Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 09:25 AM   #41
UnkleBuc
Bat Boy

Thanks for the vote of confidence Craig. Not sure how possible that is or how it would work. Being relatively new to online leagues I'd have a to take a crash course on running a league. I've met several very helpful individuals in my short time and wouldn't rule out the possibility. It's a great group of GM's and I'm still hoping there's an explanation which will get things back on track. Although it's increasinly looking less likely.

As far as all the problems Craig listed, I being a rookie, chalked them up to it being a new league. All the other leagues I've joined were atleast a season in. I figured they had all the wrinkles ironed out or have very experienced commissioners.

I still can't understand why all the time and effort if it wasn't going to be legit. So far there's been an explanation for everything else that's gone wrong in the league, I'm still waiting around for this one.
NOBSL: Pirates
Old 03-27-2004, 09:43 AM   #42
Rockpile
All Star Reserve

The real question is...can the guy spell? You can take the typos out of Real Beisbol...

but no one else can take the Braves.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:33 AM   #43
jpenn44
Minors (Single A)

RE: Things Come Full Circle???

Have things come completely full circle?

The name "Pat Casey" is what was used by the infamouse "Jblaze", "Bballer".....

Could the "Fit Dog" be the one and the same?
Old 03-27-2004, 10:40 AM   #44
truthserum
All Star Starter

Re: RE: Things Come Full Circle???

Quote:
Originally posted by jpenn44
Have things come completely full circle?

The name "Pat Casey" is what was used by the infamouse "Jblaze", "Bballer".....

Could the "Fit Dog" be the one and the same?
Hey Pat... :wave:

Why is it that you only reply to jblaze or fit dog threads jpenn44??posts by jpenn44
Old 03-27-2004, 10:43 AM   #45
treedom
Hall Of Famer

man...this is getting better and better....
Old 03-27-2004, 10:45 AM   #46
Big Steve
Minors (Double A)

Who's this Fit dog? What did he do for his bad reputation? Just wondering, this is becoming very entertaining
Old 03-27-2004, 10:48 AM   #47
treedom
Hall Of Famer

he's a very prolific cheater and was also caught asking people for their OOTP IDs on AIM
Old 03-27-2004, 10:58 AM   #48
jpenn44
Minors (Single A)

Nice try truthserum, but I don't think so. I just like perusing most of the time.

It's somewhat personal between me and Pat, considering I was a commish of a league, and I was foolish enough to let him con me.

Beside the fact I can put a coherent sentence together, and can communicate above a 3rd grade level.

If you still need validation of my identity..talk to anyone that has been in http://www.sportplanet.com/sbb/mlb/ for any time.

Funny accusation though looking at your previous 8 posts though.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:07 AM   #49
Modern Relic
All Star Starter

Never a dull moment...

American Folklore Baseball League (closed): Commissioner/GM - Mudville Nine (ruled!)
Former member of Boys of Summer: GM - St. Louis Browns (doormats!)
Former member of the OTBL: GM - Gashouse Gorillas (also ruled!)

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." Rogers Hornsby
Old 03-27-2004, 11:08 AM   #50
Mr.Opinion
All Star Reserve

That's okay. It's a nice change of pace from the whining of "WHERE"S MY OOTP6? boohoo"
Old 03-27-2004, 11:09 AM   #51
Big Steve
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Opinion
That's okay. It's a nice change of pace from the whining of "WHERE"S MY OOTP6? boohoo"
Give it 15 more minutes, i'm sure you will find another poster saying somthing alon those lines
Old 03-27-2004, 11:25 AM   #52
Mr.Opinion
All Star Reserve

I dunno. UDFlyer seemed pretty decent. A little while back I was attempting to help him with CatoBase, so at least he was good at making the impression that he cared to keep the league rolling for so long
Old 03-27-2004, 11:25 AM   #53
truthserum
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Modern Relic
Never a dull moment...

Just doing my part.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:38 AM   #54
rem
Hall Of Famer

I'm not inclined to think he is a cheater, although the name thing is worrisome. To me it looks like there were some hitches with Free Agency (i've found that to be the most stressful time for me as commish) and he just bailed. Earlier on, he stole Fit Dogs website.

2005 Winner of LL's Pick the Loser Contest! - 15-0
Old 03-27-2004, 11:42 AM   #55
Big Steve
Minors (Double A)

How does someone steal a website? Isn't that punishable with Jail Time or a fine? I mean if someone Buys a Website, and then someone elses steals it, shouldn't the Police be notified?
Old 03-27-2004, 11:48 AM   #56
Mr.Opinion
All Star Reserve

Well, technically, he stole the coding for the website and modified it to fit his own needs. I know as a webdesigner, not only would that piss me the hell off, but I'd also be letting the authorities know, as it is infringement of copyright laws.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:51 AM   #57
rem
Hall Of Famer

He took the code and made some changes but left evidence of that the code was stolen.

2005 Winner of LL's Pick the Loser Contest! - 15-0
Old 03-27-2004, 11:55 AM   #58
jblaze03fuel
All Star Reserve

This is UD, an yes JBlaze is my previous alias. I had been away for a couple years in OOTP as it just got to serious and it wasn't fun. I came back, and I knew I'd need a knew alias. I wanted to start clean and just didn't want anything bothering me or holding a league back. Everyone in this league knows how much time I put into the league and how well I run it.

I'm a baseball fan, and I enjoyed OOTP. I just wanted to run a league and make it fun for others, in which it was. Sounds strange to say it but yeah I was a lil on the immature side back in the day, but alot of the young newbies are. I've grown up and understand what it takes.

I was out of town for work for 3 days. My personal life has just taken over. When you work a job that sometimes requires going out of town without ahead of time notice, it's not easy to balance time.

About the site....when I first met fit dog he was okay, and I never knew anything about him. He allowed me to use the layout, everything else I setup by myself. Using the layout would in turn reason with his name/coding title there. I just never really noticed it was there and didn't change it.

Lastly, I wanted to clear up....I'm not Tusso....all I know about him is his name is Mike and he lives in the NY area.

I'm not asking for sympathy, I'm just asking for understandment.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:59 AM   #59
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by jblaze03fuel
I was out of town for work for 3 days. My personal life has just taken over. When you work a job that sometimes requires going out of town without ahead of time notice, it's not easy to balance time.
This is the type of thing that might make one question whether they should really take on the responsibility of being a commissioner.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:00 PM   #60
Big Steve
Minors (Double A)

oh boy...Time to pop me a Huge Bowl of Popcorn
Closed Thread