Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-11-2019, 09:43 PM   #5701
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
This was the first week I paid any attention to the Warriors in quite some time. It is usually setup Monday, check Sunday.I have been letting them ride I am waiting to get 250K points to make some moves-need about 20K more.
Quite a battle with Silver Lake and I'm surprised I beat Wild Bunch in the WC game. My seasons usually go, play .600+ ball but finish second, lose WC game. Hope to see you soon for a rematch.
Looks like you get your rematch quicker than expected.
Your Warriors team is back in the Wild West.

Good luck against our teams.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:51 AM   #5702
Elligator
Minors (Single A)

Are y’all still taking new friends? I’ve been playing a little over a month and have got three teams, at least two would be good for this format, and I’d love to find people To compete with. I’m definitely FTP. I’ve bought nearly every incarnation of OOTP Over the series’ entire history and I feel they’ve had a hell of investment from me, so I’m not planning on ever spending moolah on PT, no matter how much I like it.

F2P Power Hitting

F2P Astros Only
Elligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:18 AM   #5703
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elligator View Post
Are y’all still taking new friends? I’ve been playing a little over a month and have got three teams, at least two would be good for this format, and I’d love to find people To compete with. I’m definitely FTP. I’ve bought nearly every incarnation of OOTP Over the series’ entire history and I feel they’ve had a hell of investment from me, so I’m not planning on ever spending moolah on PT, no matter how much I like it.
I think OL is basically inactive at this point. You might have more success finding active players if you joined the BFF league. There's a thread not too long ago discussing it somewhere a little bit down the forum thread list.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:04 AM   #5704
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elligator View Post

The Golden Days of "Our League" are gone however, there are still some off us still trying to compete.

I can't guarantee how well it will work however, if you have any teams that you wish to play that meet all of the requirements in the first post of this thread, feel free to list out your team(s) name and the user name(s) and hopefully some of the remaining guys can befriend you, and you them. This way you can still get some benefit of hopefully being in the same league as other OL guys who still like to play "Our Way".

After two seasons of making it to the diamond level, my Muffins are living up to their name and are down in the cellar at the Gold Level. If things don't improve, there is a good chance that I may get regulated back down to Silver!
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:59 AM   #5705
Edster007
All Star Starter

I am going to call it an OL career for this season. Thanks to all it has been a pleasure. PT has just run out of steam for me and for the last month I haven't really been active. I thought going down to one team would get me going but it hasn't. I've since started a random debut league both on OOTP 20 and FHM6 and enjoying it.

Thanks again I look forward to competing with all of you in OOTP 21 PT

Cheers,
Ed
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:47 PM   #5706
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Aloha Edster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I am going to call it an OL career for this season. Thanks to all it has been a pleasure. PT has just run out of steam for me and for the last month I haven't really been active. I thought going down to one team would get me going but it hasn't. I've since started a random debut league both on OOTP 20 and FHM6 and enjoying it.

Thanks again I look forward to competing with all of you in OOTP 21 PT

Cheers,
Ed

What gaming I have been doing is also with FHM6, although I do intend to rip packs on Sunday morning with any points I accumulate, and then set up my teams and let them cruise through the week.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:53 PM   #5707
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Still carrying on in OL, though not interacting much. More attention has been given to tournaments. Entered Harlem in Big Cap 1625, hoping to get 2nd or 3rd place for some packs. Accidentally won.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:15 PM   #5708
Magus978
All Star Starter

I don't know if anyone keeps up with the NFTP thread in here anymore, but I have been given permission to get the band back together. As such, I am now running the show for the NFTP perfect league.

If any surviving OL'ers are in perfect (or have a chance to be in perfect on Sunday) want in, check it out. If I can't get it together for next week, I'm aiming for the week after.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:15 AM   #5709
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
I don't know if anyone keeps up with the NFTP thread in here anymore, but I have been given permission to get the band back together. As such, I am now running the show for the NFTP perfect league.

If any surviving OL'ers are in perfect (or have a chance to be in perfect on Sunday) want in, check it out. If I can't get it together for next week, I'm aiming for the week after.

good luck in the post season if anyone is there....

Syrups finished up their best regular season yet at the Perfect tier (94-68) and are heading to the post season.... we're probably going to get stomped quickly, as the other 5 division winners were 100+ victory clubs (with the top at 139) so might be a quick 3-and-done in the LDS
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:14 AM   #5710
trevwilson
Minors (Single A)

Wish me luck! For the second week in a row, I am in Game Seven of a Perfect World Series. I have yet to ever win the grand title.

trevwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:25 AM   #5711
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

news from the wild:

the O'Fallon Owls are Gold league champs! On to Diamond level
Attached Images
Old 11-18-2019, 09:36 AM   #5712
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Looks like you get your rematch quicker than expected.
Your Warriors team is back in the Wild West.

Good luck against our teams.
Looks like this week 3 of my former OL teams are facing you in Diamond.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:23 AM   #5713
Edster007
All Star Starter

After taking a break from my OL teams for a few weeks outside of setting the pitching staffs on Monday I got the itch to do something with them. I have rebranded all the teams since I left them with unused points. I am using the points to reshape the rosters and see where it takes me.

Up first,San Pedro is now the Wildwood Wave. I have turned over almost half the roster towards the end of last week and they now currently sit in diamond with a 40-14 record. This was my first OL team and I left them behind once I added teams that needed attention.

I am about to start the house cleaning on the Boogie Knights. They are now the Mt. Vernon Knights. I am going to open up to make it team based on the 60's through the 80's. In the beginning I liked the 70's theme because it added a degree of difficulty but the team will just bounce between Perfect and Diamond. The Knights are currently playing .500 ball in Perfect thanks to a hot start Monday but came back to earth yesterday.

Finally the Everett Silvertips have left the Pacific Northwest and are now the Manhattan Valiants. They are off to their worst start in franchise history. They have been hanging tough in Perfect until this week and if they dont turn it around will be moving down to diamond next week. I think this was the most balanced I had in OL I don't think its going to take much more than some tweaks.

I just wanted to drop by the old thread with an update and to wish you all a Happy Holiday season and all the best for the new year. Hopefully I will bump into some old friends in a league in the near future.

Cheers,
Ed
Old 12-04-2019, 12:14 PM   #5714
Magus978
All Star Starter

Gonna follow in Edster's footsteps and post a sort of "Where are they now?" thing on the teams of mine that were part of OL.

New York Patriots - After a few seasons in diamond, they were relegated back to gold and have become chronic chokers, throwing away division titles in the past few weeks and then going quietly in the wildcard game. They are destined to be a gold level team for the rest of PT20, as I only login to open a pack every so often.

Blitzkrieg Boppers - The Boppers have won two diamond titles and are a fringe contender in perfect. They were a wildcard team with 100+ wins last week, and went down quietly in 4 games in the divisional round, once again succeeding at wasting everyone's time.

New York Mets/Northeast Corridor Capitals - They have been rebranded as the Galaxy Aces, and after selling Hughie Jennings, they've put together a lower mid-pack perfect level team. Since the rebranding, they grabbed a gold and diamond championship.

Nico-Nico Kneecappers - The team named after #1 SuperIdol Nico Yazawa are toiling in perfect after an unexpected promotion. They somehow made a great escape last week after being in the bottom four the entire time. Their prospects are not much better this week, or going forward.

Steelport Saints - The crown jewel of my former OL teams, the Saints have become the most powerful team in the Magus family of teams. They have become a viable contender for a championship in most perfect leagues.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:42 PM   #5715
allenciox
All Star Reserve

My teams and results

So, of my three teams, the Southpaws have been staying in the Perfect OL league along with many other OL teams. That league, though, continues to get tougher and tougher. The Southpaws have strengthened noticeably, specifically adding, since last season, perfect Ozzie (completed St. Louis missions, yey!), Ishiro Suzuki (90), and stopper Hrabosky, and Brecheen as a new SP (replacing perfect peak Randy Johnson --- ok, that is a slight downgrade, but i need to finance these missions somehow...). The Southpaws finally got their second perfect league championship last season! This season, though, I don't know.... not a good start somehow, though they "should" be significantly better than last year's 116-win season.

Both the Energizer Bunnies and the Caspers are now in "random" perfect leagues, and each have made the playoffs every year since they left the OL perfect league and went to random placement. The Caspers recently found 99 Appling on the AH for 59k so that has become their new 2B.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:55 PM   #5716
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

I think Waffletown's time in the wild serves as a testament to the top notch quality of OL compeition....

in 10 seasons in OL at the Perfect tier, they had an overall record of 695-686 (.504 pct), with one post season appearance.

in 4+ seasons on random setting at the Perfect tier, they have an overall record of 391-323 (.548 pct) with three post season appearances (still looking for that PL championship).... this season Waffletown currently sits atop their division with the second best record in the league...

edit: Waffletown has also been fairly successful in the tournament field (mostly Gold level) with 34 tourneys won to date

Last edited by stl jason; 12-04-2019 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:09 PM   #5717
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

