Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 07-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #1
thomash35
Bat Boy

Angry HUGE Playoff Roster Bug

I have to start the playoffs with only 3 outfielders and 11 total fielders. Why? I placed an outfielder on the DL just as the playoffs started (he was going to heal after the second game but suffered a 2 week set-back the day of the 1st game). I CANNOT place another outfielder on my active roster because he is not eligible. He shows up on my transactions screen but not in my lineup screen and certainly not in my in game roster management.

WTF?

Where are the settings for playoff roster so that i can turn that stupid thing off?
thomash35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
jar2574
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomash35 View Post
I have to start the playoffs with only 3 outfielders and 11 total fielders. Why? I placed an outfielder on the DL just as the playoffs started (he was going to heal after the second game but suffered a 2 week set-back the day of the 1st game). I CANNOT place another outfielder on my active roster because he is not eligible. He shows up on my transactions screen but not in my lineup screen and certainly not in my in game roster management.

WTF?

Where are the settings for playoff roster so that i can turn that stupid thing off?
Try going into the Player Editor in Commish mode and checking the "playoff eligible" button. Then you might be able to put him on your roster. Not sure if that works during the playoffs, but I was able to use it as a workaround before the playoffs started when a couple guys needed replaced because of injuries. Good luck.
jar2574 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

You can't change the playoff roster after the playoffs has started.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

Btw, even if you turn off the roster rules, you still can't change your 25 man till after the playoffs. In the MLB you can change one player out (I think) between series, but you can't during a series. The game has never allowed that.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #5
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

clearly the work went into iootp this year
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomash35 View Post
I CANNOT place another outfielder on my active roster because he is not eligible.
That's the whole point of playoff rosters—only some players on the club are eligible to participate in the post-season. If the replacement player is not eligible, then he can't be used in the post-season. This is exactly how it is in real life too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Btw, even if you turn off the roster rules, you still can't change your 25 man till after the playoffs. In the MLB you can change one player out (I think) between series, but you can't during a series.
Between playoff series MLB clubs can swap around as many players as long as they are post-season eligible. If you had 29 players eligible for the post-season, you can pick any combination of 25 from those 29 to form the roster for a given playoff series. After that series is over the team can again construct a new 25-man list from the 29 players eligible for the next playoff series.

Last edited by Le Grande Orange; 07-10-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #7
ms2002
All Star Starter

There should be an injury replacement available for those on the 15-day DL at the start of the playoffs.

I *think* this is being addressed for the next patch. Let's hope so.
ms2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #8
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Another problem is I have Josh Hamilton Injured and will be out for a while and they would wait intill next round to put him on DL.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #9
chimanbj
All Star Reserve

I would take it as a lesson learned and I would be more careful about how I construct my playoff and 40-man roster. But yes, it's a hard pill to swallow...
Old 07-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #10
eagle09
Bat Boy

I have had major problems with the playoff roster as well. Brett Lawrie was injured Sept 8 ( in the big league). I put him on the 15 day DL. He is now healthy on Oct 25 but the game will not let me put him on the playoff roster. I have 1 spot open for him and my next series has not started yet. I also can not take him off of the DL because it says my active roster is full and my minor league tewam is not in regular season action so i can't send him on rehab. The only thing i can do with him is put him on the 60 day DL. This also happend with another one of my players 4 days ago (in the game).
eagle09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #11
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

You don't have to do anything with him. Leave him on the 15 day that he is currently on, and then add him back to the roster after the playoffs. Like I mentioned before, the game will not allow roster moves at all during the playoffs. Once they start, the team you got is the team you got. It was like that in 11 as well.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #12
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

So if you only have 24 available players....you got to play the playoffs with 24 guys? Seems little odd...
Syxx34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:33 PM   #13
DarbyII
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
You can't change the playoff roster after the playoffs has started.
Correct. It's not an OOTP bug, it's MLR 40(a) at work. You submit your roster before each playoff series and can't change the roster during the series. In the real world a club can petition the Commissioner during a series under MLR 40(a)(4) to replace an injured player but the Commish isn't obligated to grant the request.
DarbyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:48 AM   #14
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

