Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-15-2019, 09:17 AM   #1
Another Mike D
All Star Reserve

Equalizing everything

Howdy, I am trying to set up a new league in v20 (we are moving on from our original league that has been running since 2003) using current day rosters. The only rub is that I want to made a salary cap and bring every player down so teams fall within the cap and equalize revenue between teams (well, at least equalize markets and fan loyalty and then revenue change modestly). I think a 125M cap is pretty good based on what the game settings are at baseline (top players are set to 20M or so).

What is the best way to do this, knowing it may take a season or two to bring it down? Thanks!

Co-commissioner of United Baseball League
Another Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 04:36 PM   #2
Another Mike D
All Star Reserve

Has nobody done this for an online or solo league?

Co-commissioner of United Baseball League
Another Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 05:54 PM   #3
Scipio Africanus
Major Leagues

I have a fictional league with equalized revenue. Every team gets $100,000 from national media contracts but no money from any other sources. The salary cap is $75,000. Player Development Baseline is $15,000.

I used to have a salary cap of $70,000 with Player Dev. and Scouting baselines at $10,000 each but decided I didn't like scouting, hence the updated numbers.

Anyone could, of course use any numbers they want for these. You could have the national media contract be $1000 or $100,000,000,000 as long as the other numbers are adjusted accordingly.

It took a few years for the original game-created contracts and such to sort themselves out. I simmed the league for 10 years and then wiped out the league history, essentially making it year 0, before I took over a team.
Attached Images

Last edited by Scipio Africanus; 08-17-2019 at 05:58 PM.
Scipio Africanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:11 AM   #4
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

if you want identical budgets, set the ticket prices, local media, and merchants to 0. then set the national media to whatever you want the budgets to be and ensure it's set to same for every team. subtract the cost of scouting/development/coaches and you have your salary cap

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote