Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-27-2020, 06:00 AM   #1
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thread for troubleshooting super slow 3d Movement

We've had a few reports of this as quoted. If this is happening to you, please try the suggested potential solutions in the next post and also get us as much of the requested info as possible so we can recreate this. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by playball335 View Post
On all ground balls, the batter doesn't leave the batters box (catcher does run down the line to backup play) and the field never throws the ball. Also, the play by play then takes up to a minute to finish before being able to continue (using either full or quick pbp).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorT View Post
I'm having the same issue. Also, at times, a runner moving from first to third on an outfield hit will stop at second, then the play by play will take about a minute to say he was out at third (though no graphic showed that).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthian23 View Post
I just came to say the same. It makes the game totally unplayable if you want to play out the games. Every groundball takes like a full minute. In general, I feel like the 3D animations feel like a step backwards. I've been playing OOTP since OOTP 4 and this is maybe only the second time I've been disappointed when I started playing. I'm sure Marcus and the gang will work it out, because they generally work out all the issues, but the 3D animations need serious work. I don't think they're even as smooth as they were a couple of versions ago. The most staggering issue is definitely the groundballs, though, with no continuation from the fielder and them taking a minute or more.

Edit: Same thing with massive slowdowns and no catcher throw on steals.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-27-2020 at 07:03 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:00 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

My initial thought in reading this is that it's sounds like it's likely a video card driver issue. So the first thing to try would be to check and make sure those are up to date and update them if not. Also, that you are on the latest patch: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=312448

Now, if neither of those quick fixes work, we'll have to do some more in depth troubleshooting. In which case, we'll need to know as much as possible about your system. So that basically means answering all the questions you'd find in the first post of the crashing thread, as follow below:

So please let us know the following:
Are you on a PC or Mac?
What OS are you using?
Do you have the game on Steam or the Standalone or a different version (please name it)?
If you are on a Mac, what specific model Mac do you have? Also if you're on a Mac please attach the Mac crash report that pops up after a crash.
What are your system specs (especially your video card and your amount of memory)?
Where exactly does your game crash? What are you doing just before it crashes? Can you consistently get the crash to repeat by doing the same thing or is it seemingly random? Do you get an error message? If so, what?
Does this crash in only one saved game or in multiple saves? If only one, then we'll need to see your league files as per the instructions in my sig (or you can just upload to Dropbox/Google Drive and post a link)
It would also help us to have the game generated trace file.

To generate that on a Windows PC, do the following:

If you're on Steam, right-click on your game in the Steam library, then Properties, and on the General menu click on 'Set Launch Options' and enter the word "tracemode" (without quotes.).

If you have the standalone, right-click on the OOTP21 shortcut on your desktop, click on properties and add 'tracemode' to the command line

Then try to start the game again. Get it to crash.

After it does so, navigate to the following folder: Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 21\debug

Find the trace file there and post with the rest of your information. That should have some data that will help us figure out why the game is crashing.

Last of all, you'll also want to try experimenting with all the different 3d settings on the settings > 3d and facegen page. Especially the OpenGL mode and audience detail etc.

Then let us know if any of those make a difference, and if so, which ones.

Let me know as much of the above as possible and that should hopefully give us enough info to start tracking down a solution to this.

When you get us the info, please

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote