Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:29 AM   #1
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Tie Breaker Procedures?

How do things differ in OOTP20 compared to other editions of OOTP?

I am playing OOTP19 and the Kentucky Hilltoppers just lost three straight tie breaker games over 3 days put still advanced in the wildcard round against Chicago Mustangs. I would hope something like that won't happen in OOTP20.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:40 AM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

We completely rewrote the tiebreaking code, and even added a page where you can see the list of the league tiebreakers scheduled and upcoming, so it should be quite obvious how things play out
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:05 AM   #3
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
We completely rewrote the tiebreaking code, and even added a page where you can see the list of the league tiebreakers scheduled and upcoming, so it should be quite obvious how things play out
I wish that my playoff system would work along with tie breakers.

70 team playoff
58 team first round bye
12 remaining play creating 6 winners
previous 6 winners play along with 58 teams receiving bye
64 teams
32 teams
16 teams
8 teams
4 teams
championship series
Old 03-23-2019, 08:27 AM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I wish that my playoff system would work along with tie breakers.

70 team playoff
58 team first round bye
12 remaining play creating 6 winners
previous 6 winners play along with 58 teams receiving bye
64 teams
32 teams
16 teams
8 teams
4 teams
championship series
First off, tiebreakers are completely separate from actual playoff issues. So there's no reason that tiebreakers won't work for one playoff setup while they do for another.

Also, I know we've done some changes recently to get rid of some hard limits we had. I don't know if I've actually tested a playoff setup that big, but how was it failing for you?
Old 03-23-2019, 09:04 AM   #5
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
First off, tiebreakers are completely separate from actual playoff issues. So there's no reason that tiebreakers won't work for one playoff setup while they do for another.

Also, I know we've done some changes recently to get rid of some hard limits we had. I don't know if I've actually tested a playoff setup that big, but how was it failing for you?
Like I mentioned a 12 team first round which means 6 games.

My Midwest League only had 3 games which means 6 teams were missing.
Going into the next round there are only 48 teams(24 series) which will eventually mean 12 series then 6 then 3 then someone gets left out.

Years ago this playoff format did work and for now it hasn't worked for awhile.

Test the 70 team format and see what happen's. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:13 AM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Okay, looking into this, looks like there was one bug which could screw up playoff fixtures for really large leagues, so we'll look to fix that in a patch early next week.

But otherwise, as I said before, tiebreakers are completely separate from the playoff setup. Were those actual tiebreaker games to get to the playoffs, or was it some bad first round scheduling?
Old 03-23-2019, 10:41 AM   #7
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Thanks-that was fast.

Yeah-those tie breakers where season ending to qualify for the playoffs but if a team lost all three games they had no business advancing in the playoffs and it would be funny if they won the championship.

Another thing-off subject.

I imported 2 leagues over to OOTP20 and I noticed the close of the regular season was late November. Oops I don't know what happened. Hopefully when my season ends (sometime in October) the playoffs will begin but if they don't start until late November then it would run into the following year and then we could have all kinds of problems since I don't think OOTP20 would handle the off season properly because many players retire,etc.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 03-23-2019 at 10:42 AM.