Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 03-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #61
Deftones2003
Minors (Double A)

just bumpin us back to the top!!
Deftones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:22 AM   #62
kermit
Bat Boy

I would love to join this league...I am on the waitlist.
kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:59 PM   #63
ejbucs
Minors (Single A)

Once again, this is a great league. Anyone who loves the fictional aspect of the game, it's a no-brainer. Those who never thought about joining a fictional league will be hooked. Everyone plays till the last game and very few teams tank.

It's very hard to create a league this large and have such small turnover. It's a credit to the people that run the league and all of the owners that make it such a great league to be in.

Expansion is on the horizon, so don't get left out.
ejbucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:47 AM   #64
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Hey peeps,
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o></o>
It's that time once again...I am now taking reservations for the two newest leagues, Mexico and China, that will join the Hierarchy in 2013. Note, these are not expansion drafts…the leagues will have all new teams and players. We only have a few spots remaining so please fill out the APPLICATION if you are interested in being part of this unique league now in its 7<sup>th</sup> season.

It’s great for noobs…we offer a Mentor to every GM who joins the league. It’s great for veterans as well…if you want some serious competition, fight your way up to the USA league to find out how good you really are…or are not.
Please check the first post for details on the league or stop by the website.
Thanks for your time,
-j
giornaliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:52 AM   #65
argot
Bat Boy

application sent
argot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #66
ptwarr18
Major Leagues

I joined this league in December for the most recent expansion. I have 1 1/2 sim years of experience and I can honestly say without a doubt that this is the best league I've ever been a part of. Nothing comes close to touching it. I used to be in multiple leagues to get fun out of OOTP but I'm so immersed in the WBH that I only need one league now.

If you are interested in joining an OOTP league, I think this should be your choice. Our commish is an OOTP Wizard and cares about this league more than anyone, so it will be around for a long time. He has a nice supporting cast to help him run things, and we have some great features that adds to the personality of the league.

Sure, its fictional players but within a couple weeks, you'll feel like they are more alive than the "real" MLB players. Each player has his own personality and its really great, I can't even fully explain it. If you are a serious GM that always rises to the top of your leagues, take the challenge and try to rise to the top of the entire hierarchy. If you are new and want to learn, there is no better place to learn the game of OOTP than here.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:27 AM   #67
andymac
Hall Of Famer

This looks interesting and definitely the type of league I would like to be a part of. One thing I am curious about is how the draft works. It looks like you draft separately based on what level you are at, but what I am wondering about is what type of players are available at each level. Are the draft classes throughout the leagues equal or are they better at the top? Are there only U.S. players in the draft at the top level or are there foreigners available, etc. Basically, I would like a breakdown of how all that works if possible.

FTB: andymac
andymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:14 AM   #68
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymac View Post
This looks interesting and definitely the type of league I would like to be a part of. One thing I am curious about is how the draft works. It looks like you draft separately based on what level you are at, but what I am wondering about is what type of players are available at each level. Are the draft classes throughout the leagues equal or are they better at the top? Are there only U.S. players in the draft at the top level or are there foreigners available, etc. Basically, I would like a breakdown of how all that works if possible.
The draft classes are all setup the same (default) but as in a regular league some classes are better than others. So, in a given draft, some leagues will have a more fruitful class than others...purely random. Also, there are no foreigners available, as in the U.S. draft only has American players, the Japan draft only has Japanese players, etc.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #69
ptwarr18
Major Leagues

To give my input, I'm a team on the 4th Tier (lowest) and our draft last year was absolutely loaded with talent. Whatever league you are in, you have an equal shot of getting good talent in your drafts.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:25 AM   #70
aljunge
Bat Boy

application sent!
aljunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:14 AM   #71
aljunge
Bat Boy

Application sent!
aljunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:07 PM   #72
ehencley
Minors (Single A)

Sounds interesting. I was turned off for a bit due to my last two online leagues closing but I applied and am willing to give it another chance. Hope it works out.
ehencley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:52 PM   #73
argot
Bat Boy

I am so ready for the expansion league.
argot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:58 AM   #74
spider_monkey_b
Minors (Triple A)

The 2013 season is kicking off next Monday with the off-season and the inclusion of the new Mexico and China leagues. This league is THE online league for OOTP. I don't even bother looking for others any more because nothing touches the WBH.

Apply now and see if you can (eventually, once you rise to the top) take down the reigning two-time WBH champ...that would be me and the Mariel Sharks!
spider_monkey_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:16 PM   #75
DaCubFan
Minors (Triple A)

The WBH is an amazing league run by a dedicated commish and a great group of assistants. Can 80 GM's be wrong?
Old 06-01-2008, 05:13 PM   #76
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

This league sounds interesting. My last experience with online leagues was when OOTP5 was current. It was rather unpleasant, and so I have stayed away from them until now.

Is there a waiting list for this league? How long is it? I'm not chomping at the bit to join an online league, but you never know.
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:03 PM   #77
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
This league sounds interesting. My last experience with online leagues was when OOTP5 was current. It was rather unpleasant, and so I have stayed away from them until now.

Is there a waiting list for this league? How long is it? I'm not chomping at the bit to join an online league, but you never know.
We have a nice sized waiting list but we are still 4 leagues away from full expansion...which we have been doing (expansion) every other season.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:49 PM   #78
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

I see on the application a space for AIM. Is AIM required?

Also, it's not clear to me whether or not the South African league is active. Is it? If so, how many teams does it have?
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #79
giornaliere
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonin View Post
I see on the application a space for AIM. Is AIM required?

Also, it's not clear to me whether or not the South African league is active. Is it? If so, how many teams does it have?
AIM is not required and the South Africa league is not a part of the Hierarchy yet...the ones that gray are future expansion leagues. We just finished a round of expansion so the next one won't take place for another season or so. Each league has 8 teams.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #80
Deftones2003
Minors (Double A)

just a bump back to the top...
Come check us out... you might like what you see!!!
Deftones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote