Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
Methodz
Minors (Single A)

Negotiations with unsigned prospects

They shouldn't give you an answer like I'll wait and see other offers and there are still other teams I'm considering, obviously considering they can only negotiate with the team which owns their rights.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
MXD
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodz View Post
They shouldn't give you an answer like I'll wait and see other offers and there are still other teams I'm considering, obviously considering they can only negotiate with the team which owns their rights.
Well, they should, but only if their last name is Lindros... :P

But otherwise... yeah, that doesn't make sense in NHL's perspective.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
Hologram
Minors (Single A)

Along the same lines with this, after making an offer and asking for a response, even if they are happy with the offer I can't "submit" the offer. The button is there, but it isn't press-able.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
Hologram
Minors (Single A)

Continuing along a similar line, when trying to resign my own upcoming free agents, despite giving them exactly what they were asking for (term and dollar-value wise), I get this message after they have contemplated the offer:

[49-260] The Toronto Maple Leafs and Right Defense Carl Gunnarson could not reach an agreement to renew Gunnarsson's contract. The restricted free agent declined an 1-year,$0 offer and will wait for offer sheets from other teams.

The contract offered was 2 years, and certainly more than $0. This has happened a few times now with different players.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
NYR1967
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram View Post
Continuing along a similar line, when trying to resign my own upcoming free agents, despite giving them exactly what they were asking for (term and dollar-value wise), I get this message after they have contemplated the offer:

[49-260] The Toronto Maple Leafs and Right Defense Carl Gunnarson could not reach an agreement to renew Gunnarsson's contract. The restricted free agent declined an 1-year,$0 offer and will wait for offer sheets from other teams.

The contract offered was 2 years, and certainly more than $0. This has happened a few times now with different players.
I have had this happen as well - both when giving them what they demanded and offering less - the message always reads that they declined a 1-year, $0 offer.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram View Post
Along the same lines with this, after making an offer and asking for a response, even if they are happy with the offer I can't "submit" the offer. The button is there, but it isn't press-able.
The whole trading bit is bonkers. Tip to AI team wanting to dump a player: Tell me what you are looking! Gak!

Any how, What I find works is to meet there request, then reset to my offer and ask for a reply. IF (key) they are happy then when you mouse over the "submit" button it should change white-to-black and back. Only then do you know that you can click it. When you do, it just goes to a new screen and you need to check your mail...

...even then, sometimes it's like they never get back to you even when you meet their demands...

Bonkers...