My OL teams have stayed together as a part of that floating core. Nothing really substantial to report on their end, but I have been able to release all my attention from my previous teams to focus on the new BFF league team I've been working on (FTP league with lots of whales and a developer, can't sell any packed gold+ players or use packed gold+ players in collections). The experience working with OL has been really valuable, and I was able to develop a team that, in a little over 7 weeks, probably is better than any of my OL teams ever were. The SB Golden Gophers -BFF, if you see them in tourneys. Currently in their first season in Perfect, look out for them and maybe I'll see one of you in the wild.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:10 PM   #5718
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
I think Waffletown's time in the wild serves as a testament to the top notch quality of OL compeition....

in 10 seasons in OL at the Perfect tier, they had an overall record of 695-686 (.504 pct), with one post season appearance.

in 4+ seasons on random setting at the Perfect tier, they have an overall record of 391-323 (.548 pct) with three post season appearances (still looking for that PL championship).... this season Waffletown currently sits atop their division with the second best record in the league...

edit: Waffletown has also been fairly successful in the tournament field (mostly Gold level) with 34 tourneys won to date
Yeah, my Energizer Bunnies face them all the time (the Bunnies specialize in gold tournies). The Southpaws play the cap tournies+silver, and the Caspers play LIVE and also Bronze when there aren't any likely LIVE tournies around. For the first time in a long time, the daily LIVE tourney actually filled today. Yaaaay! Unfortunately, the Caspers were ejected in the second round, oh, well.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:12 AM   #5719
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Thirty Years of Cy Young

With the release of FHM 6, I've only been spending about an hour each Sunday morning re-setting the pitching rotation for my three OL teams, and ripping packs with the accumulated points. I noticed that my 100 Cy Young had just completed his 30th season ( 2032-2061) with the Port Ruppert Mundys, the only team to play in every OL season.

Interesting facts I've gleaned:

in PL - 7 seasons: 97-70-2.98, 7ShO, 12.6% CG, 58.4 WAR

in DL - 15 seasons - 275-93-2.32, 44 ShO, 17.2% CG, 147 WAR

in GL - 1 season - 21-7-1.82, 6 ShO, 27.3% CG, 12.6 WAR

in SL - 7 seasons - 129-53-2.17, 25 ShO, 22.2% CG, 75 WAR

Total - 30 seasons - 522-223, 2.42, 82 ShO, 17.6% CG, 293 WAR

He's had 11 one-hitters, 4 no-hitters (including one perfect game).

He's won three pitching triple crowns, 21 Pitcher of the Year awards, 6 MVPs, been Pitcher of the Month 28 times, Player of the Week 3 times, and a 28-time All Star. He's earned 109,370 PP.

I never did figure out how to keep the AI from pulling him late in games, so his CG% and ShO totals are probably way lower than they would be with competent management. He's also never been on a title-winning team.

I've posted this on the OL thread as a shout out to my OL friends. Hope you all are well.

By the way, if you like hockey in the least, you should definitely try FHM 6. I'm having a great time with it.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:13 PM   #5720
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
With the release of FHM 6, I've only been spending about an hour each Sunday morning re-setting the pitching rotation for my three OL teams, and ripping packs with the accumulated points. I noticed that my 100 Cy Young had just completed his 30th season ( 2032-2061) with the Port Ruppert Mundys, the only team to play in every OL season.

Interesting facts I've gleaned:

in PL - 7 seasons: 97-70-2.98, 7ShO, 12.6% CG, 58.4 WAR

in DL - 15 seasons - 275-93-2.32, 44 ShO, 17.2% CG, 147 WAR

in GL - 1 season - 21-7-1.82, 6 ShO, 27.3% CG, 12.6 WAR

in SL - 7 seasons - 129-53-2.17, 25 ShO, 22.2% CG, 75 WAR

Total - 30 seasons - 522-223, 2.42, 82 ShO, 17.6% CG, 293 WAR

He's had 11 one-hitters, 4 no-hitters (including one perfect game).

He's won three pitching triple crowns, 21 Pitcher of the Year awards, 6 MVPs, been Pitcher of the Month 28 times, Player of the Week 3 times, and a 28-time All Star. He's earned 109,370 PP.

I never did figure out how to keep the AI from pulling him late in games, so his CG% and ShO totals are probably way lower than they would be with competent management. He's also never been on a title-winning team.

I've posted this on the OL thread as a shout out to my OL friends. Hope you all are well.

By the way, if you like hockey in the least, you should definitely try FHM 6. I'm having a great time with it.

Hey Stan, thanks for stopping by and checking in.

Can I borrow Cy from you?

My Muffins finally made it to the Big Leagues starting with the 2059 season, however got regulated back to Diamond in 2061 and we are back in the Big leagues this season.

Looks like I'll be getting bounced around like a yo-yo for a while.

I sent you a email and a PM a few months ago however, got no reply.

Hope all is well.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote