Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-28-2019, 11:32 AM   #81
Shake Appeal
Minors (Double A)

For me, it basically boils down to this:

1. More advanced stats. I'm not necessarily talking Statcast level, although that would be nice. But a top-of-the-line baseball sim should be tracking and displaying anything I can see at a glance on a player's Fangraphs or Baseball References page. xFIP/SIERA. Batted ball profiles. Plate discipline. Pitch values, etc.

2. Actual player development/training programs. I should be able to tinker with a pitcher's pitch mix. Tell them to scrap a junky change. Tell them to work on a splitter in the offseason. Tell a young hitter to try and adopt a more patient approach ... or sell out for power. Right now, the options for developing a prospect are 1. what level to put them at 2. what position to force them at 3. which staff to have work with them. But I want to be able to take the lumbering 1B prospect and tell my coaches to have him split time at 3B/RF this year while working on his arm and drawing more walks. I want to take that busted SP prospect and tell him to throw his fastball and slider only while adjusting his arm slot.

(In general, there should be more fluidity between bullpen and starting roles—stamina should be more flexible and you should be able to stretch guys out. The limiting factor for most bullpen guys isn't physical "stamina"; it's the shallowness of their arsenal. And that's already represented in the game.)

Also, it'd be great to see the velo/movement for individual pitches and have those vary more significantly with injury, aging, mechanical tweaks, etc. Changes in velo should be early indicators of changes in performance, just as they are in real life.

The defining "gameplay" of sports sims is finding a bunch of slight edges that add up to a championship. There should be more ways to identify those edges and more ways to exploit them.
Shake Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:28 PM   #82
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

Improve the draft, it is nowhere realistic enough for how important it is.
nymetsfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:46 PM   #83
rbux
Minors (Single A)

Scrap the modern generic ballpark and have realistic, detailed parks for EVERY modern-day team. And Comerica Park? Its spelled "Fountain", not Fauntain
rbux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:23 AM   #84
zappa1
All Star Starter

Well, I've asked for this a few times in earlier versions. Being as the Phillies pulled off this trick last night, I would like to be able to double steal with runners on 1st and 3rd. I have other games in which I can do this, but not in OOTP. I don't know why not. I know it can't be way up there on the list of "to do" things, but...…….

Oh, by the way, the Phillies were successful in their attempt. Bryce Harper stole 2nd while Roman Quinn stole home.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:41 PM   #85
GTAltman
Minors (Triple A)

All of this is cosmetic...

When you have a custom hitting view (or pitching) the ability to have a second filter.
Right now, when you go and add too many you can't filter by post season and say vs LH'ed. You have to adjust the filters in a basic view, THEN select your custom view.

Player of the Week Awards...
When a player does something profound or historical (i.e. No Hitter, 4 HR game, Historical milestone reached) even if there was another player that went crazy, they'd make it a CO-Player of the Week Award Winners.

Appropriate Sub Menu's showing a ">" so that it's known that it is more hiding. Transitioning from 19 to 20 where the sub menu's changed made it difficult to find Spring Training stats.

This one, I feel, is important. LH & RH stats (for P and H) over each season. Right now, if I don't set up my next season lineups before the game moves to the new season, I can't globally figure out who needs to platoon or doesn't. It would be real useful to have access from lineup / pitching screen to see this info.

As others have mentioned, showing or having a way to view historical team win / losing streaks, career grand slams, 10 K games, HR distances over a certain threshold (450' +). Stuff like that would be make teams more immersed in their league history.
GTAltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:17 PM   #86
RPG1212
Bat Boy

-Another scout or two to get another opinion on draft players, etc
-The ability in the off-season to have a player work out at a different position/pitcher to add a pitch
*depending on the players work ethic/skill of coaching staff, this could fail
or be a success. Or some where in the middle. Maybe a point system
where you spend "points" to add a position or pitch.
-26th man for doubleheaders
RPG1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:21 PM   #87
rexrowland
Minors (Single A)

Hidden ball trick

I've had versions OOTP13-19 (buying 20 soon) and have yet to see a base runner take a lead and be tagged out by the nearest fielder because he was too careless to realize the pitcher didn't have the ball. Happens occasionally in real life. I guess just a pickoff but with a different description in the play-by-play.
rexrowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 09:33 PM   #88
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Next year MLB Rosters 26 man so no need for that option for Doubleheaders only if 27.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:25 PM   #89
jmolony3
Minors (Double A)

I would really like it if the scouting director would stop suggesting we draft players who’s demand is impossible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jmolony3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:25 PM   #90
jmolony3
Minors (Double A)

Scouting closer to FHM would be nice.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:32 PM   #91
jmolony3
Minors (Double A)

Another trivial request but I would like to be able to produce a project scoresheet record along with the game log and box score.

Old 07-08-2019, 09:04 PM   #92
Jerrod247
Minors (Single A)

I'd like to see alternate uniforms added
Jerrod247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:01 AM   #93
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

Rivalries:

If you have a geographic(near where you play) or professional(have played multiple playoff series against a team), then, owners, fans, players, and the media act more strongly when you win or lose, and more so in the playoffs than in regular season games, etc.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:19 PM   #94
WadefindsJames
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
Trading
1) the ability to trade among independant leagues
2) trade internation FA money
3) trade competetive balance picks (Which need to be added to the game)
4) 3 team trades
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman576 View Post
Rivalries:

If you have a geographic(near where you play) or professional(have played multiple playoff series against a team), then, owners, fans, players, and the media act more strongly when you win or lose, and more so in the playoffs than in regular season games, etc.
This two things would be awesome.
WadefindsJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:16 PM   #95
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman576 View Post
Rivalries:

As a Milwaukee resident, I do have to add that rivalries (besides the cosmetic possibilities) also have a very concrete impact on the bottom line of the team. Even in our worst years combined, Cubs games get sold out at Miller Park. For smaller franchises it could be an important tweak - along with a strength of rivalry modifier of some kind.
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:31 PM   #96
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexrowland View Post
I've had versions OOTP13-19 (buying 20 soon) and have yet to see a base runner take a lead and be tagged out by the nearest fielder because he was too careless to realize the pitcher didn't have the ball. Happens occasionally in real life. I guess just a pickoff but with a different description in the play-by-play.
You haven't seen it because it's an extremely rare play, but it's in the game.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 01:58 PM   #97
monkeyman576
Hall Of Famer

"Swing for Fences"(try to hit a HR) and "Swing for OF Fly"(try to get a outflied fly) hitting options.
monkeyman576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 10:22 PM   #98
rhammon
Bat Boy

custom stat views

Please allow for the transfer of custom stat views from one version to the next so I don't have to manually recreate the same half-dozen different views every year I buy the game.

thanks!
rhammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:18 PM   #99
Katsox
OOTP Roster Team

Digital Scorecard

I would love an option to customize and view during and after a game a digital scorecard like the one attached. Former pitcher and current Rangers analyst CJ Nitkowski wrote about it in this blog:

http://www.cjbaseball.com/2018/06/24...e-digital-age/
Attached Images
Katsox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:01 PM   #100
Reed
All Star Starter

That digital scorecard would be much more informative than a box score and easier to use that a game log.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote