Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 01-17-2004, 10:23 PM   #1
rangerforlife
Minors (Triple A)

Blank dat files

Is there any way I can create a blank database, or a database with fictional characters, as OOTP has options for? Just wondering... Phenomenal game, by the way.
rangerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 10:08 AM   #2
couriers
All Star Reserve

You would have to do all of the work manually. Either start by deleting all of the current fighters and then add as many custom fighters as you wish. Or you could simply rename the current fighters and make some adjustments to their ratings and attributes. These are the two options that come to mind.
couriers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 01:13 AM   #3
rangerforlife
Minors (Triple A)

Crud

That's what I was afraid of... it's all good.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:30 PM   #4
couriers
All Star Reserve

Having the ability to select multiple fighters for moving among groups, copying, editing and deleting would definitely have a positive effect on overall usability. As it currently stands it can become somewhat tedious at times when setting up a custom universe. Making these changes to the interface would mean a world of difference and could certainly pursued many to create more than they originally imagined. Just think about the time saved when only having to edit 100 fighters all in one broad stroke as opposed to having to edit 100 fighters individually in order to simply move them to another group or to assign them to the same cornermen. Create a custom universe could go from hours to a matter of minutes, literally.
couriers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:01 PM   #5
rangerforlife
Minors (Triple A)

I agree. That would make things much, much easier. The question remains: how much time will it take to actually implement that in the programming? Hopefully, changes like the above can be put in place relatively quickly.

I think what I would really be excited to see would be a kind of career mode such as exists with OOTP and the Lahman database, where new participants can be entered each year as occurred in real life. That is one of the features which makes OOTP such a great game, and it would be great to see the same features in TBCB.
Old 01-20-2004, 06:11 PM   #6
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Which brings to mind the question, "If two fighters are assigned the same cornerman does it have any effect besides confusing the gamer?"

Cap