Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:04 PM   #1
whifflebird
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Why does a pitcher show up in my lineup?

I was looking at my lineup tab and noticed a relief pitcher listed there. He has not had any at bats, but still shows up. I assumed maybe the card was previously assigned to a different position so I went in and set his position to "relief pitcher", which is his position, but he still shows up in the lineup tab.

Also, I noticed there is a "Set to 1B" button in the upper right which I have only noticed for him (I have probably missed it on others but just spot checked a few and didn't see something similar). I also looked at his ratings, and he only shows pitcher ratings, so how did the game get the idea this guy is anything other than a pitcher?

screenshot attached...
Attached Images
whifflebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #2
CBeisbol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whifflebird View Post
I was looking at my lineup tab and noticed a relief pitcher listed there. He has not had any at bats, but still shows up. I assumed maybe the card was previously assigned to a different position so I went in and set his position to "relief pitcher", which is his position, but he still shows up in the lineup tab.

Also, I noticed there is a "Set to 1B" button in the upper right which I have only noticed for him (I have probably missed it on others but just spot checked a few and didn't see something similar). I also looked at his ratings, and he only shows pitcher ratings, so how did the game get the idea this guy is anything other than a pitcher?

screenshot attached...
Find the button for "Two-way player".
Uncheck it
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:42 PM   #3
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

I have Brandon McKay showing up as a DH on my team

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 06:00 PM   #4
whifflebird
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Find the button for "Two-way player".
Uncheck it
That was it, thanks. Now if I can only figure out how a fresh from the pack bottom-rung relief pitcher would have that box checked...
whifflebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 06:30 PM   #5
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whifflebird View Post
That was it, thanks. Now if I can only figure out how a fresh from the pack bottom-rung relief pitcher would have that box checked...
I purposely make guys like that, who have better hitting ratings than the typical pitcher, "two-way players" so that the AI will consider them as a pinch hitter for another pitcher when all other options have been exhausted. It is kind of like designating Madison Bumgarner as a "2-way" player so the AI will use him as a pinch hitter just like he was used in real life. If you don't designate them as such, then the AI will never look to them as a possible pinch hitter, even in an 18 inning game that depletes your entire bench.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote