Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-31-2020, 11:56 PM   #21
sam10gle
Minors (Single A)

Ahhh, 28-20 at the moment, a modest 12.5 games back of first place.

F2P PT25 Reds Theme Team:

F2P PT25 Standard Packs Only:

F2P PT24:

sam10gle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:11 AM   #22
skep
Minors (Double A)

Tuesday is through and tournaments went much better for me today. I overthought things yesterday and made some poor adjustments. Today I went back to basics and already have had some results.

Red Bandits ST140 39-15
Pulled a Live Aroldis Chapman

Watermelon Bandits I192 23-31 11GB

Pink Bandits ST134 38-17
Syndergaard is 9-0 with 1.94 ERA

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 04:12 AM   #23
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes 37-15 lead div by 1, a 19-7 May sees us leapfrog the Lisbon Yacht Club, strangely we are 24-2 at home and 13-13 on the road, the only park factor we have is that home runs are maxed, hopefully we can pick it up on the road. We continue to kill lefties, 11-2 so far, with Kiner and Durham doing most of the damage. Yogi wins batter of the month. Bagwell and Billy Williams need to pick it up. Randy Johnson got moved to the pen, was getting roughed up every game. Wainwright moves into the rotation. Packed a 94 Cy Young but he doesn't look a lot better than Lyons or Wainwright so he's going on the market

Pachuca Pack Rats 35-20 4 1/2 game lead, a 17-12 month that included a 6 game losing streak. We lead the league in On Base % and Home Runs which is always a good combo. George Springer has already hit 5 lead off HRs this season. I had enough for 3 packs and on the 3rd packed Dock Ellis whose card design is amazing and he will slot right into my rotation, always nice to find an upgrade on a f2p pack team

Lowdown Lugnuts 32-21 1/2 game lead, a 17-11 May which was looking tough until a 6 game win streak at the end behind some strong pitching and batter of the month Frank Robinson. Bryce Harper is being very Bryce Harper, hitting .226 with 11HR and an .829 OPS thanks to 26 BB, while striking out 46 times. just spent all of my PP (3.5k) on Bill Russell who is an upgrade at SS and can train IF and OF, so is likely to be avery valuable utility player as the team improves

Marleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:50 AM   #24
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

I remain slightly annoyed that the Metsies remain not up to code; a big part of the problem is that there are next to no historical relievers for the Mets and pre-1958 Dodgers and Giants, and live Mets relievers are mostly silvers and I refuse to pay 700 for Boom-Boom Familia, the cheapest he is on the auction house at this very moment.

Honestly, OOTP should give everybody that carries Familia on the roster an allowance of a free pack a day...

I still have to replace at least three players to be satisfied with my own house rules, which basically are - no more than five of the players that don't have a colored team field below (positions with * indicate that the position on the card is different, f.e. McNeil is a RF on the card). I actually like Menosky and finding position players and even starters isn't *that* hard. But relievers? Good luck with that.
Attached Images

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:40 AM   #25
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleigh View Post
I had enough for 3 packs and on the 3rd packed Dock Ellis whose card design is amazing and he will slot right into my rotation, always nice to find an upgrade on a f2p pack team

That is awesome and what a great nod to one of the more notorious moments in baseball history.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:50 PM   #26
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Just had my second no-hitter in as many seasons. This time it was Maddux, last season it was Cole. Richard's had a couple of one-hitters but no no-hitter yet.

Maddux is in a close second in all-star voting at starting pitcher, he's 13-0 with a 2.13 ERA, both best in the conference. Randy Johnson and Lindy McDaniel are the top 2 in voting for relievers; I'm thinking of putting Johnson back in the starting lineup, I dropped him to the pen in the first season since he was struggling (only in terms of ERA/FIP, the guy has made 59 appearances, including 13 starts, so far in his career without recording a single loss) but I think he's probably a little better than either Cole or Blyleven. That said he's been on fire for me as the long reliever so if it's working why change it.

Pulled a 93 OVR Mickey Lolich who I replaced Strasburg with as a middle reliever.

Lajoie is running away with the WAR lead, his 4.9 is over a full win better than the next best in the league, for both batters AND pitchers.

59-14 to this point, have an 18 game lead in the division and a 4 game lead for the first seed. Since we inexplicably got swept at home in mid-May by a team that's currently 29-43, we're on a 31-3 run. There's 2 53 win teams in the central and one 51 win team in the west; we've played all 3, sweeping Tempe and Koolpsych in 3 games each and losing 4 of 6 to Portland; I think I know who I'd rather not face in the playoffs.

Sun Kings are 43-27 and have a 2-game lead in the division. Black Knights are 42-29 and have a 3-game lead.

Last edited by Warhawk; 04-01-2020 at 09:18 PM.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:11 PM   #27
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I feel bad actually. I got carried away in the entry league and build a pretty good team. I figured I'd be able to rack up some points for building tourney teams, now that I am in rookie league it's kind of lopsided. 68-4 isn't particularly interesting to anyone. In about 5 weeks I'll be where I belong.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:26 PM   #28
RunninYakAngler
Minors (Triple A)

Finally finished the AL West mission and got my Ichiro. Forgot about the Gold pack until I noticed I had a pack. Wasn't the greatest pull but I've never got 3 golds in a pack. Not sure what to do with Joost.
Attached Images

RunninYakAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 11:13 PM   #29
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

I176: Streaking

The Huntley Red Raiders are in Iron 176 this season and are off to a great start, currently sitting in first place in the AC East with a 54-23 record. But, honestly, who cares, when the High Street Flying Pizzas' 77 Silver Ichiro does this?
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 02:13 AM   #30
skep
Minors (Double A)

Wednesday is through and I already broke my FTP challenge. Not by spending money mind you, but I activated 3 more teams now instead of waiting for the All-Star Break. Soon you will be introduced to the Purple Bandits, the Grape Bandits and the Fuschia Bandits.

Red Bandits ST140 55-27
Jimmie Foxx has blasted 23 HR

Watermelon Bandits I192 36-45 7.5GB
Ouch

Pink Bandits ST134 53-29
Syndergaard is 9-0 with 2.31 ERA

skep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 03:54 AM   #31
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Paragon City Heroes 62-18 1st in division by 11 1/2, a 23-5 month opened up a big lead for me, the catalyst was moving the lefty starters to the pen and going with an all righty rotation. Yaz won batter of the month. Billy Williams went from hitting .220 to .280 in a month. Everyone in the lineup has 10+ HR except for Travis Fryman, i'm considering training either Durham or Lindor at 3b and bringing Tulo back in at SS to give me better D as that is my main area of concern.

Pachuca Pack Rats 49-33 2 game lead, continue to hit the ball hard while having great starting pitching, really need to pack some relievers better than the bronzes i'm currently using though

Lowdown Lugnuts 48-33 3 game lead, we earned 6k PP in achievements overnight so bought Buck Herzog for 2.7k, he has very little in the way of a bat but is a 104 rated SS and has blazing speed on the bases, he is going to be trained at 2B to take over from Ron Oester who is similar but worse and has no speed. Also looking into buying a reliever. Frank Robinson is among the league leaders in several categories and leading with 79RBI. Mark Portugal won pitcher of the month with 5 wins including a no hitter (typically Robinson got the only RBI to win the game)

Old 04-02-2020, 04:02 AM   #32
Marleigh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post

Lajoie is running away with the WAR lead, his 4.9 is over a full win better than the next best in the league, for both batters AND pitchers.

59-14 to this point, have an 18 game lead in the division and a 4 game lead for the first seed. Since we inexplicably got swept at home in mid-May by a team that's currently 29-43, we're on a 31-3 run. There's 2 53 win teams in the central and one 51 win team in the west; we've played all 3, sweeping Tempe and Koolpsych in 3 games each and losing 4 of 6 to Portland; I think I know who I'd rather not face in the playoffs.
Welcome Bronze .201 adversary, from the leaders of the NC Central, we don't get to meet in the regular season, hopefully we will meet in the playoffs

Old 04-02-2020, 10:49 AM   #33
Perceptor
Minors (Triple A)

The Cannons are humming along in the bronze league right now. After a bit of an inconsistent start, the team has found its form and are comfortably in 1st place heading towards the all-star game.

New acquisitions George Sisler and Tom Seaver are making impacts already
Old 04-02-2020, 07:10 PM   #34
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

King Kelly

The Warbirds are bombing STONE .158 with a record of 84-10. That is after 3 losses in a row. That isn't what this update is about though.

You may remember the press release stating the pack acquisition of King Kelly by the Warbirds. The Warbirds are designed and budgeted to win. Understandably it was a surprise to their fans when they quickly posted Kelly on the AH for $1M. After citing 'the long term benefits to the health of the organization' they calmed some. Much to managements surprise someone was happy to take on King Kelly at that price.

Now, the pressure was on the team to show that ' long term benefit'. To show the fans of dumping one of the premier hitters in the game was the right move. Management quickly filled whiteboard after whiteboard on scenarios; Pull packs, buy cheap on the AH, something in between, but above all be patient. Here are some of the results.

Here is a list of the notable acquisitions to the Warbirds since the sale of King Kelly.

100 Pedro
100 Maddux
100 Lefty Gomez
100 Clemens
99 Tommy Bond
99 Rube Waddell
97 Jerry Koosman
96 Rube Walberg
91 Mariano Rivera
all 100 Lives Pitchers
Several other historical diamonds

100 Musial (Duplicate that was sold)
100 Foxx
97 Sisler
96 Ernie Banks
95 Dwight Evans
95 Eddie Collins
all Live 100's
Several other historical diamonds

Additionally we have put a huge dent in the Card Database for collections.

We have only sold duplicates but the 50 card limit is restricting that so there is quite a few PP tied up.

Oh yeah...one more thing...we just pulled a King Kelly!!!
Old 04-02-2020, 09:08 PM   #35
Spieler
Minors (Double A)

Sent 15 players to the All-Star game. 5 SP, CL and my entire 9-man lineup (I don't platoon this team). A somewhat overpowering team for Stone (duh, however zero perfect cards). But don't think I have ever come even close to doing that before...
Spieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:20 PM   #36
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I feel bad actually. I got carried away in the entry league and build a pretty good team. I figured I'd be able to rack up some points for building tourney teams, now that I am in rookie league it's kind of lopsided. 68-4 isn't particularly interesting to anyone. In about 5 weeks I'll be where I belong.
Yah, Angel Fire is a similar mode. I still find some interest in Tom Seaver flirting with a 30 win 350K Sub 2.00 ERA season and Hank Greenberg flirting with 70 HR and 200 RBI. Having pulled both guys out of packs makes it a little sweeter, and I have kept all the good pulls I managed instead of selling them as might be the 'clever' approach. Also kept Max Scherzer who has been lights out, 91 Boggs and 91 Messersmith (Angels!) have also been retained and are good contributors. It's also a nice chance to position train the guys I see as longterm/permanent keepers.

Last edited by Orion; 04-02-2020 at 09:23 PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:40 PM   #37
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Yah, Angel Fire is a similar mode. I still find some interest in Tom Seaver flirting with a 30 win 350K Sub 2.00 ERA season and Hank Greenberg flirting with 70 HR and 200 RBI. Having pulled both guys out of packs makes it a little sweeter, and I have kept all the good pulls I managed instead of selling them as might be the 'clever' approach. Also kept Max Scherzer who has been lights out, 91 Boggs and 91 Messersmith (Angels!) have also been retained and are good contributors. It's also a nice chance to position train the guys I see as longterm/permanent keepers.

I agree, but the empathetic person in me which is strong, makes me feel bad for teams that are trying to build something and I come over and squash them like an ant. It isn't really a fair competition. That said, it is what it is and I ain't selling all my guys so onward and upward with my apologies to R.91

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:45 PM   #38
Warhawk
Major Leagues

So last year I had a bit of a saga when it comes to 100 OVR cards. My first perfect card was Jason deGrom. My second was Noah Syndergaard. My third is Noah Syndergaard. My fourth was Noah Syndergaard. Ah, but my fifth, my fifth was Noah Syndergaard.

So this year he's not a perfect card. But I will say that of the live diamonds I've ripped, only one player has appeared more than twice. That player, in fact, has appeared four times.

GUESS.

WHO.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 09:48 PM   #39
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
That is awesome and what a great nod to one of the more notorious moments in baseball history.
Now we just need a PEAK Dock Ellis. (Ahem)

Old 04-02-2020, 11:25 PM   #40
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I agree, but the empathetic person in me which is strong, makes me feel bad for teams that are trying to build something and I come over and squash them like an ant. It isn't really a fair competition. That said, it is what it is and I ain't selling all my guys so onward and upward with my apologies to R.91
Aye, but we aren't competing with them, we're competing with the likes of the Bronx Bombers. Need every edge you can get vs the Yanks.

PS Just pulled Jack Morris 91 from a tourney pack. Welcome to the bullpen Jack!