Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Hotfix 21.1.33 - OOTP 21 Available - FHM 6 Available

OOTP Baseball 21 Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-20-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
oriole^
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 76x in 45 posts
Expanded Designated Hitter Options

This certainly isn't a deal-breaker, but how about seeing some new options for the designated hitter? Right now it's either on or off, which is all we've seen in any pro league...but other options have been proposed by writers or coaches. There's Tom Trebelhorn's "designated pinch hitter": a bench player who can pinch hit four times a game, no more than once in the same inning. There's the "buddy DH", who you have to remove when you remove the pitcher. There's my personal favorite, the "one-and-done" DH - basically, you can send in a pinch hitter for the pitcher and keep the pitcher in the game, but the hitter is done for the game and can't come back in. (That introduces some strategy...save the "DHs" for late in the game, or use them up and risk having to bat a pitcher in extra innings?) There might be a few other options as well, but these are the ones I've seen discussed.

"Don't worry about it, fellas. I'm an old Oriole. I'm too tough to die."
Wilbert Robinson, Hall of Fame
oriole^ is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
Dark Horse (02-27-2020), kq76 (02-22-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 06:14 PM   #2
Scott Vibert
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 250x in 179 posts
The other piece would be to allow the DH to be set for any spot in the lineup. For example if you have a good hitting pitcher you may want to DH for the weak hitting SS. Similarly some college rules would allow you to be both the pitcher and the DH... meaning that you can be removed from the game as a pitcher, but still be in the lineup as a DH.
Scott Vibert is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
kq76 (02-22-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 10:43 PM   #3
Brad K
All Star Reserve

Thanked 167x in 130 posts
Let's not make OOTP worse before MLB does it for us.
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
mitchkenn (02-24-2020)