Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:15 AM   #1
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

I don't think I'll ever understand the hockey mind

Why is the ref out of line? Kane claims the ref "rushed" him. He thinks getting thrown out for ref abuse was overkill. He slashed the ref trying to get at the opponent. But fans on this twitter account think the ref was in the wrong for getting in the way.

I don't get it.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:31 AM   #2
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

It's similar to a soccer fan getting on Twitter and saying that a manager with 20 years experience is tactically clueless when the closest he's ever come to a soccer field is the time he stormed the field after a victory over the arch-rival. Dead drunk, of course.
Buster Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:51 PM   #3
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Like I said, I'll never understand the hockey mind. Dude wants to fight the entire bench because it is out of line for a coach to talk smack?
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:54 PM   #4
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
Why is the ref out of line? Kane claims the ref "rushed" him. He thinks getting thrown out for ref abuse was overkill. He slashed the ref trying to get at the opponent. But fans on this twitter account think the ref was in the wrong for getting in the way.

I don't get it.
When I first saw this I thought: "Oh no, Patrick Kane is in trouble!" Then I saw it was Evander Kane and I was like "OK, that makes more sense."

The slash to the linesman was inadvertent, and I don't think Kane got tossed for that. Instead, it was for the shove after the linesman tackled him. I can understand his frustration - Engelland grabbed Kane's stick to impede him, and the refs didn't call interference. Then Engelland cross-checks him (right in front of the linesman!) and apparently nobody blows a whistle. It's not clear when play was finally whistled dead - Engelland got a minor and a misconduct for that cross-check, so somebody should have stopped play, but it looks like Kane didn't hear a whistle and kept skating. The linesman thought Kane was going after Engelland, so that's why he grabbed him and the two tumbled to the ice. Kane was mad at being interfered with, cross-checked, and then tackled, and unfortunately he took it out on the linesman, which earned him a misconduct as well.

A pretty chippy game for a pre-season contest - 112 penalty minutes handed out. Looks like the refs lost control of this one.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote