Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 10-29-2018, 11:25 PM   #201
reds1
Hall Of Famer

FWIW, I visited the Metro Leagues at work today on Win7 in chrome, firefox and explorer. The duplication showed up in all. Here at home, I viewed the site in chrome, edge and explorer (Win 10) - same thing. The box scores are all fine, by the way.

It's no biggie - but it is curious.

Last edited by reds1; 10-31-2018 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Image no longer needed
reds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:18 AM   #202
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Ah. Ok, now I see what you guys mean, Reds1. Mistakenly thought you were talking about the links. A picture is better than a thousand words. Sorry about that. Fixed. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:22 AM   #203
Tyke
All Star Starter

Well done, Reds1! Now why didn't I think of that? All good now
Tyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:51 PM   #204
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

The 1967 season is over and posted. Was a pretty good one. Check it out.

-Did the 'splash twins' lead they're Cyclones back to the big dance?
-What six teams made the postseason?
-Which players had great individual seasons?

Enjoy.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:33 PM   #205
John C
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Hey, Kitt Carson reference! And Katt Carson (who was not in the MLEB universe).

Hard to believe Kitt was roaming the Yankee outfield twenty years ago.

And Darryl Todd, who was my first draft pick! He raked this year.

Last edited by John C; 03-03-2019 at 01:34 PM.
John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:38 PM   #206
John C
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Out of curiosity, how did Checker Wilkerson make the All-Metro team? Is that the equivalent of Silver Slugger? If so, what were his batting stats?

John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:32 PM   #207
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C View Post
Out of curiosity, how did Checker Wilkerson make the All-Metro team? Is that the equivalent of Silver Slugger? If so, what were his batting stats?
Great question, John. Yes it's the silver slugger. Wilkerson's batting stats were .266, 1 HR, 5 RBI. But, I usually hand pick the pitcher for the All-Metro team based on his pitching stats. However, this was one of those times I forgot to make the selection so instead of going back I just let it stand.
Old 03-04-2020, 12:04 PM   #208
Tyke
All Star Starter

A one-year anniversary bump for the doyen of OOTP dynasties! Hope all is well in Metro League land, Jon
Old 03-05-2020, 12:33 PM   #209
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyke View Post
A one-year anniversary bump for the doyen of OOTP dynasties! Hope all is well in Metro League land, Jon
I got an email alert for a post to this thread and got excited. Yes, I hope all is well. I still visit the website,.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:59 PM   #210
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just checked out his wonderful website... last thing posted was the preseason predictions for the 1948 Metro League season.
Once again I took a tour of the ballpark and the towns...the website is beautifully designed with a map of the country... the team logos, town names and nicknames are old-fashion in nature... all very traditional and well thought out... town histories are special, too.

It is a wonderful website and dynasty league.

My wife and I love to go to ballparks, major league and minors... we have seen all 37 MLB ballparks... plus 23 Minor League ballparks.

Making plans to go see the Rangers' new one... and we will return to one of the oldest ballparks this summer... McCormick Field in Asheville, North Carolina, home of the Tourists.
I showed my wife the Metro League website and she said it would be a nice place to visit... yes, she's a romantic like me.

My wife wants to contact DreamTeams and schedule a tour of all the Metro League towns and stadiums.

The Metro League and the Laseron Baseball Association are my all-time favorite dynasty leagues.
Hope all is well with DreamTeams and family.

I had the pleasure to serve with him and knuckler in the early days of OOTP... we had a thread for Major League expansion teams... we would pick a city and come up with a nickname based on the history, culture and industry in the cities... we had a weekly contest to pick the best logos... we usually got a bunch of really fine graphics each week...DreamTeams, knuckler and I would select the best 5 expansion logos posted in the thread that week and then let the OOTP Community vote for their favorite... we must have done it for 20 weeks or so.

It was a good time on the OOTP Graphics Forum.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:19 PM   #211
Tyke
All Star Starter

Eugene, I think Dream Teams' last post in the thread was a link to a review of the 1967 Metro Leagues season!
Old 03-05-2020, 03:00 PM   #212
reds1
Hall Of Famer

A little while back, DreamTeams mentioned that he was rebooting & reconfiguring his league.
Old 03-05-2020, 03:26 PM   #213
Tyke
All Star Starter

That's great news.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:04 PM   #214
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Everything's fine guys, thanks for asking. Decided to take a little break from Metros action in order to concentrate on other things (Including a Metro Football League project.) But, it turned out to be quite an extended hiatus. Can't believe it's been a whole year since I last posted to this thread!

Meanwhile, was recently looking through the Metros league history and determined I really enjoyed the league most when it was simply 12 teams with an old school post season. So, decided to start over and stick with that structure going forward.

I'm currently playing out the inaugural season (1950) and will post the results when it's completed.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:38 PM   #215
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTeams View Post
Everything's fine guys, thanks for asking. Decided to take a little break from Metros action in order to concentrate on other things (Including a Metro Football League project.) But, it turned out to be quite an extended hiatus. Can't believe it's been a whole year since I last posted to this thread!

