Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:05 PM   #1
Adbzapp360
Bat Boy

Would this pc work for OOTP ?

I want to play OOTP 20 but my old pc won’t let me play in 3D and won’t enable facegens. I’m looking to change that..

I came across a pc that I wondered if it is well suited for the game.. I don’t know anything about computers lol.

It’s a gaming pc hp desktop intel core i7 8 GB ram. Nvidia gtx 1050 ti 4 GB. Windows 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Adbzapp360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:19 PM   #2
pgjocki
All Star Starter

That will work just fine and probably last until OOTP24

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2019, 11:35 AM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

that will be a strong pc for ootp. i bet it lasts longer than 24 too, lol. i have a pc from 4Q 2010 that doesn't struggle one bit with ootp20 and don't expect it to anytime soon.

i bet that pc can handle ootp in 4k too, but not neccessarily the high-end graphics games. i am guessing that is irrelevant to your situation. if you don't liek small text, it won't even matter for ootp either on 1080 vs 4k. unless you sit too close, likely cannot see the difference with ootp.

1050ti can struggle with 4k on advanced stuff, but isn't quite 4k able. It will have no problems playing 4k movies and such -- just in case that is confusing... movies/tv are much easier to render than 3d graphics. so, you can use this PC as a 4k media player if you do not have one, yet.

you're going to like what an i7 can do for sim times, i guarantee. Try to make sure it has an SSD, but if it's just an HDD that shouldn't be a deal-breaker. can always add an SSD for $50-100 at any time. pc wil lturn on in ~10s or less, if setup right.

if there's an option to get the 6gb 1050ti GPU for minimal extra (10-20 extra? sure... ~50 extra, not so much worth it), do it. same with the ssd, unless greater than cost of throwing one in yourself, you should pay the extra couple bucks for the ssd.

hdd size isn't worth paying for unless you keep a ton of stuff. most people have a 1TB+ drive and 90% unused for a decade.

guidelines in future --

decent cpu -- doesn't have to be latest and greatest. yearly/quarterly incremental improvements are small and mostly an "e-peen" with no substantive improvement. google the cpu, if it's within ~2 years old, it's probably rock solid for ~10 years to come if it's an i7.

decent gpu -- google it and you want a $100-$200 range, if you play 3d games. ootp does not require this much. however, it still adds to your experience -- web sites will load faster, anything with graphics will look more detailed in games.. etc etc. you'll be able to stream 4k movies no problem with a 1050ti. They are awesome low-electricity cards. i don't even think it has a separate power connection, which is insane for a 3d gpu. Mine has 2 6-or-4-pin connections for power, lol. yours just slots in and is good to go. without any 4k movies or games, you can just get an 'integrated' intel gpu.

RAM -- more is useless. it does nothing to have more than what is needed. however, future concerns are the worry here. 8gb should be enough for the foreseeable future, if you don't do a ton on your computer. this is easily upgradeable at a later time. 8gb is fine. dont' go lower than 8gb.

you can alwasys ctrl-alt-del and open up the task manager when you have your typical programs open and running. check "Details" tab or resources? to see how much ram you are using. unless you are pushing 7-8gb, you don't need more than 8. 100% utilization is a bad thing. you want 50-75% utilization at peek. some room is neccessary for optimum use. i try not to go over 7gb used out of 8gb. heat will be an issue for cheap ram, if used like that for hours.

Storage -- based on need. you keep a lot of home movies or something, you need multi-terabyte hdd for storage. otherwise, if you always have 90% of hdd unused, get an SSD. quality matters, but even the cheapest SSD blows an HDD's performance out of the water. pc startup time reduced. application start up times reduced. install things 2x as fast or faster etc etc.

really not much else to worry about when buying a pc in a box. you're inevitably going to get some cheap parts this route. you'll probably want to reformat right out of the box and avoid installing all the bloatware HP will try to push on you. start fresh with only windows and not all the extra HP trash. (or, gateway trash software, or dell trash, or acer trash etc etc)

remove mcafee or norton -- both are utter trash. get somethign free with less nagware attributes.

Last edited by NoOne; 08-19-2019 at 11:59 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 11:50 PM   #4
Adbzapp360
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgjocki View Post
That will work just fine and probably last until OOTP24

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thank you!!
Old 08-19-2019, 11:51 PM   #5
Adbzapp360
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
that will be a strong pc for ootp. i bet it lasts longer than 24 too, lol. i have a pc from 4Q 2010 that doesn't struggle one bit with ootp20 and don't expect it to anytime soon.

i bet that pc can handle ootp in 4k too, but not neccessarily the high-end graphics games. i am guessing that is irrelevant to your situation. if you don't liek small text, it won't even matter for ootp either on 1080 vs 4k. unless you sit too close, likely cannot see the difference with ootp.

1050ti can struggle with 4k on advanced stuff, but isn't quite 4k able. It will have no problems playing 4k movies and such -- just in case that is confusing... movies/tv are much easier to render than 3d graphics. so, you can use this PC as a 4k media player if you do not have one, yet.

you're going to like what an i7 can do for sim times, i guarantee. Try to make sure it has an SSD, but if it's just an HDD that shouldn't be a deal-breaker. can always add an SSD for $50-100 at any time. pc wil lturn on in ~10s or less, if setup right.

if there's an option to get the 6gb 1050ti GPU for minimal extra (10-20 extra? sure... ~50 extra, not so much worth it), do it. same with the ssd, unless greater than cost of throwing one in yourself, you should pay the extra couple bucks for the ssd.

hdd size isn't worth paying for unless you keep a ton of stuff. most people have a 1TB+ drive and 90% unused for a decade.

guidelines in future --

decent cpu -- doesn't have to be latest and greatest. yearly/quarterly incremental improvements are small and mostly an "e-peen" with no substantive improvement. google the cpu, if it's within ~2 years old, it's probably rock solid for ~10 years to come if it's an i7.

decent gpu -- google it and you want a $100-$200 range, if you play 3d games. ootp does not require this much. however, it still adds to your experience -- web sites will load faster, anything with graphics will look more detailed in games.. etc etc. you'll be able to stream 4k movies no problem with a 1050ti. They are awesome low-electricity cards. i don't even think it has a separate power connection, which is insane for a 3d gpu. Mine has 2 6-or-4-pin connections for power, lol. yours just slots in and is good to go. without any 4k movies or games, you can just get an 'integrated' intel gpu.

RAM -- more is useless. it does nothing to have more than what is needed. however, future concerns are the worry here. 8gb should be enough for the foreseeable future, if you don't do a ton on your computer. this is easily upgradeable at a later time. 8gb is fine. dont' go lower than 8gb.

you can alwasys ctrl-alt-del and open up the task manager when you have your typical programs open and running. check "Details" tab or resources? to see how much ram you are using. unless you are pushing 7-8gb, you don't need more than 8. 100% utilization is a bad thing. you want 50-75% utilization at peek. some room is neccessary for optimum use. i try not to go over 7gb used out of 8gb. heat will be an issue for cheap ram, if used like that for hours.

Storage -- based on need. you keep a lot of home movies or something, you need multi-terabyte hdd for storage. otherwise, if you always have 90% of hdd unused, get an SSD. quality matters, but even the cheapest SSD blows an HDD's performance out of the water. pc startup time reduced. application start up times reduced. install things 2x as fast or faster etc etc.

really not much else to worry about when buying a pc in a box. you're inevitably going to get some cheap parts this route. you'll probably want to reformat right out of the box and avoid installing all the bloatware HP will try to push on you. start fresh with only windows and not all the extra HP trash. (or, gateway trash software, or dell trash, or acer trash etc etc)

remove mcafee or norton -- both are utter trash. get somethign free with less nagware attributes.
Awesome good stuff tysm!!