Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2015, 09:48 PM   #1
Kimchi
Minors (Single A)

Unrealistic Happiness with Roles?

I am very religious about making sure I scout all of my players and use those reports in setting up my teams roles. I've noted a few players who's roles are unrealistic and their scouting reports will affirm that. When changing the roles of the player they go from Okay to Unhappy. For a player like Anze Kopitar for example who is a playmaker and goalscorer to be happy as a Two Way Forward but pissed off as a Playmaker or Goalscorer seems very unrealistic to me.
Kimchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 11:54 PM   #2
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I've noticed players best suited as agitators, checkers etc.. do not accept the role neither. Everyone wants to either be a two-way player or an offensive role it seems like.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:34 AM   #3
Kimchi
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
I've noticed players best suited as agitators, checkers etc.. do not accept the role neither. Everyone wants to either be a two-way player or an offensive role it seems like.
Thats pretty much all you can set up. Also, supplementary roles are hit or miss.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:44 PM   #4
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I'd like to also add that a lot of players who are getting ice time still become unhappy and it starts to become unrealistic especially for prospects or players who are lucky to even be getting the ice-time they do

I don't like this as the development process is slowed down and they usually move on to become angry which becomes a problem when developing players who are better suited for more icetime in the minors vs fourth line duty in the NHL.

An "Add player to waivers" would be more appropriate then fully sending a player down and then back up causing so much of these unnecessary mood swings as well when dealing with unproductive higher priced players and they're contracts.

Last edited by BlackIce; 12-11-2015 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #5
Kimchi
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
I'd like to also add that a lot of players who are getting ice time still become unhappy and it starts to become unrealistic especially for prospects or players who are lucky to even be getting the ice-time they do

I don't like this as the development process is slowed down and they usually move on to become angry which becomes a problem when developing players who are better suited for more icetime in the minors vs fourth line duty in the NHL.

An "Add player to waivers" would be more appropriate then fully sending a player down and then back up causing so much of these unnecessary mood swings as well when dealing with unproductive higher priced players and they're contracts.
So true I have 2 1/2 star prospects who are 3rd or 4th liners who are regularly playing but mad because they aren't getting 25+ minutes. Its not just 1 or 2 players its almost everyone who isn't starting even when their teamwork and greed numbers show them as unselfish players.
Old 12-11-2015, 01:27 PM   #6
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I really do hope this is looked into as the training regimes are associated to the players mood. If they remain unhappy or angry we could see numerous prospects or players developments fall off the charts as they become needlessly hindered due to these moods.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:21 PM   #7
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Players do seem to become unhappy all to easy and it does seem to be having an effect on the development of disgruntled prospects who want more ice time while you are trying to limit it to help how they develop. In reality a prospect would expect to have less ice time until they prove themselves as a 1st or 2nd line player.

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Mickeyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 05:24 PM   #8
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyb37 View Post
Players do seem to become unhappy all to easy and it does seem to be having an effect on the development of disgruntled prospects who want more ice time while you are trying to limit it to help how they develop. In reality a prospect would expect to have less ice time until they prove themselves as a 1st or 2nd line player.
Well, there are also a lot of players who think they are better than others, etc...
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 05:38 PM   #9
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Well, there are also a lot of players who think they are better than others, etc...
Totally agree. Just highlighting that in the game the 'unhappiness' level seems to increase way too often and for very little reason. Not all players are the same or react in the same way but in the game it seems like unhappy is the default reaction to a change.

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Mickeyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 06:49 PM   #10
Kimchi
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
This is almost every player. I drafted two 5 star 19 years old who I sent to the AHL and they have completely stopped developing because they are mad. These are players with low greed numbers.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:27 PM   #11
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

I am having the same issue...
Havokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 01:55 PM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Hmm, some of the specific cases you guys are mentioning definitely shouldn't be happening. I'll do a bit of investigating, either something's odd in the data or there's some mismatching going on with the acceptable roles.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #13
enf91
Minors (Double A)

I know Football Manager highlights the attributes related to a specific role. Is there any way for something like that to happen in FHM2?
enf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:36 AM   #14
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Its becoming quite the epidemic in our online league. A lot of the teams players are becoming unhappy or angry due to ice time but are getting top line minutes. Goalies who are starters and playing in virtually every game are becoming angry ...The plethora of countless other bugs are also proving to be a mighty nuisance.