Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 07-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
dickysty
Major Leagues

Newly Created League Can't Find Path

Just created an 80's historical league using the in-game wizard and for some reason when I re-open the game it can not find the historical database path, I get an error message.

Anyone seen this issue?

I'm running my leagues on a MacBook Pro from Apple.
dickysty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Can you give some detail?

What exactly does the error message say?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
dickysty
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Can you give some detail?

What exactly does the error message say?
Here's the message:
Name:  Screen shot 2011-07-22 at 8.55.17 AM.png
Views: 378
Size:  77.3 KB

I mean the league is nothing fancy. Like I said it's an 80's league consummated through the in-game wizard.

All files were installed using the default locations when installing OOTP 12.

Running on a MacBook Pro, 2 yrs old max.

I'm not sure what other information you might need, but if I can find the info I will send.

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Is your name Richard Steidl?
And are you the only user of that computer?

First step to troubleshoot is to try to look for the file that OOTP apparently says it can't find. So, open: /Users/richardsteidl/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 12/

And see if you actually can open each of those folders, and if you can, do you see a file named "stats" (actually stats.csv)?

At the time of creating that historical league of yours, that file existed at that exact location.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
dickysty
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya View Post

First step to troubleshoot is to try to look for the file that OOTP apparently says it can't find. So, open: /Users/richardsteidl/Library/Application Support/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 12/

And see if you actually can open each of those folders, and if you can, do you see a file named "stats" (actually stats.csv)?

At the time of creating that historical league of yours, that file existed at that exact location.
Yes, I'm the only user on the computer and that's me.

I can open all folders , but there is not an actually stats.csv.

Here's the files in that folder:
Name:  Screen shot 2011-07-22 at 9.47.20 AM.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  56.0 KB

If the stat.csv was there when I created the league it's certainly not there now. Not sure what could have happened though , because I would have very little knowledge when it comes to the actually game folders and files.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #6
dickysty
Major Leagues

I want to bump this thread because I still have not been able to figure out why I can't seem to get a historical league started with OOTP 12.

I can start a new historical game with OOTP 11 every time , but i've never been able to with this latest version. It's frustrating the heck out of me.

Can someone using a Mac computer give it a try and let me know how it turns out?
Old 01-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
Jagger
Major Leagues

You might start a new thread and request someone with the MAC version send you a copy of the Stats.csv file.
Jagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #8
dickysty
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger View Post
You might start a new thread and request someone with the MAC version send you a copy of the Stats.csv file.
I'm no expert but I don't think that's the issue. My OOTP 11 works fine and there isn't a stats.csv in any of the game files.

I think it's a bug of some sort to be truthful.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #9
Vinny P.
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya View Post

Are you sure about that? I mean, with the stats.csv file? Looking at all the .csv files, it seems that an actual "stats.csv" file would be rather redundant.

looking at the error message dicksty provided in the first screen shot, OOTP is trying to look for a "historical_import_path" folder that is apparently missing.

I bet it's in either the "addons" folder, or the "database" folder. Most likely the "database" folder.

As it currently sits, the "stats" folder is sitting directly inside of the main OOTP Baseball 12 folder. I think the "stats" folder just need to be placed in the correct location. Most likely:

ootp12/database/historical_import_path.

or

ootp12/addons/historical

Basically, dicksty, I would look just look around in all those folders, and try to locate a folder that says something about "historical." Then copy-paste your stats folder inside of that. If it works, delete the original "stats" file, as you already have an exact copy working in the proper folder.

Last edited by Vinny P.; 01-14-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Vinny P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #10
dickysty
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny P. View Post
Are you sure about that? I mean, with the stats.csv file? Looking at all the .csv files, it seems that an actual "stats.csv" file would be rather redundant.

looking at the error message dicksty provided in the first screen shot, OOTP is trying to look for a "historical_import_path" folder that is apparently missing.

I bet it's in either the "addons" folder, or the "database" folder. Most likely the "database" folder.

As it currently sits, the "stats" folder is sitting directly inside of the main OOTP Baseball 12 folder. I think the "stats" folder just need to be placed in the correct location. Most likely:

ootp12/database/historical_import_path.

or

ootp12/addons/historical

Basically, dicksty, I would look just look around in all those folders, and try to locate a folder that says something about "historical." Then copy-paste your stats folder inside of that. If it works, delete the original "stats" file, as you already have an exact copy working in the proper folder.
Thanks for the ideas, although my first try yielded zero results.
I'm going to look around again when I get a few minutes and see if I can find that folder.
I'll post my findings.

Thanks again!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #11
mdthomp24
Minors (Single A)

I am having the same problem with my game as well. Also on a Macbook pro. It cannot locate my database.
mdthomp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
Vinny P.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickysty View Post
Thanks for the ideas, although my first try yielded zero results.
I'm going to look around again when I get a few minutes and see if I can find that folder.
I'll post my findings.

Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdthomp24 View Post
I am having the same problem with my game as well. Also on a Macbook pro. It cannot locate my database.
Yeah, lemme know if it works. Do the same thing, mdthomp24.

If it doesn't work, and you cannot find sucha folder, sorry, bu tI am out of ideas. I am on a Windows machine, and my database files work just fine.

Despite being on a Windows machine, it's still the same basic idea. When I have more time, I'll post the path that my database files are placed in. I seriously think it's just you have the files in the wrong folder. I know for a fact that the databse files will not work, if it is just simply sitting in the main OOTP Baseball 12 folder. It needs to be in a sub folder somewhere along the line.

Last edited by Vinny P.; 01-17-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
dickysty
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny P. View Post
Yeah, lemme know if it works. Do the same thing, mdthomp24.

If it doesn't work, and you cannot find sucha folder, sorry, bu tI am out of ideas. I am on a Windows machine, and my database files work just fine.

Despite being on a Windows machine, it's still the same basic idea. When I have more time, I'll post the path that my database files are placed in. I seriously think it's just you have the files in the wrong folder. I know for a fact that the databse files will not work, if it is just simply sitting in the main OOTP Baseball 12 folder. It needs to be in a sub folder somewhere along the line.
Vinny,Here's a screen shot of OOTP 11 and 12 showing the database folder in the main OOTP Baseball 11 and 12 Folder.

My historical league with real rookies works fine with 11.

Is this folder that should be the focus?
Attached Images
Old 01-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #14
Vinny P.
Banned

Be patient. I'll get back to you tomorrow. I need to get home tonight, and look it up.