Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 01-31-2016, 12:51 AM   #41
Clemente21PIT
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Ok, no problem, I'll figure something out...hoping one of these days Markuswill integrate some of these great utilities into the main framework of OOTP.
I'm not the best with computers, so just know I may be wrong. I use an older model Mac desktop with Mac OSX 10.6.something (I'm answering from my phone right now so I can't check exactly what model right now). Anyways, I use Google Chrome anonymously and typically only have that application open while working because the computer freaks out if too much is going on at once. I've fine tuned a system where I make any edits to logos on Pixlr Editor (free web version) and then I size them to what I will need and make sure the background is transparent. Why do I size things on Pixlr and not in the jersey creator or cap maker? Because I've found that enlarging or shrinking added images makes the images blurry and oftentimes breaks them up weirdly. I don't know why or how, it just does. I also don't really mess with arcing or wordmark direction too much because I'm not a big fan of that in my jerseys. Those can sometimes mess up my text on the jersey. Oftentimes I just create word marks in Pixlr, save them as images, and then add them to the jersey creator. That way I have a larger variety of fonts and options (I'm not saying that you shouldn't use the built in fonts and options, because those are great and I use them as well). Anyways, enough of my ramblings. A lot of my understanding of the jersey maker and cap maker has been through experimenting with them. I'm one of the few that's gotten the Chrome/Mac combo to work for these sites, so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing that others aren't. I hope my suggestions/tips may help and let me know if you need any more attempts at helping from me.
Clemente21PIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:36 PM   #42
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not sure just what's going on here:
Just a heads-up, I think I've gotten this issue fixed. The problem was the way the javascript library that handles the canvas elements dealt with high-DPI screens. Caps should export properly, although the tradeoff is that they may appear a bit blurry in the browser window.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #43
Tiesenberg
Major Leagues

I had not spent much time on the OOTP Mods section for the forums recently, but wow am I glad I stopped by to see this and the jersey creator. These are fantastic pieces of work, can't say thank you enough for sharing.

One question/suggestion, is it possible to get the manufacturer's mark option that is available on the jersey creator to also be an option with the hats?

Again, thanks for these tools, I look forward to being able to use them.
Tiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:06 PM   #44
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiesenberg View Post
One question/suggestion, is it possible to get the manufacturer's mark option that is available on the jersey creator to also be an option with the hats?
It only took a little bit, so I have added that into the CapMaker.

It's not quite as flexible as the JerseyMaker - all you can do is flip it from one side of the cap to the other and change the color. You can't select/move/scale/rotate it. But it's there. Anything beyond that, you can always just upload a manufacturer's mark as a logo image and tweak it to your liking.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:04 PM   #45
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I love this utility...if you don't mind a suggestion, you should also put together a web based logo maker with just a few templates such as a circle, home plate and such. Users could then upload images and simply re-size, and there you have it.
PSUColonel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:15 PM   #46
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Just the briefest of updates - I have added a "scrambled eggs" layer to the cap brim, so now you can make all of the Seattle Pilots caps you want!

Old 02-20-2017, 09:12 AM   #47
vulcan4
Major Leagues

Exclamation

Quote:
I love this utility...if you don't mind a suggestion, you should also put together a web based logo maker with just a few templates such as a circle, home plate and such. Users could then upload images and simply re-size, and there you have it.
I'd DEFINITELY use this tool/utility!!!
vulcan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #48
vulcan4
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
I've updated CapMaker with a pretty cool new feature: Imgur integration!

That means that in addition to saving your creations locally, you can also upload them directly to Imgur.com. Cap Maker will then provide you with the URL to your image, which you can then use to show off your stuff here in the forums, or anywhere else on the internet you want to post an image!

What is the importance of choosing the 'Start and End Era' in both the cap and jersey makers? Does it add a different type of texture? Thank you in advance!!
vulcan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:40 AM   #49
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcan4 View Post
What is the importance of choosing the 'Start and End Era' in both the cap and jersey makers? Does it add a different type of texture? Thank you in advance!!
Sorry I didn't notice this earlier - all the "start" and "end" fields do is add dates to the name of the file that gets generated, they don't do anything to the image itself.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:36 PM   #50
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Is there a way to auto size images for the jerseys the way you can with ball caps?
Old 10-04-2018, 02:39 AM   #51
drewandpedey
Minors (Double A)

I see you have the park, jersey, and cap maker. Excited to see what I can do with this in my new fictional league
drewandpedey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:42 AM   #52
drewandpedey
Minors (Double A)

the park creator comes up with some pretty, uh, interesting parks. I love it!
drewandpedey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #53
OriolePhan
Minors (Double A)

eriqjaffe: Do you think you can add a Trucker Hat Template?

It is located here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=273633
OriolePhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 06:33 PM   #54
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

does this utility still work? I am unable to upload logos for the ball cap.
Old 07-09-2021, 12:37 PM   #55
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
does this utility still work? I am unable to upload logos for the ball cap.
It works for me in Chrome & Firefox, although IIRC you have a Mac and I don't have one of those handy to test with.
Old 07-09-2021, 02:18 PM   #56
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I think it was my browser…I rebooted and now it seems fine
Old 11-19-2021, 02:12 PM   #57
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Big(ish) news - there is now a beta version of the CapMaker available for the desktop! That's right, no browser needed! Binaries are available for 64-bit Windows, Linux (I think only 64-bit) and macOS.

https://github.com/eriqjaffe/capmaker/

Note that most of the image processing tools require a working installation of ImageMagick. Installation instructions for ImageMagick vary depending on your operating system - they have documentation available on how to install it for your operating system. Fair warning, installing ImageMagick on macOS is a bit of a pain in the ass.

Feel free to take it for a spin. As mentioned above, this is a beta version so some things may not look quite right or may not function as you might expect. Let me know here and I may or may not try fixing it.
Old 11-19-2021, 06:06 PM   #58
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Cool, thanks! Can we add fonts on this version?
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 03:24 PM   #59
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
Cool, thanks! Can we add fonts on this version?
Not at this time, but it is something I'd like to figure out.
Old 12-21-2021, 09:23 PM   #60
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Oh, have I got some news!

I've been working on this for a while, and I've gotten int working. With a couple of caveats - you can upload your own fonts.

What are the caveats?
  1. The browser doesn't have direct access to your installed fonts, so it's a manual upload process. That's a basic security thing and I can't change that (and I wouldn't even if I could).
  2. The browser - at least in Windows - can't access your default Fonts folder (i.e. C:\Windows\fonts - see my security note above), so you'll have to copy whatever fonts you want to use somewhere else, like a temp folder on your Desktop or something.
  3. I've run into a few fonts that just don't work for reasons I can't identify. So this may always be a slightly hit-or-miss thing.
  4. Uploaded fonts will only be available during the current session - if you close or refresh the browser the fonts will disappear from the list.
  5. Uploaded fonts will only be available to you, so other people won't be able to access fonts you've uploaded.