Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-15-2019, 05:20 PM   #2461
Magus978
All Star Starter

Late afternoon S272 playoff picture update...

Harlem lead the AC East by 3.5 over a non-OL team
Salem have lost 8 in a row and at 70-76, look dead in the water

Asylum Keepers are 75-72 and are well and truly in the mix for a wildcard place, just .5 behind both wildcard teams

Janesville Onyx are 76-71 and .5 ahead of non-OL opposition.
Don't count out the Bluffton Boomerangs, who despite being 70-76, are just 5.5 out with 16 to play and can make a run

Bluffton and Salem are both 5 out in the wildcard, but again Salem look done, and Bluffton may have bigger ideas
Port Ruppert are 8 back and are looking like they've run out of gas

Over in the NC...

Palolo hold a 10.5 lead in the NC East, however...they just lost 3 out of 4 to...
The New York Patriots, who are making another September run against their owner's best judgement.
Sanguine at 75-71 are still alive for a wildcard, see below.
Whetland at 58-87 are desperately fighting to save themselves from relegation, and have a key 3 game set at home vs New York in a bid to play spoiler.

Asheboro are out of the relegation places, but are on a 3 game losing streak and must be careful not to sink any further.

Seattle Endless Summer are 5.5 ahead of non-OL opposition, and are probably in the same spot as Palolo, as in not having to worry about the playoff race because they're probably getting in.

New York lead a non-OL team by .5 game in the race for the 2nd wildcard
Sanguine are 2.5 out

Gonna run back out soon so no screenshot, but there's still a lot of action to go and anything can happen both at the top and at the bottom.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 06-15-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 05:23 PM   #2462
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Omg no. Palolo! Headed for another first round playoff exit. We shall see.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 05:30 PM   #2463
Edster007
All Star Starter

I234 update. Tacoma is 6-1 today and has jumped into first place. I added a column with how many OL games each team has remaining
Attached Images
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:45 PM   #2464
Edster007
All Star Starter

I234 playoff picture:

AC East: Hampton Roads holds a 1½ game lead over Melaka with Arkham 4 ½ games back. All three teams are in the playoffs its just a matter of who avoids the WC game and takes the division.

AC West: Gotham holds a 6 game lead over Mudville who are pretty hot today but it may be too little too late. With no reseeding the winner of this division will play the winner of the Central (No OL teams in that division)

NC East: Victoria holds a 7 game lead on my San Pedro team.

NC West: Tacoma has a 1 ½ game lead on New Zealand. They have 3 games remaining head to head.

NC Wild Card: New Zealand is currently +9 with San Pedro holding the second spot. My other team the Boogie Knights are 2 ½ back followed by the Mets 6 ½ back and Stephensville 8 ½ back.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:18 PM   #2465
dishnet34
All Star Starter

I was wondering how I would get my Las Vegas Gamblers team (my F2P team) into the fold in this Our League concept.

I'll need to make a couple changes to my roster for next season to compensate for the ruleset (I have to get rid of Gallo, Jordan Hicks, and Betances, which I'm fine with), but I'd love to join up for next season if I can! Currently, I'm in Silver, but only a couple of games out of relegation to Bronze (I can keep you posted on that).

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:44 PM   #2466
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

This league is tight! 3-way tie for the wild card in my conference. I've still got a shot at the 2nd WC. I love the OL league I'm in. It's balanced, competitive, and fun! It seems like EVERYONE is hovering around the .500 mark with a few teams in the lead. This is a league that truly feels like anyone has a shot. I love that!
Attached Images
Old 06-15-2019, 09:17 PM   #2467
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I bid on that card but lost, which worked out, I then overpaid a bit on 99 Walter Johnson at 200k. I'd actually rather have him than Keefe.
I really like the 99 card. He has been pretty reliable except for last year.
He was terrific in the bullpen when he failed as a starter.

But the kids moved him back to the starting lineup and he is sitting at a 1.95 ERA (better than Cy Young, Keefe, Clemens, Alexander, …).

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:20 PM   #2468
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Silver Tim Raines. Absolutely killing everyone down in Iron on my 80's team with his insane speed. Hoping to pick him up for my main, but I'm not paying the almost exorbitant prices on the AH right now. His peak gold card would be an excellent DH, but its pretty useless in the field. Stick with the silver one if you need him to play in the field.

The LEGEND gold card is too hawt so I bought it, don't even care if I overpaid it(10,964 vs 7 day average of 9000). I mean, there are 8 bids and it's on 9,600 when I bid on it, with the final bidder going 10,963 for it. I will take the 2,000 overprice to have that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
For speedsters, 90+ in baserunning is a pretty strong hurdle. Otis Nixon (61) is the only card I own that meets the criteria. Cool Papa Bell qualifies at 89 BSR.
Cool Papa Bell is on my radar for sure, but it doesn't pop up on AH too often.

I want 90+ because I am experimenting and I realize some of the 70-80 range still can't get it done consistently. They can get it done against regular opposition but the OL teams are all above average to elite in defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
How important is baserunning? Whenever I see your name I think of pest control for some reason.
Not sure if how important baserunning is, but I have seen my 70+ speedster getting screwed too much and my bronze Ichiro has horrible UBR despite 70-80 on those stats. Assuming that wSB covered all the SBs, low UBR meant his baserunning isn't good enough. At least that's my theory, and I intend to test it more.

-----------------------------------------------------------

In the final road to the Iron OL crown, I think Tacoma Aroma is the favorite here with 5 more OL games to play. They just have to go over the resisting Stephensville Bears(who had just won against Tacoma) and New York Mets.

Hampton Road Rushs and Melaka Armada will have to go through each others - and I am trying my very best to not be Rushed - and another OL team in Mudville Muffins and Arkham Horrors respectively, to have a chance at the crown. If Hampton and Melaka split their remaining games, or have relatively close results like 4-2, Tacoma is likely the champ.

Last edited by Goliathus; 06-15-2019 at 09:26 PM.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:38 PM   #2469
Magus978
All Star Starter

Back to back losses to SF has us now on the outside looking in. We needed to win this series, and it isn't happening. After this, 3 more at Royal Street, and 3 at Palolo. I don't think we're going to finish the job. When the RNG doesn't want you in the playoffs, it makes it pretty loud and clear. Not doing ourselves any favors by dropping key games when we need them the most. Might be forced to make some changes before Monday.

It did, however, give me a nice consolation prize of a triple play and 2,000 points.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #2470
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I really like the 99 card. He has been pretty reliable except for last year.
He was terrific in the bullpen when he failed as a starter.

But the kids moved him back to the starting lineup and he is sitting at a 1.95 ERA (better than Cy Young, Keefe, Clemens, Alexander, …).

If I ever have a Zorro level starting rotation where that card is relegated to the bullpen I'll be a happy guy, or broke, or both.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:51 PM   #2471
joehart
All Star Starter

Good one......I think he was relegated in favor of some LHPs.

If I remember correctly, he was one of our lucky pulls about 7-8 seasons ago.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:04 PM   #2472
joehart
All Star Starter

Fellow OL friends,

After spending an afternoon explaining OOTP and guiding some kids and adults through the game, we have two more teams that will soon hit Entry league.
Update: They may not show up in the search yet. I may need to send a friendly request after Monday.

Please help us add them so they get pulled into the correct OL Iron league.

1. Crusaders (account: crusader13)
Logo inspired by the most recent movie watched by our young friend (Indiana Jones).
This team hopes to make a crusade through the league and collect treasures along the way.

2. The Birds (account whaler)
Inspired by mom, who has been sitting in the back watching Alfred Hitchcock movies while we all worked hard with OOTP (cough...).
We will see if any of us will fall pray to these crazy hungry birds.

I also got user Findest2001 sorted out with his new OL team so I hope to see him in the Entry pool next week as well.
Slowly but surely we are filling the lower leagues with more OL teams.

Last edited by joehart; 06-15-2019 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:08 PM   #2473
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Late afternoon S272 playoff picture update...

Harlem lead the AC East by 3.5 over a non-OL team
Salem have lost 8 in a row and at 70-76, look dead in the water
At which point, Salem took 3 in a row from Harlem. So, thanks for that

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 10:09 PM   #2474
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
At which point, Salem took 3 in a row from Harlem. So, thanks for that
Blame them, not me!

Commentator's curse is not a commentator's problem

Old 06-15-2019, 10:22 PM   #2475
joehart
All Star Starter

Two teams still fighting for the wild card....7 games left.
Attached Images

Last edited by joehart; 06-15-2019 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:26 PM   #2476
Magus978
All Star Starter

You wanna know how close it is in the NC?

Here. It's this close.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:31 PM   #2477
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:

Here. It's this close.
I was going to say it is time for Kushiel to get those important wins but he is fighting with the fellow Patriots.

Kids could not help out...Aztecs tied them 3-3 this month.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:38 PM   #2478
Magus978
All Star Starter

Patriots lose the opener to Royal Street, fall out of wildcard lead. Silly Department Walkers now have it by .5. Royal Street now 1.5 back, Sanguine 2 back.

Got a feeling the RNG does not want me making the playoffs.

Last edited by Magus978; 06-15-2019 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:40 PM   #2479
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:

Here. It's this close.

I have three games against the Classics coming up.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 11:26 PM   #2480
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Still have 3 games remaining in the Gold OL league play (Shasta vs Cooper)... even if Shasta wins all 3 games, they will end up with a win percentage of .575, just .001 behind CliffMarkle who leads the standings at 19-13 (.576), so congrats to the Road Runners for securing the Gold league OL crown.

Looking at the overall standings.... I gotta say, I didn't see this coming... after the rather dismal start (9-17 in June and flirting with last place), Waffletown made a miraculous turnaround (17-10 in Aug; currently 21-4 in Sep, including a current 13 game winning streak, with 4 games to play)... a playoff spot is secured and the magic number for the division title is 2 (and the last 3 games are against the second place Portland Mavericks)..... edit: make that a 14 game winning streak and an NC Central division title... woot!

In the AC Central, Annandale has secured home field advantage throughout the playoffs with the best record in either league. Shasta currently holds the second wild card spot with a magic number of 3; but is also only a half game back of the division lead in the AC West.

At the other end, Terra Incognita is currently in danger of relegation back to Silver, unless they can pick up the 1.5 games on Boston or Sanibel.
Attached Images

Last edited by stl jason; 06-15-2019 at 11:34 PM.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote