Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-18-2019, 02:15 PM   #1
Goalie123
Bat Boy

Custom League

Ever since FHM 1 I have had this idea for a custom league that I have really wanted to try but unfortunately it has not been possible yet. I am hoping that I will be able to do something close in
a future version.
I just figured I would share it and maybe get some thoughts/feedback.

I will try and make this as clear as I can but forgive me if it is a little confusing.

It would be a three tier league system operating with basic NHL rules unless otherwise noted. The number of teams would probably need to be
adjusted to ensure each level is properly populated.

First off I would ideally like this league to be able to use historical players in a "Random Debut" setup like in Historical Mode.

Tier III - Open League
-20 teams
-Lowest Salary
-Two round draft
-Players generated at 15 years old
-Undrafted players become FA
-No age restrictions
(If he is good enough at 15 he can play)
-No Minor league system
(Speed up simulation and tier III is basically the minor league anyways)
-Year round buyouts
-Max contracts 35

Tier I - Elite League
-4 teams
(This is to make sure it is only the very best players are going head to head)
-No Minor league system
-Highest Salary
-One round Entry Draft
-Players 21+ eligible
-Undrafted players become FA
(This is so each year all four teams are "guaranteed" at least one good player)
-Ages 21-31.
(Each player has a max of 10 years or 820 games in what should be their prime with a few exceptions to make their mark.)
(This should make comparing players peaks much easier I.E. you wont have a player hanging on until he is 44 and washed up just so he can jump a
couple more players in the all time points list while playing in 300 more games)
-Year round buyouts
-Max contracts 25
(This is so teams wont stock up with players draining the lower levels of talent)
-Injured players will still count to the contract max meaning managers may have to make some tough decisions cutting a injured player
so they can make room to sign a player and ice a full lineup. (Or they could always play shorthanded if they don't want to cut anyone)

Tier II - Senior League
-6 teams
-No Minor league system
-Medium Salary
-Ages 32+
-Year round buyouts
-Max contracts 25

So basically the idea is a player will start out in Tier III until the age of 21 where if he is good enough he can sign in Tier I,
if not he continues in Tier III (Note: A player can get "called up" to Tier I at any age between 21-31. Just because they didn't make it at 21 doesn't mean they won't later).
Then at the age of 32 he will have a chance to make the Senior League if he is good enough (Both players from Tier I & III are eligible).
I am not sure how well this system would work in practice.

I probably forgot a few things but that is a basic summary of what I had in mind.

Note: Is it possible to do something like this in OOTP20? I am not a big baseball fan but would consider buying it if I could make a similar league structure in it.

Edit: For some reason it is not showing the indentations to make everything a bit easier to read.

Last edited by Goalie123; 10-18-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Goalie123 is offline   Reply With Quote