Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2015, 06:11 AM   #101
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Couldn't some of the stuff that they are working on now be saved for the first update so we don't have too wait so long for the game too be released?
That was the type of thinking that was prevalent leading up to FHM's release.

They're going to be cautious this time around, and that's the right way to go about it.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:25 AM   #102
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

If they are wise they delay this release till september, somewhere near the date NHL hockey or training camps starts. This would give them a few extra months to clean up the entire game, test everything 3 or 4 times + create some sort of fan-based 'interest' around this game release. Something that is really needed in my opinion if they want to make FHM 3 next year.

We all know that with every new release of software there will be bugs, it's normal. The only difference is that OOTP can't have those bugs in this years game, at least not of a level where a game becomes unplayable which is mostly the case with every sports game in the first 2 months.. They really need to be on their A game when they release FHM 2 and it better be good.
Developers maybe have pressed delete on last year and started a new project with a clean late but people ( customers ) don't think like that. They will always remember the mess of last year and when this game releases and it becomes 'unplayable' <-- broad term I know, because of bugs they will tell you so. They won't mind pulling all old garbage from last years game just to make a point.

Just saying,... use this extra time to market the game better. Pull some interests online because from what I'm seeing most of those forums are so quiet - and if those topics here with a few screenshots should get us rocking. I don't know how many copies you'd sell.
Maybe from the developers side of things this game will be rocking but the business side of things aren't looking very bright to be honest.

Just saying, releasing a hockey game during the summer when there is less interested in hockey in general or releasing a soccer game during the winter. I don't know if that's the best date on the calendar to release a game like this.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:36 AM   #103
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crombeen View Post
If they are wise they delay this release till september, somewhere near the date NHL hockey or training camps starts. This would give them a few extra months to clean up the entire game, test everything 3 or 4 times + create some sort of fan-based 'interest' around this game release. Something that is really needed in my opinion if they want to make FHM 3 next year.

We all know that with every new release of software there will be bugs, it's normal. The only difference is that OOTP can't have those bugs in this years game, at least not of a level where a game becomes unplayable which is mostly the case with every sports game in the first 2 months.. They really need to be on their A game when they release FHM 2 and it better be good.
Developers maybe have pressed delete on last year and started a new project with a clean late but people ( customers ) don't think like that. They will always remember the mess of last year and when this game releases and it becomes 'unplayable' <-- broad term I know, because of bugs they will tell you so. They won't mind pulling all old garbage from last years game just to make a point.

Just saying,... use this extra time to market the game better. Pull some interests online because from what I'm seeing most of those forums are so quiet - and if those topics here with a few screenshots should get us rocking. I don't know how many copies you'd sell.
Maybe from the developers side of things this game will be rocking but the business side of things aren't looking very bright to be honest.

Just saying, releasing a hockey game during the summer when there is less interested in hockey in general or releasing a soccer game during the winter. I don't know if that's the best date on the calendar to release a game like this.
I would tend to agree with you but in a sense, hockey's offseason should really be done in a few weeks if that's when they choose to release the game. Most NHL rosters could be made by then.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:42 AM   #104
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

I'd hate to have to wait until September just for the fact I'd have to split more time between FHM 2 and NHL 16.

I'd obviously still buy both games, but waiting to release in September might convince people just to buy NHL 16 instead.

Two different games, but if Be a GM Mode is drastically improved this year it could be enough to satisfy the average person.
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:37 AM   #105
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure why the teaser thread turned into the release speculation thread, but my 2 cents, for whatever it's worth.

There's really no sense debating/arguing/suggesting things for when and how the game should be released. In the end, this is the livelihood of the developers that's at play here and they ultimately will be the ones deciding what they feel is best for the product.

Also, for the person who said waiting until hockey season starts would be a better solution .. to play devil's advocate, if the game is out earlier (as is expected), than it likely brings us to the point that a patch or two has also come out once hockey season starts and the game will be even more stable once the masses are thinking puck again.

The game being solid will be the ultimately selling point, regardless of month. People are still buying FHM 2014 on Steam too in the last couple months so we think demand and buzz can still be there regardless.

Anyway, in the end, the game will drop when it's ready and not a moment before. That will continue to be the company stance. Big steps are being taken towards that goal every day - of that I can assure you.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:44 AM   #106
tward13
All Star Starter

Thanks Cole, but expect 20 more different angles on when, where, how it should be released, advertised, sold anyway.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:50 AM   #107
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Thanks Cole, but expect 20 more different angles on when, where, how it should be released, advertised, sold anyway.
That's OK too, people are more than entitled to their opinion and it does help to get a sense of what the community is feeling, of course. Keeps things lively in here
Old 07-07-2015, 11:19 AM   #108
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

I can't wait for this release.
But I think I have a problem. I just wasted 2 min watching McDavid score 5 goals in a meaningless 4-on-4 exhibition game during the Oilers prospect camp.

FHM2 can't get released fast enough.
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #109
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
How much?
I would start at $50.

Tone of the staff is very defensive.
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 02:06 PM   #110
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJDelaney View Post
I would start at $50.

Tone of the staff is very defensive.
You misspelled "cautious".
Old 07-07-2015, 05:49 PM   #111
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

No.

Reading some of their posts, i make them out to be defensive.

I am not knocking them at all. No need to defend them.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:34 AM   #112
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

We'll see, we'll see...

I'll let them surprise me, my only feature request is adding FHM 2 into the Mac App Store.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:58 AM   #113
EJ
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
No.

Reading some of their posts, i make them out to be defensive.

I am not knocking them at all. No need to defend them.
Every good team needs a stout defense.

Last edited by EJ; 07-09-2015 at 10:00 AM.
EJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:10 AM   #114
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
The best offence is a good defence?

#ClichesForDays
Old 07-12-2015, 09:41 AM   #115
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
I thought every good team needs a stout ale to celebrate with???

I recommend a 4 on 4 programmer challenge for this week followed by this new fangled 3 on 3 overtime thingy until it comes out, No rest until Keith Primeau scores again!
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:46 PM   #116
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjdelaney View Post
i am betting that just before the season starts in october is when we will have the game.

Another 2 1/2 months of "tweaking", the rosters will be up to date, etc.

I know, "when its ready"

just my opinion.
Called It, back on 7/6

Last edited by KJDelaney; 09-02-2015 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:15 AM   #117
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Called It, back on 7/6
You did indeed. Your prize ... you get to play FHM 2 on Sept. 28 ... If you wish
Old 09-03-2015, 07:21 PM   #118
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
You did indeed. Your prize ... you get to play FHM 2 on Sept. 28 ... If you wish
Not sure yet. We'll see