Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Online Leagues

OOTP 17 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 17 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:51 PM   #1
Cool Papa Bell
Major Leagues

The NAPBBP has an opening

The NAPBBP has an opening----OOTP 17 league The National Association of Professional Base Ball Players, the NAPBBP, has an opening for the 1888 season, our 5th year and 31st season as a league. The league has reached July 16th on the league schedule. If you'd like to check them out, there are some live sim videos on-line, something new I started the past few months. They can be found on the twitch tv link below. Next live sim will be on Friday night 8/5 at 9:00 p.m. CST.

We are a 32 team hybrid historical league, based on historical franchises with some additions. Also, other owners are sometimes open to swapping franchise cities so you may have an opportunity to get the team city you want down the road. The team available is the Cincinnati Redstockings, their current owner has to step away because of job relocation. This may be a golden opportunity as the team features stars Ed Delahanty, Kid Gleason, Connie Mack, Deacon McGuire and others, along with Negro League greats Frank Grant, Clarence Williams and George Stovey. Currently, the Redstockings sit in first place in the NL North and a fairly young roster to potentially keep them in contention for years to come.

Here's a chance to run a franchise for virtually the entire history of major league baseball. Since teams do relocate and I try to get owners their favorite franchise, there is a chance you can get the team city you might want down the road. We are also contemplating expanding to 36 and then 40 teams over the next year and 8 to 10 seasons which will open the door to Arizona, Colorado, Tampa Bay, Santo Domingo DR, Detroit and 3 other to be determined cities not currently being used that had a historical ML level franchise. So if you wanted Cincinnati to start but prefer another city, we can usually accommodate.

Very fun, newbie friendly league with a dedicated group of owners. We do not sim every day, but sim 2 weeks of game time every 3-4 days. We may go to another schedule once we reach the 1900's but for now we are trying to move seasons along more quickly. Full scouting is on, coaching is on, ratings are 1-100 with stars. Statistical baseline is based on the entire history of MLB to give better comparatives over eras, so no deadball/lively ball swings. The streaming of game play is new but planning on doing a game-of-the-sim play by play and other live features on a weekly basis

The project started as a research project for a screenplay I wrote and for a novel I am writing, both historical what-ifs, so it will be around...well, forever probably, as far as league longevity. We incorporate historical rookies for our June Amateur Draft along with Negro League players and others. There is more info on the league website regarding the league premise and game settings.

We communicate through an e-mail distribution list for sim results, Slack chat, and also owners communicate on our league Forum. Below are the links and let me know if you might be interested. If you would like any more info, just ask. Thanks!

Philip

League Website
http://napbbp.com/

Stats, Standings, History
http://napbbp.com/game/lgreports/news/html/

NAPBBP TV
https://www.twitch.tv/napbbp_commish

Slack Chat
https://napbbp.slack.com

E-Mail- napbbp.commish@gmail.com

Last edited by Cool Papa Bell; 08-04-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Cool Papa Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 02:32 PM   #2
Cool Papa Bell
Major Leagues

Thanks everyone for your interest, questions and communication! We have filled the spot but if you are interested in a team for the next opening or for possible expansion slots in the near future, just let me know.