Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2019, 05:29 PM   #1
esmeet7
Bat Boy

Instructions for Starting/Maintaining Player Photos in OOTP 20?

I'm a new OOTP user, and I'm really looking forward to getting more involved with OOTP and this community. I've been browsing and searching through this forum to learn more about the game.

I started a Standard League to get a feel for the game, and I was surprised to see FaceGens instead of actual player photos. Although I've search around a bit, I still can't find answers to the following questions:

(1) Is there a recommended PhotoPack I can download to begin my own file of photos? I looked for a recommended one by Cheech411, but the URL I found doesn't seem to work.

(2) Once I have a PhotoPack with photos from the past, how do I update it using the photos people are posting in the 2019 Debut thread?

(3) How do I get the photos from my PhotoPack to upload over the existing FaceGens in my league?

(4) Finally, is there a way to replace specific player photos if a FaceGen or missing photo shows up for players who weren't in my pack originally?

If there's someone who could help me get started and/or direct me to a thread with step-by-step instructions, I'd appreciate the help.
esmeet7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:54 AM   #2
UKBaseballfan
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Photopack

The Gambo / Twil photopack thread was designed to produce a photopack for use with the game that showed a representation of actual player photos rather than facegens.

Unfortunately under the present co-ordinator the specific purpose of this thread was expanded so that the focus of the thread became more towards much larger images rather than the original facepack size. Also the present co-Ordinator has not prepared yearly updates, recently, and has not sought out someone to replace him in that role.

The Cheech facepack is not the facepack specifically designed and established for use with the game. I would also express caution that many of the images contained within it are distorted.

Cinemaodyssey has actively undertaken measures to pick up the pieces to re-establish an official facepack as was intended by gambo , T-wil and other previous facepack co-ordinators, who when through other commitments were unable to fulfil their role sought to pass on the baton in a responsible fashion to a successor.

JWisenberg has made a commitment to co-ordinate the upgrade to the facepack in respect of new debutants for the new season.

I hope the above represents an accurate representation of where we are.

Last edited by UKBaseballfan; 05-16-2019 at 02:56 AM.
UKBaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:01 PM   #3
esmeet7
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBaseballfan View Post
Cinemaodyssey has actively undertaken measures to pick up the pieces to re-establish an official facepack as was intended by gambo , T-wil and other previous facepack co-ordinators, who when through other commitments were unable to fulfil their role sought to pass on the baton in a responsible fashion to a successor.

JWisenberg has made a commitment to co-ordinate the upgrade to the facepack in respect of new debutants for the new season.
Thanks for your reply. I tried looking in the Gambo/T-Wil sticky thread for a link to find the photo pack, but I don't see a link. Is there somewhere I can go to find that link or one by Cinemaodyssey or JWisenberg that you mentioned?
esmeet7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:24 PM   #4
cinemaodyssey
All Star Starter

The cinemaodyssey re-edit is a work in progress still. I'm systematically going through 19,000 players one by one in my spare time so it is not ready as of yet. The old TNFOTO facepack is available through his signature. There is a thread in this forum dedicated to it.
cinemaodyssey is offline   Reply With Quote