Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 02-17-2015, 03:10 PM   #1
bourboncream
Minors (Single A)

Missing Champions from League Index History

I have 6 fictional leagues running con-currently under the same 8 team basis, all then feed into the same umbrella Association in which they compete in playoffs.

However in the leagues themselves its basically top team is Champion and thats that, no playoffs.

3 of the 6 leagues are recording the Champions fine, shows up correct in team, coach and player history.

However 3 of them dont, infact out of 10 seasons, the 3 of them only recorded the same 3 seasons correctly and basically missed off the other 7 and its as if they didnt exist.. as the team, coach or players do not get credited with the success.

The seasons did finish and each time the top team was a clear Champion in terms of games won and they all progressed correctly to the umbrella playoff competition...

Is that a known issue? It just seems weird that 3 work and 3 dont.....
bourboncream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:13 PM   #2
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

lol that's almost exactly like a game I just started. for leagues without playoffs, I have never had championships go into player history.

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:00 AM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
lol that's almost exactly like a game I just started. for leagues without playoffs, I have never had championships go into player history.
Not sure If I read teh OP's satem,ent correctly. In my PCL the champions have always showed up. I have been using split season for the past few seasons. PCL & ABF are not associated.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:24 AM   #4
bourboncream
Minors (Single A)

Yeah thats the page im talking about, which then affects the others and the coaches/players records.

So for example 2000 is blank, 2001 is blank, then 2002 shows the actual Champion... 2003 blank, 2004 blank, 2005 blank and so on.

Out of the 10 seasons simmed, only 3 showed the Champion.

However, in 3 of the 6 leagues, the history was fine... which is why I dont understand how 3 can fail, but 3 work.

-----

The game setup is 6 Leagues, each individual, 1 division composing of 8 teams. 70 game schedule and no playoffs... ie Division winner is Champion

So at the end of it, my 'A' League has its own Champion, my 'B' league has a Champion and so on...

Then after that, as all the leagues are under an association... a select bunch from each league go into a 'Playoff bracket' which plays out for a 'Champion' of its own right... this works fine and the correct teams are allocated in here.

Last edited by bourboncream; 02-18-2015 at 06:26 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:47 AM   #5
bourboncream
Minors (Single A)

I reckon there is something wrong with having just League Champions and no playoffs...its as if the League cannot recognise that the season finished and as such no history is completed.

I just edited that game to force a Top 2 playoff for the Championship scenario and the history works across all 6 leagues now.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:49 PM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourboncream View Post
I reckon there is something wrong with having just League Champions and no playoffs...its as if the League cannot recognise that the season finished and as such no history is completed.

I just edited that game to force a Top 2 playoff for the Championship scenario and the history works across all 6 leagues now.
Up intil 1931 or so I had no playoffs and it still showed who won the PCL each season. Just something buggy with that one league of yours. Perhaps try a test league and sim 5-10 seasons and see if that league has the same issue.
I would like to see a SS of your champions page.
Also look at Game - Game Home Screen - History Index, see if you have any oddities with your league.
Here are all the leagues that have been part of my ABF universe, they all show champions. SA & NL were only one league for their existence.
Maybe you should start over.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:57 PM   #7
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah thats the page im talking about, which then affects the others and the coaches/players records.

So for example 2000 is blank, 2001 is blank, then 2002 shows the actual Champion... 2003 blank, 2004 blank, 2005 blank and so on.

Out of the 10 seasons simmed, only 3 showed the Champion.

However, in 3 of the 6 leagues, the history was fine... which is why I dont understand how 3 can fail, but 3 work.

-----

The game setup is 6 Leagues, each individual, 1 division composing of 8 teams. 70 game schedule and no playoffs... ie Division winner is Champion

So at the end of it, my 'A' League has its own Champion, my 'B' league has a Champion and so on...

Then after that, as all the leagues are under an association... a select bunch from each league go into a 'Playoff bracket' which plays out for a 'Champion' of its own right... this works fine and the correct teams are allocated in here.
I may have been wrong about this but in my two league association it seemed like the only the winner of the association made into the league history. Since the NL beat the AA more the NL history was nearly complete but the AA history only showed a champion if they won the world series through the association.

Is there a connection between winning in the play offs and who shows up as league champion in your game?
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:05 PM   #8
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Yes. If you merge leagues or swap leagues or if your team was in one league and then switches to another, then the league winner for that year won't show up.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:17 PM   #9
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
Yes. If you merge leagues or swap leagues or if your team was in one league and then switches to another, then the league winner for that year won't show up.
It will if you move after pre-season begins. The game records league winners and awards at pre-season. So lets say you want to disband the NA in 1876. If you delete the league in offseason the winners will show up. I think if say the Boston Red Stockings won and you move them in the offseason to the NL the winner may not show up. If you keep the league alive until pre-season all awards and winners are recorded. Then you can move the teams with no effects on history. I always wait to pre-season to delete a league. I empty the defunct teams and click prevent AI roster changes so they don't take free agents from teams that still exist.

I am not entirely sure winners are recorded in pre=season. I have folded (deleted) winners in offseason and it didn't affect the history of champions. I am 100% sure that the awards don't save in histrory until either 1/1 or the beginning of pre-season. I have never tried to move leagues at the beginning of the year with a team that won the league. I also have never had a problem with a team moving from NA to NL or AA to NL and its championship not being listed in history. Again I make these moves on day 1 of pre season though. I typically fold and add on day 1 of offseason and move/name change on day 1 of preseason.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 10:38 AM   #10
bourboncream
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for continuing to look into this;

Basically each league is totally individual - the setup is England, France, Holland, Spain, Italy and Germany. So the teams wont swap leagues, players can though... but the only league changes are via that dynamic evolution, which I allow new teams and relocation.

So each league has its own Champion.

Then the association is basically my way of playing out a Baseball Champions League... the top 4 from each of the 6 leagues go into a playoff bracket and play that out, for a seperate winner.

As i mentioned 3 of the 6 leagues have a correct history, 3 dont... so it sort of work.
Old 02-19-2015, 12:12 PM   #11
moonlightmerc
Minors (Double A)

Do you have sub leagues or divisions? Also ties can create a problem also.

Posting a screen shot of league standings and the history index can give us a better idea of what is happening.

Quote:
Thanks for continuing to look into this;

Basically each league is totally individual - the setup is England, France, Holland, Spain, Italy and Germany. So the teams wont swap leagues, players can though... but the only league changes are via that dynamic evolution, which I allow new teams and relocation.

So each league has its own Champion.

Then the association is basically my way of playing out a Baseball Champions League... the top 4 from each of the 6 leagues go into a playoff bracket and play that out, for a seperate winner.

As i mentioned 3 of the 6 leagues have a correct history, 3 dont... so it sort of work.
moonlightmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:37 PM   #12
bourboncream
Minors (Single A)

No sub leagues or anything and when looking back on the standings, I can see a clear winner without ties.... which is something I assumed as well.

However, a subsequent test of the same setup but with a change from the Leagues being classed as 'Major League Level' to this time all 6 being 'Independent'.

All so far has worked fine in 8 test seasons, including running under the Association... so maybe that was the issue? The leagues clashed?