Meanwhile, was recently looking through the Metros league history and determined I really enjoyed the league most when it was simply 12 teams with an old school post season. So, decided to start over and stick with that structure going forward.

I'm currently playing out the inaugural season (1950) and will post the results when it's completed.
Good to have you back... still love the Metro League... it is right at the top of my all-time favorite dynasty league... along with the Laseron Baseball Association.

DreamTeams, I'm a very slow learner... I, too, discovered that "Less Is More"... 64 teams in the Islandian Pro Alliance is far too many teams to cover... my favorite was my 6-team State Line League using 1950 semi-pro teams in northwest Alabama, northeast Mississippi and one team in South Tennessee... then I went to eight teams in the Southern Association replay... thoroughly enjoyed that one, too... now I have the North Island and South Island Leagues... 24 teams... that is too many to really enjoy.

I think the 16-team MLB has the right number... you could follow all the teams and keep track of them... free agency ruined that... players began to switch teams too much... it was hard to keep track of them... the current 30-team MLB is far too much for me to get immersed in.

Think you may have it right... 12 teams is fine.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-25-2020 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:42 PM   #216
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Do you have a website for your football league?
Old 03-07-2020, 03:20 PM   #217
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
Do you have a website for your football league?
Unfortunately, I don't have a full blown league site that allows folks to follow along as I have with Metros baseball.

Instead, the Metro Football League (MFL) is a complete fictional league football universe that gamers can actually play out themselves using Pro Strategy Football (PSF). You can read more about it at my site here...

Metro Football League

The purpose of my MFL site is to share with fellow gamers the league file and all of the custom graphics, (helmets, uniforms, various stadium/fields and field art) needed to play this league. This and more can be downloaded in the downloads section of the site. The PSF simulator is also required. You can find a link to the PSF website at the 'links' section of my site.

All that being said, I did consider creating a follow along league site. However, PSF does not presently include the capabilities to easily do that. Still, similar to like Markus, the developer is fantastic at listening to gamers and tries to implement their ideas into the game if possible. So, I may consider it again in the future or come up with another way, such as through youtube or something along those lines. We'll see.

Thanks for the question, Eugene.
Old 03-07-2020, 05:06 PM   #218
Tyke
All Star Starter

Quote:

It will be interesting to see which clubs make the cut!
Old 07-25-2020, 01:30 PM   #219
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't have a full blown league site that allows folks to follow along as I have with Metros baseball.

Instead, the Metro Football League (MFL) is a complete fictional league football universe that gamers can actually play out themselves using Pro Strategy Football (PSF). You can read more about it at my site here...

Metro Football League

The purpose of my MFL site is to share with fellow gamers the league file and all of the custom graphics, (helmets, uniforms, various stadium/fields and field art) needed to play this league. This and more can be downloaded in the downloads section of the site. The PSF simulator is also required. You can find a link to the PSF website at the 'links' section of my site.

All that being said, I did consider creating a follow along league site. However, PSF does not presently include the capabilities to easily do that. Still, similar to like Markus, the developer is fantastic at listening to gamers and tries to implement their ideas into the game if possible. So, I may consider it again in the future or come up with another way, such as through youtube or something along those lines. We'll see.

Thanks for the question, Eugene.
DreamTeams, I miss the Metro Baseball League... here is a selfish suggestion:

Don't know if you would be interested, but you could incorporate your Metro Football League in your Metro League baseball report here on the OOTPB Forum.

Tiger Fan has combined all the major sports in his classic dynasty threads.

Maybe you could, too.

Just a suggestion...not telling you how to do your leagues.

If you're burned out on your leagues, I could understand that... my Islandian Pro Alliance is a lot of work for me now and I often think of ending it, but I've been doing it so long, it is hard to stop... it used to be "a labor of love", but now it is still beloved, but it's also a heck of a lot of tedious labor.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 07-25-2020 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:26 PM   #220
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene Church View Post
DreamTeams, I miss the Metro Baseball League... here is a selfish suggestion:

Don't know if you would be interested, but you could incorporate your Metro Football League in your Metro League baseball report here on the OOTPB Forum.

Tiger Fan has combined all the major sports in his classic dynasty threads.

Maybe you could, too.

Just a suggestion...not telling you how to do your leagues.

If you're burned out on your leagues, I could understand that... my Islandian Pro Alliance is a lot of work for me now and I often think of ending it, but I've been doing it so long, it is hard to stop... it used to be "a labor of love", but now it is still beloved, but it's also a heck of a lot of tedious labor.
Agreed, Tiger Fan does a great job reporting on combined leagues. Definitely great stuff there.

Still enjoy my Metros, but unfortunately just haven't found the time to make reports here. In fact, since early this year most of my game time has happily gone towards beta testing Pro Strategy Football (PSF). The game has a one team developer who really listens and tries hard to add suggested features, if possible. Actually, reminds me of Markus' style with OOTP.

Not sure if I'll ever find the time to do reporting on my Metro Football League. But, you never know. Instead, I've released the league file and graphics so folks can play it on their own, using PSF. Still, thanks for the kind suggestion, Eugene.