Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-07-2018, 09:51 AM   #1
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Add on Purchases

Markus & Co. are looking into additional revenue streams from OOTP by selling add on content. Now before anyone gets mad and starts ranting there is nothing wrong with doing this. You don't have to buy it and they have already said nothing about the base game as is has been delivered will change.

So the question is what can they sell you as an add on beyond beyond the base game that you would buy?

For me it's ballparks. Fictional, historic, minor league etc. This is something I have wanted very much since 3D was included and more so now that it is looking better with each version. Assuming the major league ballparks will still be in the base game (as the teams has said) would you guys pay extra to have Forbes, Crosley, Shibe, Sportsman's, RFK, Riverfront, 3 Rivers, Ebbets, Memorial Stadium, Tiger stadium, etc added to the game? I would. In a heartbeat.

What other add ons would you be willing to buy beyond the base game?
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
Markus & Co. are looking into additional revenue streams from OOTP by selling add on content. Now before anyone gets mad and starts ranting there is nothing wrong with doing this. You don't have to buy it and they have already said nothing about the base game as is has been delivered will change.

So the question is what can they sell you as an add on beyond beyond the base game that you would buy?

For me it's ballparks. Fictional, historic, minor league etc. This is something I have wanted very much since 3D was included and more so now that it is looking better with each version. Assuming the major league ballparks will still be in the base game (as the teams has said) would you guys pay extra to have Forbes, Crosley, Shibe, Sportsman's, RFK, Riverfront, 3 Rivers, Ebbets, Memorial Stadium, Tiger stadium, etc added to the game? I would. In a heartbeat.

What other add ons would you be willing to buy beyond the base game?
None for me. If the main game became monetized I'd be out.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:26 PM   #3
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Completely agree. But Lucas & Markus have both said that will not happen. OOTPD has a lot more credibility with me than 99% of SW developers out there.

But offer me something extra such as the example and I'd bite.
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:03 PM   #4
cavebutter
All Star Starter

I play only fictional. I've been trying to come up with something for the last while and there's nothing that I can think of beyond things that ought to be in the game as it matures:
In-game 3D Ballpark Creator
In-game Fictional Player Creator
More depth in coaching staff
Better financials

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:08 PM   #5
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

Only thing I can think of I might be willing to pay extra for would probably be ballparks. Mainly historic and Minor League parks. Providing that the price was not crazy. I would not be willing to pay $3.00 for 1 stadium, but if you could buy a group of say all AAA stadiums for say $20.00, I would probably be willing to purchase them. Can't really think of anything else off-hand.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:41 AM   #6
vrobx1
Hall Of Famer

A retooled version of Inside The Park. I love to do the fictional player as a prospect and follow his career that way.
vrobx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:22 PM   #7
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post

To answer your question I would buy none and agree with RchW it would be time to leave. I'd simply stay with my latest version and be happy with that.

The bold part is your opinion and you are entitled to it but don't assume it is correct for everyone.

The problem is while yes, it's said current base game won't change how can that really be for future versions if paid for add on content is added?

Currently I pay $35-40 every year for a full game. I pay this because I know, year to year, new features are added and it is well worth the price. With paid add on content what is the limit of new features for the new base game and what is reserved for add on content?

What is the incentive to NOT make these potential new features paid for content?..

alternate jerseys
batting helmets
spray charts
extended stat packages
etc etc etc

I'm not buying the game for $40 and then be told for $45 you can have spray charts. $50 and your little players will have batting helmets. For $55 you get alternate jerseys. You mean alternate jerseys are only $5? I'm in!!!!!

Let them continue to build the game as they always have IE adding as much as they can to justify the new price. If they want to add to the graphic coding team to be able to make historical or ML stadiums, alternate jerseys, batting helmets, more graphs, etc. but that means raising the price of OOTP to $50, so it can be added in v21 instead of v30, that's cool with me.

It then comes down to the consumer to decide if it's worth it or not. OOTP being a complete game at purchase is and should be hyped in all advertising as a selling point. This should not change in any way shape or form. In my opinion
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 03:32 PM   #8
Kebel87
Bat Boy

I probably won’t make friends but I’d rather have OOTP as a GaaS cloud sync’ed across all platforms (iOS, Android, PC, web based,etc.)

I feel pretty much the same for all annual games. Don’t have enough free time to play enough to justify shelling out full price each year and playing last year game isn’t appealing at all for me.
Kebel87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:27 PM   #9
strzepeksc
All Star Reserve

I would pay extra for head to head (face to face play) for online leagues
strzepeksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:50 PM   #10
ohms_law
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffw3000 View Post
Only thing I can think of I might be willing to pay extra for would probably be ballparks. Mainly historic and Minor League parks. Providing that the price was not crazy. I would not be willing to pay $3.00 for 1 stadium, but if you could buy a group of say all AAA stadiums for say $20.00, I would probably be willing to purchase them. Can't really think of anything else off-hand.
That and professionally done versions of logos, jerseys, and ballcaps.

Not knocking the outstanding work of the modding community, at all! There's some outstanding work available to put into OOTP, it's just hard to manage it all sometimes. A package with an installer and all would be nice. That and some of the modders really ought to have an opportunity to earn a couple of bucks.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:54 PM   #11
ohms_law
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebel87 View Post
I probably won’t make friends but I’d rather have OOTP as a GaaS cloud sync’ed across all platforms (iOS, Android, PC, web based,etc.)

I feel pretty much the same for all annual games. Don’t have enough free time to play enough to justify shelling out full price each year and playing last year game isn’t appealing at all for me.
It probably should be, these days. Decouple the base game from the rosters and other stuff. That's the way lots of things are going these days.

It'd be a gamble though, if the audience that's on the forums is truly representative of the player base.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:44 PM   #12
spartacus007
Minors (Triple A)

I'd pay for a good 3D ballpark creator. My current attempts have failed badly.

Historical Mode:
OOTP 24 (Challenge Mode)
⚾ 1901-19 Reds: 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🏆🏆🏆🏆
FHM 10
🏒 1909-18 Wanderers: 🏆
🏒 1918-19: Arenas/St. Patricks: 🏆🏆
spartacus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 04:51 AM   #13
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
For me it would be a better editor. I'd love to create historical scenarios where I could start a league at the trade deadline with that year's real stats and standings, even if I had to input it all myself. Plus the ability to create amateur FAs that would actually show up in the right screen for J2 signings in order to count against spending correctly or to be able to assign players to the foreign complexes

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 08:45 PM   #14
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
For me it would be a better editor. I'd love to create historical scenarios where I could start a league at the trade deadline with that year's real stats and standings, even if I had to input it all myself. Plus the ability to create amateur FAs that would actually show up in the right screen for J2 signings in order to count against spending correctly or to be able to assign players to the foreign complexes

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

i've asked for the ability to create players for and/or trade International complex players for a few years now. don't think it'll ever happen so i quit asking this year.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:06 PM   #15
Jerry Helper
Major Leagues

Does selling their own ballparks mean they would eliminate the 3d mods that we can get now for free? If so, I’m out on that too
Jerry Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:55 PM   #16
Tony-OH
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohms_law View Post
That and professionally done versions of logos, jerseys, and ballcaps.

Not knocking the outstanding work of the modding community, at all! There's some outstanding work available to put into OOTP, it's just hard to manage it all sometimes. A package with an installer and all would be nice. That and some of the modders really ought to have an opportunity to earn a couple of bucks.
I agree with all of this. I lov e adding in the old ball parks and pictures from modders, but wish there was a an easier way to set it all up.
Tony-OH is offline   Reply With Quote