Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #21
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Using an iPad mini but have literally played for 30 mins on the train to work this morning....

One bug and one request

Bug - using the editor it is possible to change a player (based at another team) from Closer to Reliever .... If you want to change them back then the closer option doesn't appear within the drop down position menu - but Reliever does strangely

Request - can injury be added to the editor?

Last edited by Disco Dog 13; 04-17-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:21 PM   #22
Royals
Minors (Double A)

iPad 3

Scrolling up or down is very difficult. It is so difficult it is rather annoying.

KCRoyals
Royals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #23
nate9485
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just finished simming my first full season and see that there is a bug with announcing the playoff teams. The last sentence says: "The playoffs get underway with these games: [#2string]." In last years version, I also noticed a similar bug where nothing would show after the ":" in the message.
nate9485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #24
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen, but in the editor (which is amazing, by the way), a pitcher's movement rating maxes out in the 70s (1-100 scale) even when I edit it as high as I can. I've seen pitchers automatically set above the max (like in the 230s) so their ratings are in the 80s are so. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

I'm using an iPad mini, for the record.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #25
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

Love the player editor. But it's a guessing game to change nationality. When you tap on mystery space the nationality will change.
Name:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  44.0 KB
Am I missing something? I can't find the name of the World Champions.
Name:  photo 3.PNG
Views: 570
Size:  257.4 KB
Minor cut off of words issue.
Name:  photo 2.PNG
Views: 527
Size:  200.7 KB

Last edited by Panchobamba; 04-17-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Panchobamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #26
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

Woops, sorry about that huge screen shot. Don't know what happened.

Okay fixed it.

Last edited by Panchobamba; 04-17-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:54 PM   #27
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I will go through the screens over the weekend and try to fix as many cosmetic things as possible (I always have to check on 5 different devices to make sure everything fits).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchobamba View Post
Love the player editor. But it's a guessing game to change nationality. When you tap on mystery space the nationality will change.
Attachment 335627
Am I missing something? I can't find the name of the World Champions.
Attachment 335624
Minor cut off of words issue.
Attachment 335625
Old 04-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #28
lgkeeper
All Star Starter

Loving the game so far.

Playing on iPhone5 and agree the delay - especially when news/email are involved is a bit annoying. Different than '13. Also, when you change the orientation of the phone (flip it) some buttons don't work (any bottom menu buttons)

Great job guys - appreciate the work!!
lgkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:46 PM   #29
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I will go through the screens over the weekend and try to fix as many cosmetic things as possible (I always have to check on 5 different devices to make sure everything fits).
On iPhone 4s, I had a problem with font contrast. I was trying to give a contract extension to Jose A Bautista of the Toronto Blue Jays but he wanted to test free agency and wasn't open to an extension. The message at the top of the Offer Extension screen was black on a mottled blue, making it mostly unreadable. I can post a screenshot if it'll help but I imagine that it'll be easy to reproduce.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:55 PM   #30
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

The past champions screen is messed up
KingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:08 PM   #31
Panchobamba
Minors (Double A)

On trading screen-When you select the action button to make deal work, the ADD choice on right side is cut off (barely visible) enough to make it hard to access.

There is a lengthy hang up when accessing the HOF. There were 16 players in it. I use an ipad retina 4.

Last edited by Panchobamba; 04-18-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #32
bodajmac
Bat Boy

when choosing the Finish The Week option on Ipad Air i'm not seeing the updated W-L count (on the Simulating... popup) which is familiar from previous versions of the game and am missing this a lot. was this a deliberate removal or is this a bug?

excellent game btw!
bodajmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #33
Ike348
All Star Starter

Sometimes when I need to type something (editing a team, player search, etc.), I tap the box and the keyboard appears but the box isn't selected so I can't type.

Feature suggestion: Confirmation screen on "Finish week". I like to do things fast, so when I want to go to league info or something my finger slips and I hit "finish week". Luckily I was able to force crash the game.

And this has been brought up before but a confirmation screen on the "ask AI to set up entire team" is absolutely necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:34 PM   #34
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Also, I think that you should be able to view player numbers, nicknames, etc. without entering the player editor (I know you can see nicknames when offering a contract or AI-picking a draft, but still). Those should come up with the basic player info when you're viewing them.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:40 PM   #35
rdale
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Gardner was hurt on hitting a double -- Suzuki came in as a PR yet is shown as a PH.
rdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:23 AM   #36
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

When in playoffs, sometimes when the series is (for ex.) 2-1 Baltimore > Boston, the series will show up as 2 - .

2 - .

Two - dot
KingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #37
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

My iootp crashes a lot!!! I haven't even finished one season, and it crashes like every 5 games. It's very annoying and bothersome, also it lags
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #38
ross_ntu
Bat Boy

I'm not sure if this is linked to the issues with email mentioned already, but personally I am finding the buttons unresponsive at various times- there have been occasions where I have clicked and there has been no response, and I have had to try again,clicking very deliberately and more firmly than I would usually in other apps. Also, possibly related, I find that the swipe to move screens is too responsive and that at times when I am trying to select I end up moving pages, which is frustrating when I'm in the middle of setting up a trade.

That said, I got really addicted last night - playing until 2am trying to improve the Phillies.
ross_ntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 01:27 AM   #39
Masson26
Minors (Single A)

I am havin issues with the action view and back buttons not responding on my iPhone 4s
Masson26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:03 AM   #40
aceyprime
Minors (Rookie Ball)

If you play with the home button on the left then buttons are highly unresponsive - this has been the issue with every version of iOOTP. If you play with home button on the right then everything is fine. Is there any way to get this fixed?
aceyprime is offline   Reply With Quote