Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-29-2012, 03:22 AM   #41
reddawg
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasideda View Post
Just bought the game a couple weeks ago. This was very valuable. Still learning the ins and outs of the game. Are you in the process of doing more??
If so, I would love a tutorial on topics related to more technical, out of game stuff like how to use third party apps, changing parks, uniforms, logos and the various options on setting up leauges.

One question on the pitching comment. If I decide to set my pitchers who are young to 90 pitches per game, the manager does auto. pull them no matter what, even if hes pitching a 1 hit or no hit shut out after 90 pitches???

Great Stuff. Thanks!
yea yea this !!

Thanks Cody for the time and effort you have put into this.
Theres no doubt in my mind if I would have seen videos like these about earlier versions I'm sure I would of bought 5 or 6 years instead of just a few weeks ago !!
Do hope you have time for more in the future.
Take care.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #42
Donevyn
Major Leagues

Thanks soooo much Cody. I needed something like this last year!!

Really appreciate your time, effort and great articulation of those things OOTP.
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:43 AM   #43
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Thanks guys for your nice comments. After taking a couple of weeks off, I plan on doing one or two more of these soon. Any specific areas you'd like to see covered, just let me know and I'll do my best.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #44
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
Thanks guys for your nice comments. After taking a couple of weeks off, I plan on doing one or two more of these soon. Any specific areas you'd like to see covered, just let me know and I'll do my best.
Have you covered Associations and/or Real Time simulations? Sorry, admittedly I have not watched all of them in entirety.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #45
Lou Gehrig
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
The videos are a great help. Greatly appreciate your time.
I would leave it up to your judgement what areas of the game a video would help. Thank you!
July 4, 1939

www.alsa.org
Lou Gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #46
Chomps
Major Leagues

I would like to see you revisit Finances and various issues that may crop up while managing a teams finances. I can't figure out why invariably, I end up with no money for free agents or extenstions even when my projected budget room and cash are all positive.

Thanks for all your help with the great videos!
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:39 AM   #47
reddawg
Minors (Single A)

Hi Cody, wow thanks for asking for opinions on what might come next.
Heres my thought and of course I'm still very new at ootp, so keeping that in mind how about a video on like tips,tricks and hints so to speak.
Maybe about other ways to navigate around all the different screens (short cuts) or maybe just showing all the many different info screens, maybe hints on setting up a league.
I guess just what it says, tips,tricks n hints.

thanks again Cody from us newbies
Old 05-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #48
Errol1967
Bat Boy

I'm new to this game and I must say it's verry complexed, but thanks to Cody, who makes an awsome video, I start to learn this game..I'm btw from Holland and love baseball.

Cheeersss
Errol1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:50 AM   #49
beatnik
Bat Boy

Having been away from OOTP since OOTP5 I have to say thank you for these videos.
beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #50
jhenry
Bat Boy

How do you get the real team logos and nicknames to be in effect?

I tried downloading add-on and installing but it did not seem to work.

What am I missing?
jhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:41 AM   #51
Irrelevant Dude
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Thanks a lot for these videos. One area I wouldn't mind seeing covered is the draft and draft budgets. I know you briefly mentioned the draft budget in the first video, but I would like to see a tutorial of how to handle the actual draft process itself. Thanks again!
Irrelevant Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #52
Highbury
Bat Boy

Brilliant! Thank you so much. This is very valuable considering the steep learning curve.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #53
gabeeg
Minors (Rookie Ball)

These videos definitely enhanced my initial enjoyment of the game. I hate online manuals (please, please release a PDF manual for 13 OOTP)...without these videos I am positive I would not be enjoying this game as quickly as I did...I still go back and rewatch them occasionally. Thank you, thank you! More please...

...I would even donate $ for additional video content.
gabeeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #54
sprague
All Star Starter

These were very good-
especially the info on team roster management- dealing with the 40 man roster, and ways of using the DL to work with that-
very helpful information
not rambling at all...
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:21 AM   #55
crewey
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
I would like to see you revisit Finances and various issues that may crop up while managing a teams finances. I can't figure out why invariably, I end up with no money for free agents or extenstions even when my projected budget room and cash are all positive.

Thanks for all your help with the great videos!
Great work Cody,these were very helpful.

I've also come across the same problem as chomps. During a contract negotiation my owner won't let me offer a particular contract as it affects a particular years budget . I can never work out what year that might be as in my eyes everything looks good.
crewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #56
Tut
Bat Boy

Thank you very much. Just a few minor things: Alberto Ca-ya-spo, Erick Ay-bar, Peter Bor-jas.
Tut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #57
AstaSyneri
Minors (Double A)

Great videos! They should actually be linked on the OOTP homepage and make the game much more accessible to more casual players like me (I like economic and sports sims, but I am not that much of a baseball fan, yeah shame on me, I know).

What I would like to see is a "Let's play" series, where an experienced player takes a team (maybe even minor or fantasy) and explains what he is doing:

What to look for in a (fantasy draft), how to build a good line-up that has a chance to perform well, etc.
AstaSyneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:07 AM   #58
clamel
All Star Starter

Thanks a lot. Great thing.

And yes you´re rambling, BUT baseball rules and stuff are a rambling thing IMHO.
No other sport has anything close to this. Coming from Europe, baseball is like a sport with rules concerning the management and roster "control" that is very complexed to say the least.

One learn something new with everything you read and hear.

So this has been uncovering some stuff.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #59
Remember1985
Bat Boy

Thanks Cody!

I discovered OOTP after reading the Deadspin article and probably would've quit in frustration if it wasn't for your videos. I hope you have time to make some more.
Remember1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #60
kapool
Bat Boy

Hi. I simmed for over 10 years on an old High Heat 2002 program, but when i got my new computer, I sadly found out my old friend HH2002 would not work on Windows 7.

So I researched around and just picked up OOTP 2013, and in the process came across your three videos. Thanks a lot for helping to bring me up to speed.

I have two questions:

1. Why does your program think Kole Calhoun is a quality 4 star up and coming player while mine says he is merely a one star (21-24) type of guy?

2. No matter what skin I use or what I do to the video numbers, I can not get 6 panels instead of 4 on the transaction page. I am using a 17 inch laptop. Any ideas how I can get your results?

Thanks again. God bless.

Kent
kapool is offline   Reply With Quote