Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-11-2018, 08:54 AM   #1
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

Ohtanis for all!

Early this offseason, the question of where Shohei Ohtani would play dominated baseball. Ohtani answered the question by signing with the Angels, proving that this is truly the lamest of all possible worlds. I mean, the Angels? Come on. They can't even figure out what city they play in. However, as the fates taketh away, they also giveth, in the form of OOTP 19. Hurray!

In this significantly more awesome world, instead of signing with just one team, Ohtani cloned himself 29 times and proceeded to sign with all 30 MLB teams! Ohtanis for all!

We will follow the progress of all 30 Shohei Ohtanis throughout their careers. Will the Ohtanis pitch? Hit? Do both? Will they band together onto a multiple Ohtani super-team? Which Ohtani will reign supreme?

At the end of the season, I will also select the Shohei Ohtani Hitter of the Year Award, the Shohei Ohtani Pitcher of the Year Award, and the Most Valuable Ohtani Award, the latter to be assigned arbitrarily to the Ohtani with the most RBIs on a playoff team, or maybe one with a bunch of saves or something, who knows. I'll also assemble the Ohtanis, Voltron-style, into OHTANIMATRON, to face off against the World Series champion.

Please do write in with other suggestions or things you'd like to see as our story progresses. Next up: excerpts from the press conferences in which each Ohtani selected his team.
jaa36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #2
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

press conferences

Arizona Diamondbacks: "I thought it would be fun to play in 105-degree heat."

Atlanta Braves: "Well, their previous general manager gave me an extra $10 million under the table, so... oh, wait, I don't think I was supposed to talk about that... can you forget I said that?"

Baltimore Orioles: "I actually thought it was kind of hot that they didn't want me. I mean, they were all like, no, we don't philosophically participate in the posting process. I don't know what that even means, but I knew I wanted to be a part of that team. And since day one, everyone on this team has given me the cold shoulder. The manager hasn't talked to me. The other players haven't talked to me. Philosophically, it's been great."

Boston Red Sox: "Is this not the most annoying thing you have ever seen? Ohtani on the Red Sox?"

Chicago Cubs: "I'm looking forward to helping end the over 100-year curse in which the Cubs have not won the World Series. That curse thing is still going on, right?"

Chicago White Sox: "In Japan, I played for a team that was named after a ham company. I thought I would try to top that by playing on a team that is named for the color of their sox. That's the plural for sock, right? Sox?"

Cincinnati Reds: "I'm thrilled to be here in Cleveland. Wait, this is Cincinnati?"

Cleveland Indians: "I'm thrilled to be here in Cincinnati. Wait, this is Cleveland? WHY DO ALL THE CITIES IN THIS STATE START WITH C?!? It's so confusing!"

Colorado Rockies: "Baseball is fun, but I thought, wouldn't it be even more fun a mile above sea level? By the way, I think I'm just going to do the hitting part for you guys. That's cool, right?"

Detroit Tigers: (gets out boombox) DUNH! DUNH-DUNH-DUNH!! DUNH-DUNH-DUNH! DUNH-DUNH-DUNH!!!!

"Risin' up, back on the streets! Did my time, took my chances! Went the distance, now I'm here in Detroit! Just a man and his will to survive!!! So many times, it happens so fast, you trade your passion for glory! Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past, you must fight just to keep them alive! It's Shohei on the Tigers, it's the thrill of the fight, risin' up to the challenge of our rival! And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night, and he's playin' for the team in Detroit! It's the Tigers!"

Houston Astros: "I thought it would be fun to play in 105-degree heat, with humidity, but within the safety of a retractable-roof stadium named after my favorite orange juice."

Kansas City Royals: "Oh man, that was a lot of cocaine I did last night. I'm really thrilled to be here in Los Angeles. Wait, this is where?"

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim: "I thought it would be great to play with the best player in baseball, Mike Trout, and the withered husk of Albert Pujols. Albert, you don't mind if I make you play first base again, do you?"

Los Angeles Dodgers: "I don't know what the other 29 Ohtanis were thinking. This just seems like a good fit for me."

Miami Marlins: "I'm really looking forward to playing with the best young outfield in baseball. (pauses for a minute as Stanton, Ozuna, and Yelich are traded) Wait, what?"

Milwaukee Brewers: "Well, I'm a regular visitor here, but Milwaukee has certainly had its share of visitors. The French missionaries and explorers were coming here as early as the late 1600s to trade with the Native Americans." (audience question: "In fact, isn't 'Milwaukee' an Indian name?") "Yes, Pete, it is. Actually, it's pronounced 'mill-e-wah-que,' which is Algonquin for 'the good land.'" (audience: "I was not aware of that.")

Minnesota Twins: "You guys play in Minnesota and you didn't even build a friggin roof for your stadium? That is so annoying."

New York Mets: "I look forward to tearing my UCL for you guys in the next few months, then getting rushed back too soon, getting a ton of negative publicity, and lots of conflict with your management. Should be good."

New York Yankees: "OK, seriously, did you guys think I would end up with anyone else?"

Oakland Athletics: "You know, I really wanted to be there for when they open that new stadium in 20 or 25 years."

Philadelphia Phillies: (fans boo mercilessly) "What the?!? I just got here! I haven't even played for you yet!" (leaves the stage as batteries and snowballs are thrown at him)

Pittsburgh Pirates: "Arrr!!! Shiver me timbers, I'll make ye walk the plank after I strike ye out!"

San Diego Padres: "I look forward to many years of mediocrity with your organization. I'm gonna hit the beach, is that cool?"

San Francisco Giants: "Yeah, so, I love riding dirt bikes on my days off, and I heard the Giants let you do that."

Seattle Mariners: "It's really exciting for me to join the organization that Japanese legend Ichiro Suzuki was a part of so many years ago. Wait, he's on the team again? He's going to be playing center field when I'm pitching? And he's 44? That's not good, is it?"

St. Louis Cardinals: "I hear you guys have the best fans in baseball, and when I hear things like that, I assume they are true without questioning them."

Tampa Bay Rays: "I thought it would be fun to play in 105-degree heat, with humidity, but within the safety of a soulless dome named after my second-favorite orange juice."

Texas Rangers: "It kind of started out as a joke, I would go around wearing a cowboy hat with my friends saying, howdy partner, I'm a Texas Ranger, and it just took off from there."

Toronto Blue Jays: "I wanted to play in the US, but then the whole Trump thing happened, and I thought, why not go to Canada?"

Washington Nationals: "My goal is to hit better than Harper and to pitch better than Strasburg."
Old 03-11-2018, 11:01 AM   #3
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa36 View Post
Arizona Diamondbacks: "I thought it would be fun to play in 105-degree heat."

Atlanta Braves: "Well, their previous general manager gave me an extra $10 million under the table, so... oh, wait, I don't think I was supposed to talk about that... can you forget I said that?"

Baltimore Orioles: "I actually thought it was kind of hot that they didn't want me. I mean, they were all like, no, we don't philosophically participate in the posting process. I don't know what that even means, but I knew I wanted to be a part of that team. And since day one, everyone on this team has given me the cold shoulder. The manager hasn't talked to me. The other players haven't talked to me. Philosophically, it's been great."

Boston Red Sox: "Is this not the most annoying thing you have ever seen? Ohtani on the Red Sox?"

Chicago Cubs: "I'm looking forward to helping end the over 100-year curse in which the Cubs have not won the World Series. That curse thing is still going on, right?"

Chicago White Sox: "In Japan, I played for a team that was named after a ham company. I thought I would try to top that by playing on a team that is named for the color of their sox. That's the plural for sock, right? Sox?"

Cincinnati Reds: "I'm thrilled to be here in Cleveland. Wait, this is Cincinnati?"

Cleveland Indians: "I'm thrilled to be here in Cincinnati. Wait, this is Cleveland? WHY DO ALL THE CITIES IN THIS STATE START WITH C?!? It's so confusing!"

Colorado Rockies: "Baseball is fun, but I thought, wouldn't it be even more fun a mile above sea level? By the way, I think I'm just going to do the hitting part for you guys. That's cool, right?"

Detroit Tigers: (gets out boombox) DUNH! DUNH-DUNH-DUNH!! DUNH-DUNH-DUNH! DUNH-DUNH-DUNH!!!!

"Risin' up, back on the streets! Did my time, took my chances! Went the distance, now I'm here in Detroit! Just a man and his will to survive!!! So many times, it happens so fast, you trade your passion for glory! Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past, you must fight just to keep them alive! It's Shohei on the Tigers, it's the thrill of the fight, risin' up to the challenge of our rival! And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night, and he's playin' for the team in Detroit! It's the Tigers!"

Houston Astros: "I thought it would be fun to play in 105-degree heat, with humidity, but within the safety of a retractable-roof stadium named after my favorite orange juice."

Kansas City Royals: "Oh man, that was a lot of cocaine I did last night. I'm really thrilled to be here in Los Angeles. Wait, this is where?"

Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim: "I thought it would be great to play with the best player in baseball, Mike Trout, and the withered husk of Albert Pujols. Albert, you don't mind if I make you play first base again, do you?"

Los Angeles Dodgers: "I don't know what the other 29 Ohtanis were thinking. This just seems like a good fit for me."

Miami Marlins: "I'm really looking forward to playing with the best young outfield in baseball. (pauses for a minute as Stanton, Ozuna, and Yelich are traded) Wait, what?"

Milwaukee Brewers: "Well, I'm a regular visitor here, but Milwaukee has certainly had its share of visitors. The French missionaries and explorers were coming here as early as the late 1600s to trade with the Native Americans." (audience question: "In fact, isn't 'Milwaukee' an Indian name?") "Yes, Pete, it is. Actually, it's pronounced 'mill-e-wah-que,' which is Algonquin for 'the good land.'" (audience: "I was not aware of that.")

Minnesota Twins: "You guys play in Minnesota and you didn't even build a friggin roof for your stadium? That is so annoying."

New York Mets: "I look forward to tearing my UCL for you guys in the next few months, then getting rushed back too soon, getting a ton of negative publicity, and lots of conflict with your management. Should be good."

New York Yankees: "OK, seriously, did you guys think I would end up with anyone else?"

Oakland Athletics: "You know, I really wanted to be there for when they open that new stadium in 20 or 25 years."

Philadelphia Phillies: (fans boo mercilessly) "What the?!? I just got here! I haven't even played for you yet!" (leaves the stage as batteries and snowballs are thrown at him)

Pittsburgh Pirates: "Arrr!!! Shiver me timbers, I'll make ye walk the plank after I strike ye out!"

San Diego Padres: "I look forward to many years of mediocrity with your organization. I'm gonna hit the beach, is that cool?"

San Francisco Giants: "Yeah, so, I love riding dirt bikes on my days off, and I heard the Giants let you do that."

Seattle Mariners: "It's really exciting for me to join the organization that Japanese legend Ichiro Suzuki was a part of so many years ago. Wait, he's on the team again? He's going to be playing center field when I'm pitching? And he's 44? That's not good, is it?"

St. Louis Cardinals: "I hear you guys have the best fans in baseball, and when I hear things like that, I assume they are true without questioning them."

Tampa Bay Rays: "I thought it would be fun to play in 105-degree heat, with humidity, but within the safety of a soulless dome named after my second-favorite orange juice."

Texas Rangers: "It kind of started out as a joke, I would go around wearing a cowboy hat with my friends saying, howdy partner, I'm a Texas Ranger, and it just took off from there."

Toronto Blue Jays: "I wanted to play in the US, but then the whole Trump thing happened, and I thought, why not go to Canada?"

Washington Nationals: "My goal is to hit better than Harper and to pitch better than Strasburg."
Following for this post alone!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2018, 05:43 PM   #4
Izz
Hall Of Famer

*drags bean bag and air-horn across to a comfortable looking corner and settles down*

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #5
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Anyone else think this kinda has a "Bloom County" feel to it??
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:46 PM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Great opening post.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:36 PM   #7
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post
Anyone else think this kinda has a "Bloom County" feel to it??
no, more like pauwoo's jeter bros dynasty to me.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:16 AM   #8
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

spring training

The Ohtanis are gearing up for their first regular season. Any projections on which Ohtani will bring home end-of-season hardware? I forgot to mention: I'll also have an award for Most Innovative Use of an Ohtani every season. Maybe we'll see an ace reliever Ohtani, or an Ohtani on third base, or something my feeble mind cannot even fathom.

Next up: the Ohtanis take the field... on Monday!
Old 03-19-2018, 10:13 PM   #9
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

here we go!

The Original Ohtani. Listed as #1 starter and leadoff hitter/DH for the Angels.
Attached Images
Old 03-20-2018, 07:58 AM   #10
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

opening day

It was a rough start for the Original Ohtani, who gave up a three-run home run in the second inning to Khris Davis, then plunked Matt Olson with the next pitch, igniting a bench-clearing brawl and getting suspended for six games. However, Oakland Ohtani won the game. The Ohtanis overall were just 1-5 on the mound for the day.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:24 AM   #11
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

first month

Yankees Ohtani won the Rookie of the Month and the Pitcher of the Month in the AL, going 5-1 with a 1.49 ERA and 44 strikeouts against just five walks. Meanwhile, Mariners Ohtani hit .344 with nine home runs. Four Ohtanis are on the disabled list.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:55 PM   #12
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

midseason

Original Ohtani went down for the season with a torn flexor tendon on May 27. After his exciting debut, he pitched great, with a 7-1 record and 2.40 ERA. Nationals Ohtani suffered the same injury on the same date and will also miss the rest of the year, though he was just 2-3 with a 4.04 ERA. Mariners Ohtani continues to light it up both at the plate and on the mound, with a .291 average and 13 home runs, and a 6-2 record with a 3.41 ERA. The New York Ohtanis are both faring well; Yankees Ohtani has 12 wins and Mets Ohtani has 10.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:22 PM   #13
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

2018 recap

The Yankees took the World Series in seven games over the Dodgers. Yankees Ohtani had a solid season both on the mound and at the plate, hitting .278 with 13 home runs, and going 16-6 with a 2.92 ERA.

Mariners Ohtani won both the AL MVP and the AL Rookie of the Year, hitting .305 with 28 homers, and going 10-8 with a 3.58 ERA. Mets Ohtani won the NL Rookie of the Year, with a 17-3 record and a 2.88 ERA.

Padres Ohtani threw a no-hitter and another shutout, and finished 11-13 with a 3.78 ERA.

Shohei Ohtani Hitter of the Year Award: Mariners Ohtani (.305/28/74)

Shohei Ohtani Pitcher of the Year Award: Yankees Ohtani (16-6, 2.92, 180 K)

Most Valuable Ohtani Award: Yankees Ohtani

Least Valuable Ohtani Award: Marlins Ohtani (.183/2/8, 1-6, 6.75 ERA)

Most Innovative Use of an Ohtani Award: Padres Ohtani. He had two shutouts (including the no-hitter) and three complete games; only one other Ohtani even had one complete game.

No Ohtanis have changed teams yet.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-21-2018, 07:28 AM   #14
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

Shohei Ohtani Championship Series

The Yankees bested the Ohtanis in five games. The Ohtanis struggled on both sides of the ball and were outscored by a total of 38 to 16, so this series may not continue much into the future.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:07 AM   #15
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

2019 midseason

The Mets became the first team to trade for a second Ohtani, acquiring the Dodgers Ohtani for pitcher Hansel Robles and a minor-league shortstop. Both Ohtanis will slot into the rotation, and Dodgers Ohtani will back up Mets Ohtani in right field as well.

Cardinals Ohtani had a three-homer game.

Marlins Ohtani had his diagnosis worsen and is missing the whole season for Tommy John surgery.

Reds Ohtani has probably put together the best season at the plate (.316/20/66) while Cubs Ohtani has been best on the mound (9-2, 2.31). Giants Ohtani has for some reason been playing in the minor leagues for the whole season.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:29 AM   #16
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

end of 2019

The Astros won the World Series over the Rockies in six games. The Marlins lost 112 games. Giancarlo Stanton hit 63 home runs for the Yankees.

Rockies Ohtani threw the second no-hitter by an Ohtani. Giants Ohtani won the Pacific Coast League MVP, so that's good for him I guess.

Shohei Ohtani Hitter of the Year: Reds Ohtani (.302/32/100)

Shohei Ohtani Pitcher of the Year: Indians Ohtani (13-6, 3.89, 215 K)

Most Valuable Ohtani: Yankees Ohtani (.270/24/70 and 15-7, 3.45)

Least Valuable Ohtani; Giants Ohtani, because he was stashed in AAA.

Most Innovative Use of an Ohtani: Dodgers Ohtani, who mostly pitched out of the bullpen.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-21-2018, 08:39 AM   #17
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

2019 Shohei Ohtani Championship Series

The Ohtanis were swept at the hands of the Astros, but it was actually a closer series- the Astros outscored the Ohtanis 26 to 19 overall. Two of the games were decided by just one run.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:24 PM   #18
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

2020 recap

The Yankees won their second World Series in three years, sweeping the Atlanta Braves. The Yankees went 98-64 in the regular season, with stellar performances by Giancarlo Stanton (56 home runs) and Luis Severino (4.0 WAR). But they ran out of gas against the Shohei Ohtanis, getting swept by the Ohtanis in the Shohei Ohtani Championship Series. The Ohtanis threw one fresh Ohtani after another to keep the Yankees' potent offense in check.

On the negative side, the Rangers lost 112 games. Rangers Ohtani went 2-11 with a 6.71 ERA, and hit just .251 with 11 home runs.

During the regular season, Athletics Ohtani had a six-hit game, and Tigers Ohtani hit for the cycle. Four Ohtanis were suspended for getting into brawls.

Mets Ohtani won the NL MVP, hitting .295 with 23 home runs and 76 RBI, and going 17-5 with a 3.45 ERA.

After the season, Dodgers Ohtani (who, of course, had been traded to the Mets last year) was not offered arbitration, and thus will become the first Ohtani to hit the free agent market.

Shohei Ohtani Hitter of the Year Award: Pirates Ohtani (.303/30/84, 18 steals)

Shohei Ohtani Pitcher of the Year Award: Mets Ohtani (17-5, 3.45, 216 K)

Most Valuable Ohtani Award: Mets Ohtani

Least Valuable Ohtani Award: Rangers Ohtani

Most Inventive Use of an Ohtani Award: Athletics Ohtani, who played 17 not-so-stellar games in center field.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-21-2018, 10:36 PM   #19
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa36 View Post
Four Ohtanis were suspended for getting into brawls.
Did any Ohtanis brawl with each other?

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:37 PM   #20
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

2021 recap

The Dodgers managed to become the first team to win a World Series without an Ohtani, winning 104 games and besting the Yankees in a seven-game series. Clay Bellinger hit 71 home runs for the Dodgers- holy schmoley! The Dodgers then lost in six games to the Ohtanis in the Shohei Ohtani Championship Series, with the Ohtanis mounting a furious five-run rally with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning of the clinching game.

Dodgers Ohtani had evidently had enough of the US of A and returned to Japan to sign a three-year deal with the Orix Buffaloes. Yankees Ohtani had a three-homer game. The Giants jerked around Giants Ohtani again, sending him to AAA for most of the season for no obvious reason.

The Ohio Ohtanis took both MVP awards, with Indians Ohtani going 18-7 with a 3.24 ERA and 18 home runs to take AL honors, and Reds Ohtani going 14-4 with a 2.10 ERA and 29 homers to win the NL award.

Shohei Ohtani Hitter of the Year Award: Rockies Ohtani (.326/38/88, .407 OBP)

Shohei Ohtani Pitcher of the Year Award: Reds Ohtani (14-4, 2.10, 213 K)

Most Valuable Ohtani Award: Reds Ohtani

Least Valuable Ohtani Award: Dodgers Ohtani, for skipping the country

Most Innovative Use of an Ohtani Award: Giants Ohtani, for managing to finagle to additional team-controlled years via service time manipulation
Attached Images
Image Image