Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:03 AM   #1
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Could not load world file: error 2

Hi there. Really enjoying the new version of the game, but having some difficulty with it. First, I had been running a fictional promotion relegation league with a fall league, which was a blast, but unfortunately I ended up getting fired from my primary job when I got fired from the fall league at the end of its season. Being the start of the season, I switched to another team and played out a year before being fired again the next year when the fall league ended. This was disappointing, as in Challenge Mode I wasn't able to jump back into the team that I had been working on. I got frustrated for a few days, but decided to try again with a standard MLB setup.

Had a lot of fun with that one too, but tried to load up the game file this morning and got an error stating that "An error occurred while loading the database! Could not load world file: error 2."

It seems to be identical to this problem reported here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=280807

I let the game run through its autorestore attempts, but that didn't seem to do much. I forced the game to reload the custom files per some threads in past versions of the game, but no luck. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and still have the same problem.

Don't think that I have the energy to start up yet another new league. Any hope for me on this one? I don't have any other backups to load.

Of note, I'm traveling next week and probably won't be able to respond to any answers until the following weekend. Thanks for any help that you can provide.
Nutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #2
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Running Steam version of OOTP 18, version 18.7 Build 74. Game originally created a few weeks back with whatever version of the game was active at the time. Had loaded and saved with this build a few times before the problem hit.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:05 AM   #3
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

.dat files uploaded to Nutlaw - MLB.lg.zip.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #4
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Sorry you're having difficulties, but great to see you again!
Old 08-13-2017, 09:03 PM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

I posted instructions in the other thread you linked about restoring from the autosave, which might help you as well. I'll post the instructions here too.

1) Open the game and on the start screen, click on Settings (or Preferences in OOTP 11-14).

2) Now click on the tab "Troubleshooting".

3) Click "Open folder containing saved games".

4) Now open up the league folder you're wanting to restore.

5) Then select all of the .dat files in the folder and back them up (just in case) by copying them to a temporary folder or creating a zipped file with them

6) Open the folder called "auto-save".

7) In there, select all of the ".dat" files and copy them to the league folder (the parent of the current folder) overwriting all of the ".dat" files in the league folder.

Now start the game and load your league. If it's successful, it will display a message letting you know it's cleaning up text files. This might take several minutes to complete (or even longer if the auto-save backup is older, like from the beginning of the year).

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:30 PM   #6
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, the game already did that automatically. Active files are identical to autosave ones. No luck there, unfortunately.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:21 AM   #7
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Specifically, all of the files have the same date/time stamp, in the main directory, in the autosave directory, and in the incident directories. I tried to run each of them and got the same error each time.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:17 PM   #8
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

So am I looking at no hope with this one?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:05 PM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

It appears to be a problem loading the challenge data items (challenge.dat). It appears that something in that file got corrupted and wiped out the information from that file that we need to load your game with. I would double check whether you have a backup version of that .dat file from your save. If not, then you will likely not be able to load the save, unfortunately.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #10
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Hrm. No backup files for any of the .dats, no. Could I substitute a challenge.dat from another league in its place? I don't really care about that stuff. No way to disable the challenge stuff without loading the league first, I assume?
Old 08-18-2017, 06:12 PM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

No, we use the challenge.dat to store some other information which we use to ensure data consistency and to prevent tampering in challenge mode, so unfortunately without the original file, there is nothing we can do to restore the save game.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:23 PM   #12
Nutlaw
Hall Of Famer

Well, that's disappointing. Fun while it lasted, though.

Thanks.