Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-16-2018, 08:51 AM   #1
stan-theman
Minors (Double A)

Can you have more than 1 team in perfect team

Can you have more than one team in perfect team baseball if possible how do you do it...Thanks
stan-theman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:12 AM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Create a new Challenge Mode account with a different email address. Login using the new account. Launch PT.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:29 AM   #3
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan-theman View Post
Can you have more than one team in perfect team baseball if possible how do you do it...Thanks
Yes But in my case........I am not smart enough to have two. Lol.😩
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:36 PM   #4
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

And here come the auction shenanigans.

Old 11-16-2018, 12:49 PM   #5
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01 View Post

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not sure how this would help much. The most someone could really do is bid up their own card...but then they are pretty likely to get stuck with it and spend unwanted points.

I guess they could try to have auctions end at weird times where they may be able to buy a card from one of their other accounts for below value...but that seems like a lot of effort and not by any means fool proof.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:52 PM   #6
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:

There are ways that they could combat that but there are also good reasons to allow multiple accounts. If more than one family member wants to play would be one. Others have come up with the idea of creating a second team consisting of only players from their favorite team. I may try that one.

If logins are somehow tied to the license then they could simply not allow auction transactions between two accounts on the same license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not sure how this would help much. The most someone could really do is bid up their own card...but then they are pretty likely to get stuck with it and spend unwanted points.

I guess they could try to have auctions end at weird times where they may be able to buy a card from one of their other accounts for below value...but that seems like a lot of effort and not by any means fool proof.
It is pretty simple. I have a second team I earn points on that second account. I want to transfer those points to my primary team. I login to the primary team put a common card up for auction with a high minimum bid and buy it now price. I then log in to my secondary account and buy it transferring points to the primary. Of course if you do that enough your secondary team will become so bad that it might not earn much.

Last edited by Maddox; 11-16-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:02 PM   #7
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

I guess it would be a good idea to not allow users to purchase cards from any users that are on the same license.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:49 PM   #8
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

My second account lists a card on a 24-hour auction with no Buy It Now at the minimum price. My first account bids on it. Where’s the exploit? Anybody can outbid me for it.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:53 PM   #9
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Multiple accounts let a guy funnel money to one account from multiple teams via auction and bidding on your own (from other teams you control) accounts.

It’s a pretty common thing in pay for card game modes.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:20 PM   #10
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
My second account lists a card on a 24-hour auction with no Buy It Now at the minimum price. My first account bids on it. Where’s the exploit? Anybody can outbid me for it.
You could put up a bum card worth 5 PP for 700 PP ... nobody will buy it, of course ... only your second account does.

Nice profit, right?

But I think this whole PT should be fun, so this second and third account stuff is not for me
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:24 PM   #11
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
You could put up a bum card worth 5 PP for 700 PP ... nobody will buy it, of course ... only your second account does.

Nice profit, right?

But I think this whole PT should be fun, so this second and third account stuff is not for me
Note that you did not respond to what I said. I am listing the card at the minimum price, i.e. 5pp for a common. Again I ask, where's the exploit?

My point is that not every transaction between two accounts is cheating, so banning it entirely is not necessary.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:25 PM   #12
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Multiple accounts let a guy funnel money to one account from multiple teams via auction and bidding on your own (from other teams you control) accounts.

And the ways to catch this activity are well known.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:35 PM   #13
Matty86
Major Leagues

Quote:

I have 3 accounts and 3 teams and have no intentions of doing anything against the rules with them. But generalizations are fun!
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:38 PM   #14
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
And the ways to catch this activity are well known.

Might be well known, but does not mean it's implemented and working as intended here. In every other game I have played with card management teams, you are limited to one team per license.

I know before I even have the start of a thought about spending money on this game mode, I'll need to have assurances that lil' Timmy down the road is not using his 3 teams to abuse the system. Because if he is, then what's the point ?
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #15
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Note that you did not respond to what I said. I am listing the card at the minimum price, i.e. 5pp for a common. Again I ask, where's the exploit?

My point is that not every transaction between two accounts is cheating, so banning it entirely is not necessary.
I agree, but where do you draw the line? So I have to agree with eldur00, one team per license would be fair.

On the other hand, guys can (and most likely will) spend real money to buy packs (and subsequently excelllent players), so smart card managing probably won't take you all the way to the top

Happy Chandler, 1947
Old 11-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #16
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
I agree, but where do you draw the line?

You draw the line at exploitation and ban the offending account.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:13 PM   #17
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, but to what point is a transaction not cheating and from what point on it is considered cheating?

I guess that there is a huge gray area.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Old 11-16-2018, 04:16 PM   #18
waylander
Minors (Double A)

Its a clever way to earn some serious PP. Create multiple teams and funnel all the PP earned to the main team through the auction house. Main team puts up a bronze with 100PP buy me now, grind account buys it. People do similar stuff in Madden of course, but it entails a lot of grinding time. Here, you can create multiple teams and trickle PP earned to your main squad with little effort.

I'm assuming that there are some controls in place to negate it. The penalty should be a ban if you're caught. That said, as long as your not egregious with the trade in the auction house - buying a base card for say 1000pp at a clip, I bet you can you fly under the radar for quite some time. I wonder if Markus has some backend analytics that looks at "trade" frequency between two teams - That's how I would ferret this out.

Markhus, I'm assuming this practice is illegal. If not, I'm off to create a few dozen minor league teams lol.
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:21 PM   #19
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander View Post
Its a clever way to earn some serious PP. Create multiple teams and funnel all the PP earned to the main team through the auction house. Main team puts up a bronze with 100PP buy me now, grind account buys it. People do similar stuff in Madden of course, but it entails a lot of grinding time. Here, you can create multiple teams and trickle PP earned to your main squad with little effort.

I'm assuming that there are some controls in place to negate it. The penalty should be a ban if you're caught. That said, as long as your not egregious with the trade in the auction house - buying a base card for say 1000pp at a clip, I bet you can you fly under the radar for quite some time. I wonder if Markus has some backend analytics that looks at "trade" frequency between two teams - That's how I would ferret this out.

Markhus, I'm assuming this practice is illegal. If not, I'm off to create a few dozen minor league teams lol.
We've commented on this a few times around the boards already but it is illegal, and we do have some safeguards already in place and are working to implement more.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:25 PM   #20
zrog2000
All Star Starter

I'd think in order to prevent cheating on the same license, you'd have to have a license key assigned to each login and prevent the same license accounts from buying and selling to/from each other and being in the same league with each other.

But there's not a lot you can do about people with multiple licenses and you'd have to just look for suspicious behavior. However, if you have the money to buy additional licenses, you could just spend the money on PP instead, so maybe that won't be a big issue. I dunno.

Last edited by zrog2000; 11-16-2018 at 04:26 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote