Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-28-2019, 09:55 PM   #141
GMO123
Major Leagues

When I exit FHM6 it seems to save the game.

Is there an option to quit FHM6 without saving it?
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 11:44 PM   #142
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMO123 View Post
In Roster/Action Menu the AI assistant can do various tasks (setup org, dress players, set roles).

Is this 'AI Assistant' one of the assistant coaches of the team or the generic AI of the game/computer? or something else?

Does the AI assistant make decisions using the tactics of the team and ability/strength of the players on the team or other factors?
The AI will make the best team it can from what you've assembled your roster to be.

Quote:

I don't believe so, although you can change the frequency of saves in File > Options when in game. I don't think disabling it though stops when you close the game.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:19 AM   #143
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:

Other than shutting it down via task manager, no (but don't do that mid-save, that'll get your save corrupted.)

I've suggested adding a yes/no option for saving on exit, but haven't been able to convince anyone else here that we should go ahead with it. Forced saves are a weird convention of sports management games; I think Football Manager was the one that started that and OOTP adhered to it. I never understood the need, since you can get around it so easily; it just seems like a deliberate inconvenience to the user.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:20 AM   #144
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Under Manager options/ Team Control settings you can let your assistant perform various tasks such as Scouting, Setting Training etc.

Who is this 'Assistant'?
Is it one of the team's assistant coaches?

What factors does the assistance use to determine lineups and tactics, roster moves etc.?
The game AI (the same one non-human-owned teams have), using your own ratings when they're needed.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:55 AM   #145
Baelor
Bat Boy

Before I purchase the game, I have a few questions.

1. Does FHM 6 have the ability to turn player development and player auto-retirement off?

2. Does FHM 6 have the ability to control all teams in a league at once and play through with full control of all teams (essentially turning off any possible decisions the AI can make in terms of roster management and strategy)?

3. Does FHM 6 have an exportable league index that can be hosted online?

Thank you, will appreciate responses to these questions.

Last edited by Baelor; 10-29-2019 at 05:56 AM.
Baelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 08:24 AM   #146
Bigdummie
Major Leagues

Is there a way to see all of my draft picks, prospects? I am unable to find the menu. It would be nice to see how all of the players are progressing. (hopefully) Thanks for any info.
Bigdummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:09 PM   #147
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Other than shutting it down via task manager, no (but don't do that mid-save, that'll get your save corrupted.)

I've suggested adding a yes/no option for saving on exit, but haven't been able to convince anyone else here that we should go ahead with it. Forced saves are a weird convention of sports management games; I think Football Manager was the one that started that and OOTP adhered to it. I never understood the need, since you can get around it so easily; it just seems like a deliberate inconvenience to the user.
I may be alone, but I find it so comfortable to have it saving automatically once you push exit the game. Of course, as you said, adding a "yes/no" option would cost me just one click and thus it would not be a big deal. Just to voice another opinion.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:51 PM   #148
GMO123
Major Leagues

"In Roster/Action Menu the AI assistant can do various tasks (setup org, dress players, set roles).

Is this 'AI Assistant' one of the assistant coaches of the team or the generic AI of the game/computer? or something else?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
The AI will make the best team it can from what you've assembled your roster to be.

So from your answer I presume the 'AI assistant' is not one of my assistant coaches but is the game AI.

Last edited by GMO123; 10-29-2019 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:53 PM   #149
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baelor View Post
Before I purchase the game, I have a few questions.

1. Does FHM 6 have the ability to turn player development and player auto-retirement off?

2. Does FHM 6 have the ability to control all teams in a league at once and play through with full control of all teams (essentially turning off any possible decisions the AI can make in terms of roster management and strategy)?

3. Does FHM 6 have an exportable league index that can be hosted online?

Thank you, will appreciate responses to these questions.
1. No - although you can use Recalculations in Historical if you prefer, but you can't turn off retirements.
2. Yes, if you create an online league,and simply play it offline.
3. FHM6 online is no different than 5, other than the improvements we've made to the game overall at the current time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdummie View Post
Is there a way to see all of my draft picks, prospects? I am unable to find the menu. It would be nice to see how all of the players are progressing. (hopefully) Thanks for any info.
In a specific order? No. But you can see your top ranked ones through your Depth Chart listed or on your depth chart. You can also find them under unsigned draftees, and change the drop down to Ratings.

Last edited by Adam B; 10-29-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:08 PM   #150
GMO123
Major Leagues

When playing a game, a match (not simming it) currently it stops at the end of each period.

Is there an option to not stop at the end of each period and keep going until the end of the game?
Old 10-29-2019, 03:38 PM   #151
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When playing a game, a match (not simming it) currently it stops at the end of each period.

Is there an option to not stop at the end of each period and keep going until the end of the game?
There's the "sim to end" option
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:31 PM   #152
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

When it comes to expansion league other then NHL so like major junior leagues on July 1st is it will signing UFAs only or so those leagues have expansion drafts as well..
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:34 PM   #153
Northernsky
Major Leagues

You guys going to be on twitch soon? I am assuming the OOTP guys are getting all the time due to the World Series.
Northernsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 04:36 PM   #154
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
There's the "sim to end" option

I may be wrong but it sounds like he is watching the game unfold and doesn’t want a pause at the end of a period. Sim to end wont give him what he is looking for. If thats the case I believe the answer to his question is no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 07:28 PM   #155
GMO123
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I may be wrong but it sounds like he is watching the game unfold and doesn’t want a pause at the end of a period. Sim to end wont give him what he is looking for. If thats the case I believe the answer to his question is no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are correct.
I watch the game but don't want a pause at the end of periods.
Minor but it would nice to have that option.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:31 PM   #156
GMO123
Major Leagues

In the manual, Tactical Roles, it says

"Fit Score

Assigning suitable tactical roles to your players is very important. Each player is assigned a numerical rating from 1-20 in every role he is eligible to play. The higher the numbers (they go up to 5), the better he is at performing that tactical role. Players are only assigned one tactical role; this guides their play in all situations.".

The part I don't understand is where it says "(they go up to 5)".
The role numbers, as mentioned, go from 1 to 20.

What goes up to 5?
Old 10-29-2019, 09:56 PM   #157
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
In the manual, Tactical Roles, it says

"Fit Score

Assigning suitable tactical roles to your players is very important. Each player is assigned a numerical rating from 1-20 in every role he is eligible to play. The higher the numbers (they go up to 5), the better he is at performing that tactical role. Players are only assigned one tactical role; this guides their play in all situations.".

The part I don't understand is where it says "(they go up to 5)".
The role numbers, as mentioned, go from 1 to 20.

What goes up to 5?
Oops, I'll fix that in the manual. It's 1-20; we had it 1-5 at one point but that didn't make for fine enough distinctions.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:58 PM   #158
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernsky View Post
You guys going to be on twitch soon? I am assuming the OOTP guys are getting all the time due to the World Series.
Tomorrow night, our usual Wednesday at 7 Pacific/10 Eastern.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:04 AM   #159
Chicken Swede
Bat Boy

Hi,
Just about to buy FHM 6: I have two short questions though.

Are you able to modify how many fight/penalties there are in a season (or over a period of years) and how high/low the scoring numbers are?

Asking as I would like to replicate different eras in custom mode.
Chicken Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 01:53 PM   #160
DrunkenTeddy
Major Leagues

Do players learn the primary language of the league they are playing in over time in FHM6?

I see there are penalties to players not being able to communicate with anyone on their team, but most players should slowly learn the language of the leagues they play in and I've noticed that in FHM5 this didn't really happen.

Last edited by DrunkenTeddy; 10-30-2019 at 02:16 PM.
DrunkenTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote