Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:08 PM   #1
texasmame
All Star Starter

On the new live-action camera shifting.

From the start of adding graphics, I was Mister "I Just Want Microleague Graphics!" I guess I know what I want as I'm just happy to leave the camera on WIDE and watch the game play out like that. Can't get used to the the following the ball, changing camera angles, etc.

Nice job on the new 3D stuff but, for me, it's as good as I wanted it in 20 and I'm happy with that!

I guess I'd like to see some audio added, like the late Ernie Harwell broadcasts in Baseball for Windows. To me, that would really be the next step in "flash" for OOTP.

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.

Last edited by texasmame; 03-18-2020 at 05:10 PM.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:05 AM   #2
stevem810
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmame View Post
From the start of adding graphics, I was Mister "I Just Want Microleague Graphics!" I guess I know what I want as I'm just happy to leave the camera on WIDE and watch the game play out like that. Can't get used to the the following the ball, changing camera angles, etc.

Nice job on the new 3D stuff but, for me, it's as good as I wanted it in 20 and I'm happy with that!

I guess I'd like to see some audio added, like the late Ernie Harwell broadcasts in Baseball for Windows. To me, that would really be the next step in "flash" for OOTP.
I love the concept behind the multiple angels. I'm sure at some point it will smooth out. Right now, it's giving me vertigo.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:18 AM   #3
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Personally, right now the zoom in at the end of plays to the outfield is reminding me of 1970s Kung fu movies, and while I am a fan, I was also a big fan of the Bugs Bunny throw to first on infield hits that was sadly removed from the game last year, so I might not be the best person to ask about “likes”...
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:33 AM   #4
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem810 View Post
I love the concept behind the multiple angels. I'm sure at some point it will smooth out. Right now, it's giving me vertigo.
Have you tried this, posted in the first impressions thread? Since release patch I've been doing it and find it much better. Only difference is my three cameras are:

My created HP view (a bit closer and higher than default wide)>HP> back to my HP view

Good enough I've stayed with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by congokurtz View Post
Ok, update on follow ball game play. I might be a follower after all. It seems to work very well (a lot less jerky) with the following settings: Camera movement delay 0.00, camera transition time 0.00s, camera movement speed 2, initial view wide, pitch camera view hp, action view wide. In other words I set all the camera movements to it's fastest. I'm thinking this work best for me cause I'm on a 27 inch monitor in full screen mode. Maybe for smaller screens or smaller window sizes a slower camera is better
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:14 PM   #5
Miamikb2001
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Have you tried this, posted in the first impressions thread? Since release patch I've been doing it and find it much better. Only difference is my three cameras are:

My created HP view (a bit closer and higher than default wide)>HP> back to my HP view

Good enough I've stayed with it.
Maybe dumb question but how do you edit the views?
Miamikb2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 11:39 PM   #6
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamikb2001 View Post
Maybe dumb question but how do you edit the views?
Maybe a bad choice or words? By view I meant I moved the camera. Started with wide, zoomed in a bit towards home plate, and then tilted the camera 'til I was happy with the how the OF and skyline looked.

Tilt it to far one way and the fielders look too small and the perspective of the ball flight doesn't look right to my eye. Tilt too far the other way and OF looks too small and you can't see high fly balls.

All I can say is I know it's right when I see it, obviously a personal preference thing.

So, pre-pitch is my modified wide cam, then I watch the pitch from behind the C (default HP camera), and then it goes back to my modified wide camera for the action.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 06:59 AM   #7
Reed
All Star Starter

I grew tired of using 3 different camera angle during play along with the following the ball flight. Now I just use an overhead prior to pitch to see the defense alignment and to see the runners on base. Once the pitcher starts his windup, I go to a modified camera angle about 20 feet behind the catcher and about 15 feet above the ground so I can see down both foul lines and have a good view of the pitch and play. I use the same camera angle after the pitch. For me this is more like being at the game instead of watching on tv. While the ball goes down the left field line, I can see what the various runners are doing.
Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:46 AM   #8
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I'm with texasmame on preferring the wide view. Rather than looking at the game on TV, it's like I'm seeing it from my seat in the stands and that suits me. I do salute the designers for what they are trying to do, though, and I thank them for preserving the flexibility of choosing the single wide view.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:40 AM   #9
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I'm with texasmame on preferring the wide view. Rather than looking at the game on TV, it's like I'm seeing it from my seat in the stands and that suits me. I do salute the designers for what they are trying to do, though, and I thank them for preserving the flexibility of choosing the single wide view.

Yup. As long as whatever they add/improve is selectable, I'm all for it.

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:29 PM   #10
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmame View Post
Yup. As long as whatever they add/improve is selectable, I'm all for it.
They have always been good about providing such options which I am sure has made for a ton of extra work over the years but results in much wider and deeper player satisfaction in the long run. They are to be commended for this.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 03:03 PM   #11
ChrisJNelson
Major Leagues

Is it possible to disable camera movement? I found how to change angles but I can't seem to get it to stop moving. Hoping this is possible.\\

EDIT: Nevermind, found it in the settings under OPTIONS -> GAME OPTIONS from the play-by-play screen.

Last edited by ChrisJNelson; 03-29-2020 at 07:52 PM.
ChrisJNelson is offline   Reply With Quote