Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:49 PM   #1821
Piratacuenca
Bat Boy

Template file. Boxscores problem

Hi all!

I have the next problem.

I bouhgt OOTP 16 on steam a few days ago and installed it a few minutes ago. But when I try to create a game, no matter if standard or custom, it appear a message telling me

"TEMPLATES_ENGINE::load_template_file - cannot open template file boxscores_page.tpl"

It appeared firstly at the time I opened the game for the first time, and after a seconds, it sent me to windows. After I run it for a second chance, it let me in, but everytime I try to start a game, It appear again, anyway if I try to run a standard or a custom game.

I'm frustrated, as I spent my money to buy the game, becouse I like it, It's a great and funny game and I want to enjoy it.
Piratacuenca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:39 PM   #1822
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratacuenca View Post
Hi all!

I have the next problem.

I bouhgt OOTP 16 on steam a few days ago and installed it a few minutes ago. But when I try to create a game, no matter if standard or custom, it appear a message telling me

"TEMPLATES_ENGINE::load_template_file - cannot open template file boxscores_page.tpl"

It appeared firstly at the time I opened the game for the first time, and after a seconds, it sent me to windows. After I run it for a second chance, it let me in, but everytime I try to start a game, It appear again, anyway if I try to run a standard or a custom game.

I'm frustrated, as I spent my money to buy the game, becouse I like it, It's a great and funny game and I want to enjoy it.
Try uninstalling and reinstalling.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:01 PM   #1823
zukes
All Star Starter

Nothing on my bug? Not a big deal as I just won't click on my pitcher at that time, but still it seems repeatable.
zukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:56 PM   #1824
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

The League Totals for the years 2010 and 2011 ARE WRONG! I noticed that when I try to set the league totals to the totals of the 2010 season, they are the same as 2009, and that the ones for the 2011 season are actually for 2010.

Last edited by Tyler87898; 02-15-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 05:04 PM   #1825
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler87898 View Post
The League Totals for the years 2010 and 2011 ARE WRONG! I noticed that when I try to set the league totals to the totals of the 2010 season, they are the same as 2009, and that the ones for the 2011 season are actually for 2010.
Seems like an oversight. Easy enough for the dev team to fix.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:02 AM   #1826
Kobie
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goreds1994 View Post
I can't load my save anymore... Any time I try it freezes up around initializing game at 10%.
I just had the same issue. File worked fine up until the 2024 offseason (started in 2015), froze up during the calendar switch to 2025, now won't load.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:15 AM   #1827
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

Every time I let the AI setup my minor league system, it always wants to cut the same player. It's so annoying that I almost want to trade this player away so I don't have to manually do all of my minor league moves.
vegaspomeranians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:27 AM   #1828
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspomeranians View Post
Every time I let the AI setup my minor league system, it always wants to cut the same player. It's so annoying that I almost want to trade this player away so I don't have to manually do all of my minor league moves.
Perhaps a fix for OOTP17 would be that locking a player to a minor league level actually locks them. Right now, it only disables promotion/demotion, not release.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:18 PM   #1829
markprior22
All Star Starter

Can't start OOTP16

I upgraded to Windows 10 quite a while back and had no issues with OOTP for months. A couple of weeks ago, Windows 10 did an update and now OOTP won't run.

I sent a support ticket and received a reply saying that my license had been reset and I should be good. If not, try manually installing license without internet. Neither of these options worked. I replied to email 2 different times but haven't received any response.

When I try to open the game, main screen comes up, the only options are purchase, enter license key and settings. When I click purchase, the expected screen comes up. Don't want to do that.

I click enter license key. The box pops up with my license number already entered. When I click OK, the screen locks up and I have to quit by task manager. I have tried removing the license number, etc..nothing works. It is always already entered when I click this button.

I clicked on settings, hoping I could do something with the license there. However, I don't have any option concerning license in any of the tabs.

I uninstalled and reinstalled game but the same situation occurred.

Any ideas? It seems like the game won't let go of the license and let me re license. I've tried everything I can think of but it's been a couple of weeks without OOTP and I'm wanting to play.

Appreciate any help
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:13 PM   #1830
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
I upgraded to Windows 10 quite a while back and had no issues with OOTP for months. A couple of weeks ago, Windows 10 did an update and now OOTP won't run.

I sent a support ticket and received a reply saying that my license had been reset and I should be good. If not, try manually installing license without internet. Neither of these options worked. I replied to email 2 different times but haven't received any response.

When I try to open the game, main screen comes up, the only options are purchase, enter license key and settings. When I click purchase, the expected screen comes up. Don't want to do that.

I click enter license key. The box pops up with my license number already entered. When I click OK, the screen locks up and I have to quit by task manager. I have tried removing the license number, etc..nothing works. It is always already entered when I click this button.

I clicked on settings, hoping I could do something with the license there. However, I don't have any option concerning license in any of the tabs.

I uninstalled and reinstalled game but the same situation occurred.

Any ideas? It seems like the game won't let go of the license and let me re license. I've tried everything I can think of but it's been a couple of weeks without OOTP and I'm wanting to play.

Appreciate any help
Last windows 10 update forked up a lot of stuff with sound and graphics drivers on a lot of machines at work, but could be it bit you too
Old 02-19-2016, 09:58 AM   #1831
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Not sure if this was addressed, but there is a minor crashing issue with the real time sim. After the game is over, the "enter game" button on the right still appears, and the game crashes when clicked. It's more apparent when it's after the first game of a double-header ended, but before the second game starts.
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:50 AM   #1832
markprior22
All Star Starter

This is the message I get when I try to activate license ( license # is already populated when I click activate)

eWeb_ActivateSerialNumber returned 0xE0A00001 (ACTIVATION_UNEXPECTED_FAILURE)

Response from tech support said they released/reset a license so that shouldn't be the problem.

Have no idea what else to try and not getting any more response from tech support.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:03 PM   #1833
adion
All Star Starter

Players photos don't up date in the game screen

I have update some players pictures and the show up when you select the players from the teams players list and on the statistics page but not in the game screen. I have forced updates but the updated photos still do not show on the game screen. How do I fix this?
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 04:16 PM   #1834
daguruvjt
Bat Boy

Angry Schedule woes...stuck in spring training

I had a terrible series of events befall my game:
-I simulate through spring training, and let the AI adjust the rosters at the end of the spring right before opening day.
-At some point during the simming of spring training, I lost power and my PC shut down.
-Restarted the PC loaded up the game, and the game was at April 1, 2030 (Opening Day). I checked my GM mail, and I got the Opening Day message.
-I look at the rosters, and the active roster says 60/60 (Spring Training). I select "Allow AI to setup entire organization, lineups, etc.".
-The AI does nothing to any of the rosters. So, I figure I'll just do it manually, and I reassign players until I hit my 25 man roster limit.
-I press "play" and the first game plays fine.
-I try to advance a day, and the team I am playing now also has 60/60 (spring training) as it's active roster!
-If I try to sim to a date later in the season, I get the same result, a popup indicating my opponent has an illegal roster, or spring training invites still on the roster.

It appears the game won't recognize Spring Training ended, and the regular season began. I've tried to restore from a backup but the backup loads up and I am at the same place! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing changes.

I am kind of sad, as it looks like I'll have to start over from scratch...15 seasons in, all sorts of subleagues and history...all gone.

V.
daguruvjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:46 PM   #1835
oskever
Bat Boy

I have tried everything I can think of but I can't make the game recognize my online .lg file that I downloaded. I have it saved to my save_games folder.
oskever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:52 PM   #1836
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskever View Post
I have tried everything I can think of but I can't make the game recognize my online .lg file that I downloaded. I have it saved to my save_games folder.
You might have typoed the folder name. It's saved_games with a D.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:44 PM   #1837
Spindel
All Star Reserve

Newly called up players/rookies/prospects are extremely susceptible to signing max length contracts for small amounts of money relative to what they could make in future earnings. 80/80 prospects shouldn't be willing to sign 10 year deals for 1.4 mil per year.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:33 PM   #1838
markprior22
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
This is the message I get when I try to activate license ( license # is already populated when I click activate)

eWeb_ActivateSerialNumber returned 0xE0A00001 (ACTIVATION_UNEXPECTED_FAILURE)

Response from tech support said they released/reset a license so that shouldn't be the problem.

Have no idea what else to try and not getting any more response from tech support.
I sure wish I could get some help from tech support. I filed a ticket (#14912) 3 weeks ago. Got a pretty speedy response with a couple basic things to try. Neither of those proposed solutions worked in my case. I replied to email as instructed, followed up days later and still have received no response.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:49 AM   #1839
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Well, there: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...aft-picks.html

It can't be reproduced, though.

Maybe I need to post this to the gypsy curse thread after all.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 09:08 AM   #1840
as5680
All Star Starter

Leaderboard Appearances

I have noticed an issue with Leaderboard Appearances on player profiles, where no new information is added to them. My game has had different leagues being added to an association at different times, and it seems to me from the profiles I have looked at that no entries have been added once the player's league is in the association.

It doesn't bother me greatly as I rarely look at that section of the profile anyway, but it surely isn't supposed to work like that.
as5680 is offline   Reply With Quote