So this guy says the OOTP peeps need to learn baseball tactics, and then he complains about a huge bug in that a feature is working pretty much just like real life?
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:25 AM   #15
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle09 View Post
I have had major problems with the playoff roster as well. Brett Lawrie was injured Sept 8 ( in the big league). I put him on the 15 day DL. He is now healthy on Oct 25 but the game will not let me put him on the playoff roster.
Where was he on August 31st? Was he on the 25-man active roster or DL on that date? Was he on the 40-man roster but in the minors on that date? Or was he not on the 40-man roster on that date? The answer to that question is what determines whether he is playoff eligible or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx34 View Post
So if you only have 24 available players....you got to play the playoffs with 24 guys? Seems little odd...
You should have more than. On average, MLB clubs have about 5 players on the DL on August 31st, meaning clubs would have 30 players eligible for the playoffs (the 25-man active roster plus the 5 on the DL). So unless some of those 30 players were (still) injured just before the end of the regular season, you should have some choices when it comes to filling out the 25 players you want to use in a playoff series.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #16
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
You should have more than. On average, MLB clubs have about 5 players on the DL on August 31st, meaning clubs would have 30 players eligible for the playoffs (the 25-man active roster plus the 5 on the DL). So unless some of those 30 players were (still) injured just before the end of the regular season, you should have some choices when it comes to filling out the 25 players you want to use in a playoff series.

I think he saying if a player gets injured during the playoffs. You can't change the roster once the playoffs has started regardless of playoff available players.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #17
eagle09
Bat Boy

[QUOTE=Le Grande Orange;3171384]Where was he on August 31st? Was he on the 25-man active roster or DL on that date? Was he on the 40-man roster but in the minors on that date? Or was he not on the 40-man roster on that date? The answer to that question is what determines whether he is playoff eligible or not.

Brett Lawrie was playing in the majors before the roster expansion date (he played Aug 31 and Sept 1). My other player was on the DL on the roster expansion day.

And too the people saying you can't change your roster, yes you can. AFTER each series you can make changes IF you have extra players playoff eligble. I have 27 players eligble. I had a player injured in my 1st round and made a change after that round taking him off my roster and puting another player on my roster.
eagle09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:04 AM   #18
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

That's the great thing about playing the 2011 Astros. We will never have to worry about playoff rosters.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #19
MattT516
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle09 View Post
I have had major problems with the playoff roster as well. Brett Lawrie was injured Sept 8 ( in the big league). I put him on the 15 day DL. He is now healthy on Oct 25 but the game will not let me put him on the playoff roster. I have 1 spot open for him and my next series has not started yet. I also can not take him off of the DL because it says my active roster is full and my minor league tewam is not in regular season action so i can't send him on rehab. The only thing i can do with him is put him on the 60 day DL. This also happend with another one of my players 4 days ago (in the game).
Similarly, I had a situation with Lance Berkman in my 2011 Mets where he was hurt in mid-September, was playoff roster-eligible, and had no DL time left when the first round came around but couldn't put him on the playoff roster. After winning the NLDS, I had to figure out how to get him onto the roster in the NLCS. Here's what I did:

1) Get your active roster of 40 players (roster expansion) back to 24 men (if you can), and then add that injured player off the DL back onto the active roster.

2) Add him to the playoff roster.

This was the only thing that worked, as even though I only had 28/40 spots filled on the active roster it was reading as 25 slots available. Once I got it under 25, it let me add Berkman back on.

Hope this helps, because it was driving me nuts as well. I had to start Bryan Petersen and Fernando Martinez in an outfield slot on a playoff roster.
MattT516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #20
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattT516 View Post
Similarly, I had a situation with Lance Berkman in my 2011 Mets where he was hurt in mid-September, was playoff roster-eligible, and had no DL time left when the first round came around but couldn't put him on the playoff roster. After winning the NLDS, I had to figure out how to get him onto the roster in the NLCS. Here's what I did:

1) Get your active roster of 40 players (roster expansion) back to 24 men (if you can), and then add that injured player off the DL back onto the active roster.

2) Add him to the playoff roster.

This was the only thing that worked, as even though I only had 28/40 spots filled on the active roster it was reading as 25 slots available. Once I got it under 25, it let me add Berkman back on.

Hope this helps, because it was driving me nuts as well. I had to start Bryan Petersen and Fernando Martinez in an outfield slot on a playoff roster.
I am curious about one thing that I see many people do and you have too. Why DL someone when they are hurt in Sept? You can have the whole 40 man active so unless you 60 day someone because your 40 man was full and you really wanted to get another guy up there is no reason to, unless I'm missing something.

FWIW I never move a guy to the DL in Sept. as it is unnecessary and, whether pre v12 with no playoff roster or now in v12, will help avoid any issues that may come up. IE put guy on DL assuming he'll be off in time for playoffs only to find he's had a setback that keeps him out of games one and two and stuck on DL (can't activate him because he is injured). If he's left active, with injury, you can leave him on the roster hoping he is back in game three. Of course you run the risk of setback and playing one short for the series but that is the chance you take.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote