Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 03-04-2018, 09:47 AM   #1
wilkiburger14
Minors (Double A)

Mistake or me?

Hi, Ive just started really getting into this managing my team Lightning (Since 98 btw!)

It took a while for me to get on with the game as statistical recording bugs, and they really bothered me!

However , I thought everything was running smoothyly until just now.

I just won 3-0 v Penguins and I noticed that my second line were all plus 3, I was enthralled as my no 1 line not getting anything, but then I looked and Stamkos had an assist, but he has no plus point?, the line got all the 3 points, nothing for Stamkos for getting an assist.

This has really irked me!!, is this right?
wilkiburger14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:45 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

He probably got the assist on a power play goal. Those don't count on plus-minus.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:53 AM   #3
wilkiburger14
Minors (Double A)

Sorry Jeff, he didn't, three even strength goals, the line were awarded all three points, however Stamkos, who was not on the third line, was part of one on the second assist
Old 03-05-2018, 07:28 AM   #4
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

I would guess (if I'm reading your post right) that Stamkos was off the ice by the time the goal was scored, hence he didn't get a plus and whoever jumped over boards to replace him got the plus instead.

As an example: Stamkos dumped it in, 2nd line RW then centered it and 2nd line LW scored - but by time goal was scored Stamkos had gone onto the bench for the 2nd line center to get on the ice. He'd still get an assist on the play, but wasn't on ice at the time so he wouldn't get any score on his +/-.

Last edited by Saul Goodman; 03-05-2018 at 07:30 AM.
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:53 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, that's most likely the cause if it wasn't a power play goal. The game engine tracks the last two puck carriers during an uninterrupted possession so assists can be awarded, so if Stamkos passes to someone and then heads to the bench, if Tampa then scores he gets an assist but not a +, which goes to whoever replaced him on the ice. If you check the total plus-minus on the team for every player it should add up to +15 (unless there was a shorthanded goal.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:15 AM   #6
wilkiburger14
Minors (Double A)

Thanks guys, not being an expert on hockey that makes a lot more sense, and since then I’ve watched the commentary carefully and seen the lines change on the fly. Nice and accurate love it!. If I could quickly make a suggestion on this. Is it not an idea to highlight the players on ice?, block capitals is harder to decipher at the standard pace of text ! 😉