...

I guess you can say I had my cup of coffee in the Diamond.

What makes it hard when you are promoted is you are dealing with many teams that have been in that flavor of league for several seasons, building their team up.
comedian2019 is offline   Reply With Quote