Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 04-23-2004, 01:57 PM   #1
thebadguy
Major Leagues

The print function. Maybe its time to scream?

I realize that the developers are not obligated to answer any of our questions, but this is ridiculous. There are several threads out there right now that include people wondering or complaining about the absence of a PRINT feature. Actually, its not a feature, its damn near a requirement for text games. I figured if I started a thread specifically about the issue and got some people behind me, that maybe something will get accomplished. Anyone?
Old 04-23-2004, 02:01 PM   #2
mh2365
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (101)
It would be nice
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 02:02 PM   #3
TGM
Bat Boy

I agree, it is needed.
TGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 03:19 PM   #4
Tosti
Hall Of Famer

Its a must
Tosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:19 PM   #5
JohnnyBench
Minors (Triple A)

I agree that this option should have been included in the first release of this game. I also agree that the silence from the powers that be really make me feel like we are being ignored.

Okay, go ahead. Let the "We are not owed anything YADDA YADDA YADDA" begin.

But the truth is that this function has been a part of past versions of this game created by the same guys. Why would a function so important to a sim game be left off?

Yea, Yea, there is a new RPG coming out YADDA YADDA. That has nothing to do with this game and I am going to say it...

If the saving of this function is so that it will be a selling point for the new game, well that is a scary way to do business.

Go ahaead and flame me, but to not have a "print or save" function for stats is just silly. We are not asking for new bells and whistles, just the same great quality that we have received in the past from these great game makers.

Okay let the fire begin
JohnnyBench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:25 PM   #6
Bonedwarf
All Star Starter

It's pretty ridiculous to not include such a basic feature. I have sports sims going back ten years ago that had this feature.

It's funny. With OOTP they seem to listen and respond.

Here they seem to largely ignore rather than respond.

Know which one continues to get my money.
Bonedwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:37 PM   #7
GDE
Minors (Double A)

As far as the way I play TBCB, the game would be finished IF I had the ability to PRINT.
GDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:09 PM   #8
erickdamac
All Star Starter

I would like to know why do you guys wish to print, Not taking anything away from yall because it is crazy they should have been got on it cuz I read about this issue more then once! But can someone tell me how printing effect the game?
erickdamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:42 PM   #9
JohnnyBench
Minors (Triple A)

Great question Eric.

This is just for me...

Printing doesn't effect the way the Game is played for me, but it would make keeping records of your universe much easier.

As is, Now I have to stop after every set of sims and hand write major news, hand write updated Rankings, etc.

With the print function or even better yet a "save " tab on the rankings and other screens, you could always have a history of your past rankings and news to compare as the history of your universe unfolds into the future.

As it is now you either have to hand write everything or type into some sort of file that you created yourself in either word processing or a spreadsheet.

It takes more time to do that than to play the game. I want to spend more time enjoying this already great game and less time typing info.

Just my opinion...
Old 04-24-2004, 01:11 AM   #10
GDE
Minors (Double A)

I would like to print out Quarterly ratings/rankings.

I would like to print out my top fighters fight history so I can refer to them during big fights.

Those are just 2 examples.
GDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 01:16 AM   #11
erickdamac
All Star Starter

Thanks for the response, now I see Actually this would be a great thing to tell you guys the truth thats one of the reason I stop updating my site, because of all the writing I had to do. This should be a no brainer then I dont understand why simple functions like this isn't in a game!
Old 04-24-2004, 08:35 AM   #12
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Ok. Here it is. I don't blame Andreas. I think he'd like to fix things and add stuff, but his hands are tied by the suits in charge. It begins to look more and more like they want to save some things for the RP version. Thing is, we were promised certain things in the early days, come ons to buy TBCB. A man keeps his word.

Just speaking for myself, if they are saving the things we've been promised to entice us to buy the new game next year or the year after, I won't be playing along. I'll find some other way to waste my time. Heck, maybe I'll buy one of the old card and dice games off the internet.

I'm fed up with the wall of silence. Have some guts and tell us what is actually going on.

Cap
Old 04-24-2004, 07:07 PM   #13
Night2000
All Star Reserve

I also agree that printing is a must. It's hard to believe that this wasn't included. Still when you are on these boards long enough you start to notice certain patterns. Usually when a request is made if it's doable you hear from either Andreas, or the Trunzos
fairly quickly. For some reason they have all remained silent on this printing issue. So you have to wonder why? I suspect that adding the printing feature is harder than we figure. Otherwise I'm sure it would have already been added, or we would have at least heard from someone about it. Unless it's being worked on quietly at this time. Still it's unbelievable that something as important as this printing issue, is being ignored by Andreas and the Trunzos.

This post has the Al Bundy and Homer Simpson stamp of approval!
Night2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 07:46 PM   #14
JohnnyBench
Minors (Triple A)

I know that I am one of the complainers concerning this subject, but I really do believe that it is just a matter of time and it will be added.

I imagine that it is a simple code when you create the original game, but it may be more difficult to add back later.

Either way, I think we will see it soon.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:17 AM   #15
couriers
All Star Reserve

"For some reason they have all remained silent on this printing issue"

"it's unbelievable that something as important as this printing issue, is being ignored by Andreas and the Trunzos"

Andreas had responded to this request earlier this year and it has been on the Wish List for quite some time now. Patience.
couriers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 11:13 AM   #16
Roydboy
Minors (Single A)

My question is:
Why are we being ingnored regarding this issue?
If they would come out and say it can't be done, then fine. If they say they're working on it and it should be done in a month or so, again fine.
But to remain stone-silent leads me to believe they are unable to provide this feature and they can't bring themselves to admit it to us. I really don't think this would be intentionally held off until the RPG since this is not the way things have been done since the original release.
There have been enough patches to include this if it was possible which makes me think it can't be done. But until someone in the development team breaks their silence we'll never know.

Roy
Roydboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 01:43 AM   #17
thebadguy
Major Leagues

I stand with Cap on this one. IF they are holding back on the PRINT function until the roleplay version, then that is one of the most ridiculous marketing\sales schemes I have ever heard of. I really admire the Trunzo's, so I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that it's not the case. But something is going on here... this has been on ongoing issue and this thread has been up for a few days now and still no response from any of the developers. Also, like Cap, I will NOT be playing along. I wont even entertain the thought of buying the RP game if the above turns out to be correct. One more thing... I seriously doubt that this issue is in the hands of Andreas or the Trunzo's, it is probably the 'bigwigs" of OOTP.... it is ridiculous and quite frankly it insults our intelligence.

C'mon guys... PLEASE let us know what is going on. Email all of us privately if you have to.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:37 AM   #18
erickdamac
All Star Starter

bump I see adres
Old 04-26-2004, 03:35 AM   #19
Andreas Raht
Administrator

You're right, Printing is a must. All of you on this thread added some points which are correct:

- it is a must
- it has been promised
- we already talked about it and added it to the wish list - but nevertheless thanks for mentioning it again
- we will definitly hold back some features for TBRP - but printing is a promised feature and will not be hold back
- TBRP is in development - and other projects we're having to work on
- yadda, yadda - every post except if we announce another patch can be understood as yadda yadda

To put things together in a row: we will add printing for TBCB ASAP. This is a promised feature, so it will not be hold back for TBRP.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 06:43 AM   #20
JohnnyBench
Minors (Triple A)

See......

Told You They would come through!