Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 08-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #21
battists
Hall Of Famer

And, thanks very much for everyone who is helping out! Every little bit helps!

Steve
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:31 PM   #22
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by never_ends View Post
TT #3794 (Scout Nation Available with Hidden Players Off)

Verified fixed
This has been updated too.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:51 PM   #23
never_ends
Minors (Double A)

TT #3787 (build 57: ctd when clicking on team's player ratings report)
I - Cannot Reproduce

Note:
Not sure I'm clicking the right thing here, but I think I am. From the Home Page of each team I clicked on "Ratings" which brings up the ratings report. 24 teams... clicked on this report 4 times per team over 4 seasons (96 clicks total). No problems, report came up as expected each time.
never_ends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:09 AM   #24
never_ends
Minors (Double A)

TT #3773 (Copy depth charts!)

Verified fixed
Old 08-13-2007, 12:16 AM   #25
Charley575
All Star Reserve

TT #469 (Schedule error when restarting league)

I-Cannot Reproduce

Followed the steps listed. Attempted several times. Issue did not occur. Schedule shows just fine when accessing from "Recent-League Schedule." Date is correct and day's games are listed properly.

Charley575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:16 AM   #26
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Still waiting on the Mac patch, but can at least close one of these things;

TT 3631 - is the same issue as TT 3813

3813 is a tricky one to reproduce. Nick and I have had private correspondence about the best way to trigger it, and it would be best to hold off on calling it 'verified' until a few more tests are complete.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:30 AM   #27
never_ends
Minors (Double A)

TT #3764 (Too many crashes in v56)
I - Cannot Reproduce (well, maybe)

Note:
I've experienced similar types of crashes but... very rare, and you cannot reproduce just because you want to. OOTP2007 has crashed on me probably 6 times when playing out a game at totally random times. From the lineup screen just before you start a game I simply wanted to substitute a starting player already in the lineup with a bench player for example. Crash. Very very rare though, maybe 6 times in around 1,000 games.

I've had it crash when exiting the game a couple of times (I think because of low resources). I've exited hundreds of times, it crashed maybe twice and in each case no data (I know of) was lost.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:37 AM   #28
Killebrew
Hall Of Famer

TT#3711 - C. Developer Claimed Fixed.
Description: AI Owner refusing contract offer even though plenty of money is available for contract extensions.

Related league rules in my test: $75 mil cap and profit sharing is on, team max cash is set to $20 million.

These are screenshots from the same team at the same time:
Screen 1 - front office: States that the team has projected budget room plus cash of $18,650,000. That is accurate, though to be clear, that is actually projected budget room plus cash within the $75 mil salary cap.

Screen 2 - Player extension screen says the team only has $7,160,000 left for extensions next season - that is not correct, they should have $18,650,000.

Screen 3 - Free agent signing screen is right though, it correctly states the team has $18,650,000 left. So for free agents this bug has been fixed but I guess the team finance logic code is separate for contract extensions. Hopefully the same fix applied to the free agent finance calculations can also be applied to the contract extension calculations without too much difficulty, then this bug will be done like dinner.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Killebrew; 08-13-2007 at 12:44 AM.
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:41 AM   #29
Charley575
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by never_ends View Post
TT #808 (Scouts Repeat Their Tasks)
I - Cannot Reproduce

Note:
Worked perfect for me. Tested all ways possible. They cycled when I set them to cycle and they scouted only one time when set that way.
One note to add to this... I tested this also and got the same results. Only those scouts who had the "cycle tasklist" button checked actually repeated the tasks. HOWEVER, for those scouts whose cycle boxes were not checked, they did not repeat the tasks, but the task remains on their tasklists when perhaps it should not. It seems to me that when the "cycle" box is not checked, tasks should drop off the list when completed.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:49 AM   #30
never_ends
Minors (Double A)

TT #3727 (Some filters are disappearing)

Verified fixed (?)

Note:
There is no way to truly know for sure this is fixed or if it is even a problem. It is not a problem right now, I can verify that. I've seen it happen a couple of times at random out of thousands of games in the past. At that time I simply closed and re-opened the game and the filter reappeared for whatever reason. I have not seen it happen in months now however.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:57 AM   #31
never_ends
Minors (Double A)

TT #3715 (Non-Playoff Teams Allowed to Keep Expanded Rosters Through Next Spring Training)

Fixed Verified (READ NOTE)

Note:
Indeed, as advertised the rosters are cut to 25 at the end of the regular season. However, this is going to catch some OOTP'ers off guard the way it occurs. If you are the Manager/GM of a team you must reduce your roster after your last regular season game is complete but before you advance to the next day! If you do not your roster will be reduced to 25 auto by the AI when you advance to the next day (the day after the regular season ends). Perhaps you want to consider allowing a 1 day advancement before rosters are cut?

Last edited by never_ends; 08-13-2007 at 01:52 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:46 AM   #32
Charley575
All Star Reserve

TT#3794 Scout nation available with hidden players off.

Fix Verified.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:51 AM   #33
never_ends
Minors (Double A)

TT #3509 (Lineup and Rotation screens will sometimes show career stats instead of season stats)
I - Cannot Reproduce

Note:
I might know this guys problem based on his description. If you check your League Career Stats in any way the next time you go to Your Team Pages it will display career stats instead of current season stats.

So, for example, lets us assume you want to check career stats for your league and you click on "History" from your Home Page. Up come the career stats, you look them over and then exit out back to Your Team Home Page. Next you click on "Lineups & Depth Charts" at the top of Your Team Home Page and up comes a listing of your hitters. Displayed will be Career Stats, not current year stats. You must then click on "Splits", then click on "Overall". Now your current year stats return and stay there until you visit History again someday.

8-13-07 (I corrected a couple of things, it is now accurate)

Last edited by never_ends; 08-13-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:36 AM   #34
Kaitiaki
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killebrew View Post
Screen 2 - Player extension screen says the team only has $7,160,000 left for extensions next season - that is not correct, they should have $18,650,000.
This is not necessarily correct. Contract extensions consider the financial situation for next year - logically enough, since that's when they're going to be paid out. If you have several players signed to escalating contracts, or expected to get raises through arbitration, then it is entirely possible for a team to have less available money for next year than for this year. There's certainly no reason why available money for next year must be exactly equal to available money for a free agent (i.e., for a contract being paid this year).

Do you still have the team's Player Salaries report from the same time as these other screenshots? That would help in determining whether a rising payroll is the explanation for the reduction in available money.

- Kai
Old 08-13-2007, 10:48 AM   #35
Nick0508
Minors (Rookie Ball)

TT #2144 - Color picker has no help option
Disposition: Please test again

I'm getting the same message as Steve did when he originally submitted this. "Content... File name = help_select_color_dialog.tpl" There is no help topic where there should be one.
Nick0508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:02 AM   #36
Nick0508
Minors (Rookie Ball)

TT #3019 - League name missing

Regressed

Screenshot attached
Attached Images
Old 08-13-2007, 11:18 AM   #37
Nick0508
Minors (Rookie Ball)

TT #3582 - Players value incentives too highly

Verified

It appears that this has been fixed. I've tried to offer guys about half of what they are asking and loading the incentives to see if they'd bite. I've tried the bonus for min PA as well as for MVP and no takers.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:27 AM   #38
Kaitiaki
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0508 View Post
TT #3582 - Players value incentives too highly

Verified

It appears that this has been fixed. I've tried to offer guys about half of what they are asking and loading the incentives to see if they'd bite. I've tried the bonus for min PA as well as for MVP and no takers.
Actually, I regressed this one yesterday. I got players to accept offers like these:

- SP who wants $42 million ($14 million for 3 years): would accept $24 million ($8 million for 3 years) plus a $20 million incentive for 250 IP each year.
- C who wants $67 million ($18 million for 4 years): would accept $32 million ($8 million for 4 years) plus a $20 million incentive for 700 PA.

Since only 1 SP got 250 IP, and no catchers came even close to 700 PA, those were pretty ridiculous incentives for the AI to accept.

- Kai
Old 08-13-2007, 11:32 AM   #39
Nick0508
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm the bearer of bad news again, at least it's nothing major.

TT #3584 - Houston Colt .45's not showing up correctly

Regressed
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-13-2007, 11:42 AM   #40
Nick0508
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitiaki View Post
Actually, I regressed this one yesterday. I got players to accept offers like these:

- SP who wants $42 million ($14 million for 3 years): would accept $24 million ($8 million for 3 years) plus a $20 million incentive for 250 IP each year.
- C who wants $67 million ($18 million for 4 years): would accept $32 million ($8 million for 4 years) plus a $20 million incentive for 700 PA.

Since only 1 SP got 250 IP, and no catchers came even close to 700 PA, those were pretty ridiculous incentives for the AI to accept.

- Kai
Sorry Kai, I must have missed that. I basically tried the same type of offers. In one of my cases, a CF who wanted $48m/4 years rejected an offer of $32m/4 years with a $50m incentive for winning the MVP. In another case, a SP wanted almost $20m/4 years with a $700k bonus for the Cy Young. He rejected my offer for $12m/4 with a $75m bonus for Cy Young. It appears there is still a bit of randomness when it comes to players taking/rejecting these kind of offers.