Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-08-2016, 04:50 AM   #1
NarWil
Bat Boy

What are the top 3 features, improvements, or bug-fixes that you want for Christmas?

1. Give online leagues the flexibility to limit what their commissioner(s) can see and do. At least let people in an online league see a log of any edits a commissioner makes. It can ruin a league if members are always suspicious of their commissioner for editing players to be good or just viewing their true ratings to make unreasonably informed decisions.
  2. Allow exporting of sortable and filterable player list screen (the sortable one with views and filters, e.g. the lineups screen) as a document type compatible with Excel, such as csv. (This data can already be exported as an html file.)
  3. Fix WAR! It doesn't appear that what you're calling WAR is taking park factors into account in its calculations. This isn't what most people would consider WAR without adjusting for parks. At the very least, accurately describe how it is calculated in your manual. Since there's no standard way to measure WAR, it's a big black box right now and nobody knows what's inside.

edit: I can't believe I forgot this, but hotkeys (!!) should be the number 2 item on my wishlist. Even just simple back and forward hotkeys (alt + left arrow and alt + right arrow perhaps) would be an immense improvement over all of the incessant clicking required to perform any operation in OOTP.

Last edited by NarWil; 12-14-2016 at 06:03 PM.
NarWil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 06:26 AM   #2
deandean1998
Minors (Triple A)

What would be super helpful is a commish log. I know online leagues aren't a major part of the game, but it's needed. I've been part of leagues where the commish edits their team and that ruins something i enjoy.
deandean1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 02:14 PM   #3
David G
Bat Boy

What are the top 3 features, improvements, or bug-fixes that you want for Christmas?

1. As others have said, some way to either monitor or limit the commissioner or commissioners of an online league. I believe online league's make up a more considerable percentage of the player base than the development team realizes.

2. Allow a starter at one position to also be listed as a backup at another. With the emphasis modern baseball is putting on positional versatility, it would be nice to be able to properly utilize multi-positional players.

3. Ability to change ticket prices mid-season. I understand prices get locked to keep people from abusing season ticket sales by loading up on popular players then having a fire sale in March, but it puts players in a rough spot when they expect a good season and set their tickets appropriately, but then have a few key injuries. Then they aren't winning as many games and fans won't come see them play at the higher prices that the player is locked in to.
David G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 03:07 PM   #4
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

1. I know it is unlikely, but true Promotion/Relegation where it is automated and the AI reacts accordingly.

2. The ability to connect a feeder league without a draft...the players would specifically go into their free agent pool. When I try to do a standalone feeder type league it doesn't currently seem like the "Major" league signs the guys who get released from that league, they just hang out in oblivion.

3. Ability to turn off market changes. I like to control the markets in my league and it is a major pain to continually need to check to make sure the game has not adjusted them.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 03:09 PM   #5
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David G View Post
3. Ability to change ticket prices mid-season. I understand prices get locked to keep people from abusing season ticket sales by loading up on popular players then having a fire sale in March, but it puts players in a rough spot when they expect a good season and set their tickets appropriately, but then have a few key injuries. Then they aren't winning as many games and fans won't come see them play at the higher prices that the player is locked in to.
Already in the game as of OOTP 17. Season tickets get sold at whatever you have it set at a certain point, but it is completely editable as the season progresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David G View Post
2. Allow a starter at one position to also be listed as a backup at another. With the emphasis modern baseball is putting on positional versatility, it would be nice to be able to properly utilize multi-positional players.
This one is interesting and I would love to see it improved, but I think it would be really hard to code something like how the Cardinals have used Matt Carpenter at times in recent years where his position is essentially based on the other bats the team would like in the lineup for that day.

Last edited by Rain King; 12-08-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:32 AM   #6
frank_olaf
Minors (Double A)

1. Instead of just be able to offer/accept a one of payment in a trade, you should be able to offer/accept x% of salary paid over the life of the contract i.e. if a player has 4 years at 10mil per year left on his contract and I want to acquire him, I could ask the team that's trading him to pay 50% of his salary for the next 4 years.

2. When using the 'shop a player' feature, I'd also like to get offers of players who aren't on the 40 man roster and also multiple players i.e. we offer you player X and player Y for your player.

3. My biggest pet peeve, I would like a Rule 5 Eligible option in customize view to make it easier to see who is eligible and also see their stats and ratings.
frank_olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 02:38 PM   #7
azepeda
Minors (Double A)

Xmas list

1. have an "Undo" button, I have accidently released all my minor leaguers before and it was a pain to fix all of that.

2. Definitely be able to list starters as backups

3. I want the ability to generate a list of the top 1000 prospects or rank all the prospects on my team. I used to work for CBS Sports, Fox Sports and what is now Yahoo sports, everyone loved the top 100 lists, but they went nuts when I did a top 500 list of the top football recruits in Texas.

BONUS: worry about the extra stuff later and fix the crash issues from the start. I had to disable pictures to make the crashes fewer
azepeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 03:02 PM   #8
CD360
Minors (Single A)

1: International tournaments
2: Player development charts
3: Some basic improvements to associations.
CD360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:41 PM   #9
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Rule 5 Draft Trades.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:04 PM   #10
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
2. The ability to connect a feeder league without a draft...the players would specifically go into their free agent pool. When I try to do a standalone feeder type league it doesn't currently seem like the "Major" league signs the guys who get released from that league, they just hang out in oblivion.
Yes, please.

The only way to work around this is to hold a one round draft. Then the league will sign the other players from the feeder league.

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote