Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
Miggs
Bat Boy

1977 draft pool missing notable rookies (Baines, Barfield, Bass, Dotson etc.)

Just finished my 1977 historical league season and I've noticed the imported draft pool is missing several notable players, included players drafted quite high (ie. Baines at 1st overall, Dotson at 7th overall, Bass at 29th overall etc.).

My "Historical Rookie Settings" are set to "automatically import historical rookies" which it looks like it did correctly (ie. Paul Molitor is there, Terry Kennedy is there...it's definitely the 1977 draft class).

Why is the draft class missing so many players?

I thought it might have to do with the number or rounds selected, but that was set to 20...meaning 20 rounds x 26 teams = 520 players, correct? My draft pool only contains 148 players...

The database path for importing the historical rookies is "...OOTP Baseball 15\Stats" - is that not the correct path (it should be the default as I haven't touched it).

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I was really looking forward to the draft, but having so many great players missing really hurts.
Miggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #2
Miggs
Bat Boy

I've got the answer I was looking for so this thread can be closed. Looks like the draft pool contains only players who made their MLB debut the following year and isn't based on the actual draft year (ie. Tim Raines was drafted in 1977 but didn't debut for the Expos until 1979 and is therefore not in the 1977 draft pool class...whereas Molitor who made his debut for Milwaukee in 1978 is in the draft pool of 1977). That would explain why the draft pool is so small and missing so many quality players.

Cheers

Last edited by Miggs; 06-17-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Miggs is offline   Reply With Quote