Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:51 AM   #101
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

I have the same classic pawns and I don't see where I can change that. Please point me in the right direction.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:54 AM   #102
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartimae View Post
This has to be a problem right?
Do you have player profiles available to view. Even though by name it may not make sense, it may make sense by the player ratings as the game doesnt know the players names just the numbers.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:58 AM   #103
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

On the game options screen, there is a "viewing option" called Detailed Player Pawns. Change it to YES. It can only be done prior to the start of the game.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:00 AM   #104
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
On the game options screen, there is a "viewing option" called Detailed Player Pawns. Change it to YES. It can only be done prior to the start of the game.
Thanks very much, I guess it was because I was trying with the game in progress!

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:02 AM   #105
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Hey guys I imported my game yesterday and I'm just kind of messing around with the settings looking at different ages that I'm avoiding simming into the off-season and waiting for the patch on Friday however when I imported it was right after my annual awards so the only awards left word manager of the year but I noticed that it hit them for me I couldn't pick them myself has anybody had this issue? Also I'm reading a lot about a slow sim. Are many of you having this issue or just isolated incidents?

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:50 AM   #106
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

Aaaaand the issue of custom team colors changing when you load the game still hasn't been fixed.

Also, for the life of me I can't figure out how to add the Arizona Fall League.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:52 AM   #107
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curve Ball Dave View Post
Aaaaand the issue of custom team colors changing when you load the game still hasn't been fixed.

The changing teams colors is very very annoying

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #108
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Game Play

The 3-D game play is stunning. just a sweet flow to everything. My favorite part so far. Lots of stuff moved around. I imagine after weeks of play it'll be agreed by many as best one yet. Gorgeous
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:12 PM   #109
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:

Add new tournament. Select Arizona Fall League as the default tournament option. Keep hitting next until you're done. It shows up as a tournament in-game.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:23 PM   #110
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Add new tournament. Select Arizona Fall League as the default tournament option. Keep hitting next until you're done. It shows up as a tournament in-game.
Thanks, I found it.

Now about those team colors....
Old 03-21-2017, 01:04 PM   #111
MikeS21
Minors (Triple A)

Something I would love to see in a future incarnation of the game is the ability to:

1) Manually send players to international camp. I have about ten 16-17 year old kids (mostly Latin players) on my Rookie A team who need about three years of seasoning before I can make any kind of proper evaluation on them.

2) Assign young players to a similar "Extended Spring Training" so they can continue to develop without actually being assigned to a minor league team.

When you start the game, every minor league level has full rosters, and you have 80 players on one of your Rookie teams. Obviously, there is no way to tell whether you have a stud or a dud at that age. Those Rookie players are far too young to start cutting willy nilly, and even if you did thin out 20-25 duds from the upper minor league rosters, you don't want 17-18 year old kids playing on AA rosters.

Plus, Draft Day is coming and you are getting ready to draft 35 more players to be thrown on top of the 80 that's already on the Rookie roster. There needs to be someway to evaluate what you have before you start cutting players.

It probably would be a programming nightmare, but it would be awesome to send a kid to extended spring training and tell him to work on learning a new pitch ... or learning a new position. Then you can assign him there to develop for a season or two. Same thing with the international camp. Or combine the two into one and call it Development Camp.
MikeS21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:45 PM   #112
HerculeanMonkey
Bat Boy

Challenge Mode - Trading Difficulty

I see that trading difficulty in Challenge Mode is set to normal, not the hardest setting. Is there a way to change that from the onset? It's grayed out because it's Challenge Mode.. Thank you for your great work!!
HerculeanMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:49 PM   #113
mcssports1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury log View Post
Almost every prospect on a team top 30 list in real life has been rated fairly well, but there's a small handful who still need adjusting, and Abreu is one of those guys, unfortunately. They'll be looked at before the public release on Friday, so should look better then, but you'll need to start a new game to see those changes.

There shouldn't be any no-name 'prospects' with good ratings left. If any are appearing on team prospect lists, it's because of how the game is generating those lists (with scouting on, the scouting error might make some guys seem better than they truly are). As Matt said above, that's something else that will be looked at. I'm curious, just so I can check their ratings and confirm they're reasonable - what 'no name prospects' are you seeing near the top of the NYY list?
I wouldn't call him a no-name, but Juan De Leon is rated very highly and he was on the top 100 prospect list. However, am I to understand that that top 100 list is not like some consensus list, it's my personal scouts list?
mcssports1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:53 PM   #114
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerculeanMonkey View Post
I see that trading difficulty in Challenge Mode is set to normal, not the hardest setting. Is there a way to change that from the onset? It's grayed out because it's Challenge Mode.. Thank you for your great work!!

I just read the RTR for Challenge mode and remember it saying it was set to hard?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:55 PM   #115
HerculeanMonkey
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I just read the RTR for Challenge mode and remember it saying it was set to hard?
That's what I thought too except if you go through the settings yourself, you'll see it grayed out and set to normal, not hard. I suppose I could start a new game, set that to hard, and see if the AI will do the same trade as that set in my Challenge mode.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:00 PM   #116
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Thanks, I found it.

Now about those team colors....
I thought it was default actually, cause it lists the teams for each team (that qualify for AFL) I didn't realize you had to add a tournament...

Good to know.

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #117
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcssports1 View Post
I wouldn't call him a no-name, but Juan De Leon is rated very highly and he was on the top 100 prospect list. However, am I to understand that that top 100 list is not like some consensus list, it's my personal scouts list?
The top 100 prospect list and prospect rankings are based off of the OSA basically baseball america or mlb.com per say.
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:45 PM   #118
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcssports1 View Post
There are a few things here:

- the prospect lists you see when you start up the game will be different from what you see if you sim ahead to Opening Day. On the default settings, the game is supposed to generate the "right" prospect lists on Opening Day. I think the game is using some weird info it shouldn't be using to generate the lists when you first start up the game, which is why they might look weird. I've mentioned that on beta, so hopefully it will be looked at for Friday.

- if scouting is on, the game is at least partly using the OSA scouting reports (not your team scout, but the leaguewide scouting service) to generate prospect lists. So that introduces some randomness that might make certain guys rank higher or lower than they would if you ranked them using their true ratings. That might also be adjusted soon, not sure.

- there seems to be an issue right now with the team prospect lists, where the balance of batters and pitchers can be wrong. That's apparently also high on the to-fix list, so should look better in the Friday release.

The most important thing, for playability, is that the true ratings are right. That's true for most of the NYY prospects (if you turn scouting off, and look at their real ratings, the NYY system is loaded, as it should be). There are still a couple of guys who need some attention, but I rated De Leon myself, and he's nowhere close to a top five prospect in their system.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:54 PM   #119
mcssports1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury log View Post
There are a few things here:

- the prospect lists you see when you start up the game will be different from what you see if you sim ahead to Opening Day. On the default settings, the game is supposed to generate the "right" prospect lists on Opening Day. I think the game is using some weird info it shouldn't be using to generate the lists when you first start up the game, which is why they might look weird. I've mentioned that on beta, so hopefully it will be looked at for Friday.

- if scouting is on, the game is at least partly using the OSA scouting reports (not your team scout, but the leaguewide scouting service) to generate prospect lists. So that introduces some randomness that might make certain guys rank higher or lower than they would if you ranked them using their true ratings. That might also be adjusted soon, not sure.

- there seems to be an issue right now with the team prospect lists, where the balance of batters and pitchers can be wrong. That's apparently also high on the to-fix list, so should look better in the Friday release.

The most important thing, for playability, is that the true ratings are right. That's true for most of the NYY prospects (if you turn scouting off, and look at their real ratings, the NYY system is loaded, as it should be). There are still a couple of guys who need some attention, but I rated De Leon myself, and he's nowhere close to a top five prospect in their system.
Got it. Part of my confusion was that the Opening Day prospect list does have De Leon on it, and has Torres down in the late 30s or early 40s when he is pretty much consensus top 5. I was confused by some of these rankings. Personally I think it would make sense if the game just chose one of the various prospect lists like MLB.com, Baseball America, Baseball Prospectus, etc and went off of that.

When I get home I will take a look at the true rankings and see what I think. I know scouting was on, but I was surprised to find a hand full of guys I know are highly regarded in the real world such as Albert Abreu or, to a lesser degree, Ian Clarkin, were 1 star or less and had very little trade value.

Quick question about ratings: what number out of 250 reflects an "average" rating, or a 50 on the 20-80 scale, for a skill set. Because in looking at the numbers, I was thinking that whatever they should be on the 20-80 scale would in theory be multiplied by 250/80 (3.125) to get the number. But taking a closer look I don't think that is true.
mcssports1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:07 PM   #120
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerculeanMonkey View Post
That's what I thought too except if you go through the settings yourself, you'll see it grayed out and set to normal, not hard. I suppose I could start a new game, set that to hard, and see if the AI will do the same trade as that set in my Challenge mode.
Maybe it's coded to hard?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote