Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 03-13-2014, 08:55 PM   #81
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtneedsaride View Post
I'd also like to see the pitch count listed on screen. It's frustrating not knowing the pitch count if I've already left the dialogue with the cartoony announcer.

And for some reason, my taps don't register right on a box. I have to tap above the box I want to select. I often end up bunting when I am trying to take a pitch. And I sometimes wish I could take a pitch with a full count instead of having to swing. If I am playing manually, I should be able to take all the pitches.

To view pitch count switch to batter/pitcher view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:24 PM   #82
IAmC
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtneedsaride View Post

And for some reason, my taps don't register right on a box. I have to tap above the box I want to select. I often end up bunting when I am trying to take a pitch.
Although we might not be experiencing the same phenomenon at the same time, I have experienced this as well. I've found that rebooting my iPhone makes it better.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #83
nate9485
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've had issues on both my iPhone and iPad with taps not registering correctly. Sometimes flipping my device helps, but not always. This has been an issue for at least 2012 and 2013, can't remember if I saw it in the 2011 version or not.
nate9485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:14 AM   #84
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

Flipping the phone sometimes helps...
Old 03-16-2014, 12:15 AM   #85
paul.m.w.
Major Leagues

Oops already covered.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:21 AM   #86
conncarroll
Bat Boy

"Also tired of seeing real life starters become nothing more than middle relievers. I've even tried converting them to starters, to no avail."
I've never seen a pitcher rated MR develop into a starter. Doyle Alexander, Bob Knepper, Joaquin Anduar, are just some of the pitchers who should develop into good-to-great SPs that forever get stuck at MR.
This has to be fixed.
conncarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #87
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I so agree with miker ... Although Would prefer to see it on every platform and hopefully on Android as well soon
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:08 PM   #88
BradC
All Star Starter

An Android version is in the works and should be released this year, but no guarantees at this point.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:44 PM   #89
A-stro24
Bat Boy

Improvements

- gm should receive updates on player development
- ability to be fired
- to have more similar contract talks to ootp
- minor league free agents and finances should be added.
A-stro24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:21 PM   #90
williamrecruiter
Bat Boy

Release Date

Been reading a little does anyone know the official release date?

Thanks for the work I love the game.
williamrecruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:32 PM   #91
BradC
All Star Starter

Apple approved the app for sale on 4/17. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:33 PM   #92
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Any plans for android?
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #93
isaacgood11
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Apple approved the app for sale on 4/17. Thanks.
Wait, so just to clarify, this is the exact release date if iOOTP14?

Thanks in advance!
isaacgood11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:33 PM   #94
BradC
All Star Starter

The exact release date is 4/17.

Yes, we are working on an Android version. I have seen the game boot on an Android tablet, so we have made some progress, but there's still more work to be done. My guess is it will be out sometime this summer.

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:34 AM   #95
Dkelley
Minors (Double A)

I also think that there should be scouting in this game so that you can be more fortunate in the draft. Also, there needs to be more rounds in the draft, but there also needs to be more starting pitchers that have high potentials and good stamina ratings, because after the first round they are all gone, sometimes even in the top 15 picks.
Dkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #96
KingxX
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkelley View Post
I also think that there should be scouting in this game so that you can be more fortunate in the draft. Also, there needs to be more rounds in the draft, but there also needs to be more starting pitchers that have high potentials and good stamina ratings, because after the first round they are all gone, sometimes even in the top 15 picks.
This. x1000
KingxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:56 AM   #97
ricealum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by conncarroll View Post
"Also tired of seeing real life starters become nothing more than middle relievers. I've even tried converting them to starters, to no avail."
I've never seen a pitcher rated MR develop into a starter. Doyle Alexander, Bob Knepper, Joaquin Anduar, are just some of the pitchers who should develop into good-to-great SPs that forever get stuck at MR.
Maybe this is a difference with historical and fictional leagues. I play fictional and have found some good starters in other teams' bullpens.I just had a guy go 21-3 as a #4 starter and his expectation was "bullpen assignment."

My gripe with pitchers is that the stamina rating never seems to change. I had a MR develop an adequate third pitch and I used him as an emergency starter after a season ending injury. He did OK, even winning a world series game, but his stamina stayed at 7.
ricealum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:34 AM   #98
ricealum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RQIII View Post
Hit streak tracker? Simple but fun, it can sometimes be like a game inside of itself.
Hit streaks are a great example of things the game does not track that I would love to see. Another is records (game, season, and career) for things like HR, RBI, SB, hits, walks, saves, strikeouts, etc. I'd love to be told when a player has broken a record, or at least be able to see what the record IS. I once had a player get 11 RBI in a game with no mention of it by the news service. Is that historic? I have no idea. Or someone getting 6 PA, all walks. No mention.

Along the same lines, I'd like to see unofficial awards like the triple crown (batting and pitching) and the batting title show up on the Player Awards page.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #99
ricealum
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Brian View Post
Does this actually even happen in iOOTP? I've yet to see it. I have tons of players that never advance beyond 22/100. Any player drafted with high ratings is in the majors from the start. Never saw this after playing 40 seasons.
Players develop defensively, but only with major league playing time. Actual games played. I once took a decent SS with 0 for 3B and made him into a glove wizard winning 3B. But I had to suffer through a lot of errors at third along the way....