Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-11-2019, 10:58 AM   #21
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Need to avoid those then til I can set up everything. I play on my phone using a remote connection, dragging all those players into a depth chart with my finger is tricky work lol
Importing your roster will help a lot with this. it should at least give you a good base to work with.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:59 AM   #22
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Lukas beat me, so I don't get anything for jumping the starting gun.
If we're being honest I'd beat you in like 1 of every 10 games. I just got super lucky

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 11-11-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:01 AM   #23
dancariaz
Minors (Triple A)

My team colors in regular PT were reset but aside of that everything seems to be working fine

F2P Team
dancariaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:01 AM   #24
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Importing your roster will help a lot with this. it should at least give you a good base to work with.
Yeah. Unfortunately my current roster is set for training my silver guys, not quite competitive for the open tournaments. But it did help for the 16 man silver open I joined, just going to focus on those until I get home.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:04 AM   #25
JustBlazin
Minors (Single A)

when I downloaded the patch I had to put in my serial # again(which the serial was already there when I clicked on it) it says my serial # was not found on the server.

anyone else have this happen to them?

JustBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:04 AM   #26
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlazin View Post
when I downloaded the patch I had to put in my serial # again(which the serial was already there when I clicked on it) it says my serial # was not found on the server.

Then you probably downloaded the wrong installer. Please read the post carefully: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=308187
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:05 AM   #27
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlazin View Post

In this case, you likely downloaded the wrong version of the patch. Either the FastSpring version if you originally bought on eSellerate, or vice-versa.

The solution is to download and reinstall the other version of the patch and you'll be good.

If you still don't know what to download, if your serial starts with OOTP20 it's eSellerate, with AM or something other than OOTP20, it's FastSpring.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 11-11-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:31 AM   #28
JustBlazin
Minors (Single A)

thanks for the quick response
yep your bang on....I got a little to excited and downloaded the wrong version

JustBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:34 AM   #29
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

My first thought is that there might be a few too many tournaments? It's a bit overwhelming! If there were fewer to chose from and they rotated around each week it might be a bit easier to decide what you want to do?

I'm sure I'll get the hang of it before long, but I am enjoying how it worked so far. Set a team for a bronze tournament, selected a different bronze tournament and it automatically brought my previous team over, which was very nice
emilempenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:39 AM   #30
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilempenza View Post
My first thought is that there might be a few too many tournaments? It's a bit overwhelming! If there were fewer to chose from and they rotated around each week it might be a bit easier to decide what you want to do?

I'm sure I'll get the hang of it before long, but I am enjoying how it worked so far. Set a team for a bronze tournament, selected a different bronze tournament and it automatically brought my previous team over, which was very nice
I am sure we'll adjust things as we gather more experience of what people actually want.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:46 AM   #31
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Minor suggestion: sort by reward?

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:46 AM   #32
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

Everything looks and works great, and it seems like rewards are live! I'm excited to see what happens-- I have a good feeling about the bronze only roster I put together.

For now, two QOL things I would like to see improved:

-I don't want to see the sanity check error every time I open or close an unfinished roster when I enter/exit the roster interface for a tournament I entered. Once is enough, and I imagine users will get the same error if they try to submit an unfinished team.

-Right now we have to go back to the start screen before returning to the tournaments interface. It would save us clicks if there were a button to return to the tournaments start screen as opposed to the OOTP start screen.

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #33
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Pretty intuitive after tinkering around. Figured out how to import the PT roster, how to exclude players that don't fit in with the tournie theme, how to check back to make sure regular game rosters weren't affected, etc. See how it plays out after they get rolling here shortly...
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:53 AM   #34
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah it's been smooth so far.

Is there a lag to recognizing player training? I am using some players at a new position in the regular league and also in tournaments, after the first league sim they gained a few points but when joining a new tournament it still shows no experience at that position.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #35
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Yeah it's been smooth so far.

Is there a lag to recognizing player training? I am using some players at a new position in the regular league and also in tournaments, after the first league sim they gained a few points but when joining a new tournament it still shows no experience at that position.
As explained in the opening post, fielding experience does not carry over currently. And experience accumulated in tournaments will be reset in any event, even after the beta.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:01 PM   #36
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Ah OK. Teams will have fun against my lead gloves in the corner outfield this week.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:26 PM   #37
camonroe
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
As explained in the opening post, fielding experience does not carry over currently. And experience accumulated in tournaments will be reset in any event, even after the beta.

I'm seeing fielding experience on my players. Am I missing something?
Old 11-11-2019, 12:31 PM   #38
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

That's what confused me too. My longtime players that I used in the open tournament showed position training, but the new players that I am currently training (in the regular league) are not showing those improvements when I enter new tournaments.

Last edited by dkgo; 11-11-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #39
sharknut
All Star Reserve

If you enter a tournament in error and don't have the players necessary, how do you opt out?

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 12:38 PM   #40
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
If you enter a tournament in error and don't have the players necessary, how do you opt out?
Go back to the tournaments screen, expand the tournament details for the one you entered, and hit the 'withdraw' button in the lower left hand corner.

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote