Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Technical Support

FHM - Technical Support Got problems running FHM or want to report a bug? See here!

Old 09-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #141
Russ1983
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarstorm View Post
mine too. Is it runtime error visual basic ++ library for you too?
mine gets to 100% load and gets stuck there, only started since i went into my second season
Russ1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #142
Johnny93g
Minors (Double A)

These are for the modern day quickstart.

1. Goalie stats display. 18 games in to my season, it lists the goalie shutout leaders at 0. There have been shutouts, so it's not displaying the correct information.

2. Goalie stats display. Goals against leaders displayed as 0 goals against. The leader is listed as Jonas Hiller with 0 goals against this season. He's played 19 games and has allowed 57 goals.

3. Unnecessary stats displayed in the Goalie stats leaders display. Ties/OT losses, Goals, assists don't really need to be displayed.

4. Player leaders stats display. Shots leaders are not recorded correctly. The game suggests the current leader through 18 games has 14 shots on net. He's actually taken 60.

Suggestion.

1. On a players season stats page, under the split section, there are a bunch of stats such as PDO, Fen. OFF, Cor ON.....etc.... How about being able to hover over these listings in order to get a definition of what these stats are. I don't know what they are measuring.

2. When one of my players get hurt, I don't notice until my next game when i receive an invalid lineup message. Seems this news could be delivered to the user in a better way. Maybe bolding news items about injuries pertaining to your team, maybe a pop up message after a completed game stating the injury and duration information.
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #143
onyewu
Minors (Double A)

Visual Notes (from my iMac):

* Since the original Beta version, when I click scores and schedules (NHL) on October 1st, for example, the schedule for Sept 30th is what shows up. In one of my Test games, I actually thought it was Sept 30th and clicked play today, only to have the Oct 1 games sim.....I now have been working around that while continuing to fiddle with this game.....

* Also, since the original Beta version, the team colors appear not to work for me (yes, I have the box ticked in preferences). The team menubars do not reflect the team colors as I've seen on other folks screen shots. I also noticed in the game screen, the primary color is correctly in the background of the player photo's, but the secondary color is used for the text underneath the logo (in the Flyers case it was black on black). The text color is set up to be white, but is not the color showing ( I have since switched the secondary and text colors in team edit for now). Also, background of in-game screen is still black, not the colored ice image I've seen form other screen shots.

* Since I uninstalled and re-installed yesterday to see which items may improve, I now have an issue on the in-game Lineup page where it sometimes lists the players and their info, sometimes not. I just entered a game now, and the line ups are there as they should be....
***..... although a new glitch occurs on the game screen where underneath the home team logo/name is the NHL drop down box from the previous screen........can't get rid of it in-screen....will have to force quit and restart to see if that occurs again (eventually we'll need an in game save and exit option as OOTP recently added).

While trying to get rid of this drop down box, I accidentally came across that we can move the in game text box & Highlight box widgets around the screen...cool. EDIT: Wait a minute...had to come back and edit this....I restarted the game and went to play the same game....the drop down box is gone, but I can no longer move the in game text box & Highlight box widgets around....weird stuff man...must be the new moon? :-) But...the players and info are missing from the lineup screen again.....that's enough of this for today.

Is there a suggestion to quick fix the color issue?

Thanks

Last edited by onyewu; 09-07-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: missing sentence...new observation
onyewu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #144
mhaas12
Bat Boy

Inaugural Draft not Working

In a custom league's inaugural draft using fictional players (I was playing NHL), the game forces you to select only goalies. If you try to select a skater, you get an error message explaining that you must choose a goalie. After a few rounds of this, I tried to simply simulate the rest of the draft, thinking perhaps the game would simply fill my roster out for me. However, it ends up drafting players for all of the other teams, but not the human-controlled one, so I ended up with no players on my roster.
mhaas12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #145
creepshow
Bat Boy

Clicked on a player from the SPHL stats page after simming through til November 1st...crashed immediately
creepshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #146
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

after the new update, it seems like the Trading block no longer shows players who are on the Trade List.

Bigger issue is I've set AI control for my team for everything but transactions, intiate how to react to trades, and draft players but as the GM of the leafs the AI just traded Kadri and Bernier in two separate trades to the New York Islanders for a couple draft picks! It could be because i'm over the cap prior to my first nhl game, but still if I have those settings I want the game to tell me to make cap space room, not to make on for me.

Last edited by dave1927p; 09-07-2013 at 09:39 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #147
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

In version 1.03 I am trying to make a trade but for some reason the game is defaulting me as the Montreal Canadians when I am playing as the NY Rangers.

So at the trade screen instead of having access to the Rangers players, picks etc I am set to the Canadians.

EDIT:

I simmed the next day and I am able to access the Rangers screen but now in my inbox I am getting hundreds of messages saying TRADE ACCEPTED or NO WAY and I cannot respond to these e-mails or make them stop.

Last edited by gmerger; 09-07-2013 at 10:41 PM.
gmerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #148
Hotstreak
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not sure if this is really a bug per se, but the first thing I did in 1.03 was try to extend Subban. He wanted a 5 yr contract at 7.1 per and I offered a 8 yr contract at 6.5 per. A few days later he responds by saying that he's not interested in furhter negotiations and will wait for offer sheets.

It's fair that he rejects it, but I hardly think his reaction is realistic.
Hotstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #149
cdidman
Minors (Single A)

Bugs and things wrong

First off, this is what I'm seeing.

Is there no training or practice that I can control? How do you see how the players are training and how do you see if they are getting better or worse? Will there be some sort of practice added that I will be able to control, like certain drills I can have each player work on that will help certain skills?

I also don't see any pre season games. The events say that the pre season starts on September 16th, yet I don't see any games for the pre season, are there really no pre season games?

Also, I still can not edit coaches past the 0-9 ratings, yet other coaches show up to 20 in ratings.

When I had my computer run a draft in a custom league, my affiliated team is filled completely with defense players, no LW, C or RW, just all LD or RD.
cdidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #150
thehip
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Game crashes when I click on NHL Entry Draft on June 22, 2014. It crashes every time I have tried and that would be at least five times. I am now just going to fast sim pass the draft date and hope that is the only crash.
thehip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:23 AM   #151
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
after the new update, it seems like the Trading block no longer shows players who are on the Trade List.

Bigger issue is I've set AI control for my team for everything but transactions, intiate how to react to trades, and draft players but as the GM of the leafs the AI just traded Kadri and Bernier in two separate trades to the New York Islanders for a couple draft picks! It could be because i'm over the cap prior to my first nhl game, but still if I have those settings I want the game to tell me to make cap space room, not to make on for me.
Yup AI keeps trading away my players in season two. This is beyond frustrating!
Old 09-08-2013, 02:44 AM   #152
Konstantinov
Minors (Single A)

Encountered another "Unknown" player today. Martin Unknown. Last I saw an "Unknown" player, he was Jim and over 6000 years old. This guy seems pretty normal (27 years old), albeit his last name.
Konstantinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:48 AM   #153
Konstantinov
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdidman View Post
First off, this is what I'm seeing.

Is there no training or practice that I can control? How do you see how the players are training and how do you see if they are getting better or worse? Will there be some sort of practice added that I will be able to control, like certain drills I can have each player work on that will help certain skills?

I also don't see any pre season games. The events say that the pre season starts on September 16th, yet I don't see any games for the pre season, are there really no pre season games?

Also, I still can not edit coaches past the 0-9 ratings, yet other coaches show up to 20 in ratings.

When I had my computer run a draft in a custom league, my affiliated team is filled completely with defense players, no LW, C or RW, just all LD or RD.
You can find training and practice in the Lineup part, just right-click their name and go to "set primary training" or "set secondary training"

They might have yet to implement pre-season, I don't have it either.

Commissioner mode may be a little buggy.

May be a bug with AI drafting. Also, if they are all defensive players... shouldn't they be LD or RD? Not sure what you're meaning here. Maybe post a screenshot so we can get a better idea of what you're saying here.
Konstantinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:02 AM   #154
ScottP
Bat Boy

I don't know if this is a known bug or not, but I started a fictional league, and $8,028,889 of my budget is being taken up by nothing?

Some teams have $6mil, some $8 and most have $0 being taken up, so they have their full budget.

I don't have a single person on my roster as I haven't done the initial draft yet.
ScottP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #155
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

While I'm one of the most patient guys around even I start to get frustrated - we had 6 months of beta testing (where all errors were excusable) but we still have a very, very raw game.

First of all you can't create a new game in-game (or switch from one game to another in-game) ... you have to close FHM and then create a new one on start-up

When you want to sim a NHL game from the start in 1947 you only can sim 10 years in advance ... WHY ????

I also discovered the player "Martin Unknown" ... as far as I'm concerned something like that should not appear anymore after the end of beta testing.

The standings on the DEL team page are completely useless - it should read Düsseldorf, Mannheim, Augsburg, etc ... just like it does in the HNL

The shuffled rankings in "Faceoff" still not corrected

Simming games now seems to take even longer than in 1.0 ... and a lot longer than in all betas - and it still isn't possible to sim the entire game, only period by period.

No default logos and pics when creating a NHL game ... however in the DEL it does ... but not all players in the line-up have a picture.

Still not enough space that not only goal-scorer but assists are shown correctly.

And these only are things I discovered this morning after installing the update - and in my opinion these are bugs that should have been corrected a long time ago, these things should never have made it into version 1.0, let alone survive the first update.

All we users can do is bring certain bugs to your attention - but eliminating them definitely is your job, and honestly, in eliminating bugs you haven't done a very good job as I mentioned most of these things while the game was in beta status.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:35 AM   #156
Recoilius
Bat Boy

3 bugs

GET-Ligaen (Norway), League Events - Transfer Deadline date is not updating. Still shows as 2014 in the year 2016.

Championship History also appears a year behind.

Championship wins not showing up on any player histories.
Recoilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #157
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

And another one ...

Trading deadline not changed and some numbers that still are in the game that I noticed in the final beta in play-by-play (follwoing "Stanley Cup Play-offs" and "Amateur draft") and shouldn't be there anymore
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #158
solarstorm
Bat Boy

I keep getting spammed in my game that Anaheim have rejected a trade involving nothing. I used to get 1 message a day about it but now it's 6. Also a trade that has already happened I keep getting a message that's it's just been completed.
solarstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #159
ChrisLee
Bat Boy

Boxplay for a whole game

This is the second time I have seen this. A penalty the never ends.
Attached Images
ChrisLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #160
jh95
All Star Starter

Some remarks on Historical Game with 1.0.3

As posted in the 1.0.3 Version announcement....

On the problem that teams skip draft picks in Historical Game:

In the NHL the following rules regarding players and rights of players are the following:

Reserve list:
Contains all contracted and drafted players.
Cannot exceed 80 at a time.

Protected list:
List of currently contraced players.
Cannot exceed 50 at a time.

The problem with teams passing on draft picks in "Historical Mode" is that the teams are checking the "Protected List" instead of the "Reserve List".

If they see that they have 50 players on it, the teams pass the picks.
You must check the reserve list not exceeding 80 for those teams on drafts.

The problem also applies to human controlled teams.
I have 50 players on the "Protected List" and want to pick another player -> Error, too much players on the "Protected List".

This should be solved by checking the "Reserve List" instead.

Additional problems found in the "Historical Game":

1. It is too easy to trade for a 1st round pick of another Team. I got DET 1st rounder in 88 for a Dmitri Kvartalnov (5.0 with Potential 6.5).
Also for this trade the Subject of the News was "Kvartalnov trade for Kvartalnov". This is a known bug, but I thought it was solved in this Version.

2. After finishing the 88 Entry Draft, the Players selected in the draft are still visible in the list of free agents. They should not be visible, they can only be free agents after signing and fulfilling the first pro contract.

3. Also, as noted in a previous post, Teams are still skipping draft picks without selecting a Player. The cause in my oppinion is the same as noted in the previous post.

4. Curtis Joseph with age 21 was not selectable in the draft. Which might be correct. But after the draft he cannot be signed as a free agent. That is a bug. If north american players have not been selected in two drafts they should become free agents.

5. Niklas Lidstrom was taken 1st overall in 88. This should not be possible. He was a hidden talent and taken in later rounds by Detroit. True Talent should be hidden somehow to get it more realistic (in a historical perspective).

6. Rob Blake, Tony Amonte and John LeClair were taken in the 1st round of 88. Their rights were released by their draft teams in the following months (July/August). This should not happen in the first place. And to Amonte and LeClair the same Problems applies as described in 5..

7. The trade deadline date will not be updated after the 1st season 1987-88. In the 1988-89 season it still stands at February 27th, 1988. So in 1988-89 season trades can be done without a limitation-date. e.g. in March 1989.

Last edited by jh95; 09-08-2013 at 10:25 AM.
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote