Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 06-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #61
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisox59 View Post
On the first sheet (schedule setup), should the subleague names starting at C1 all be labeled as SL1-D1, SL1-D2...and so on, or instead as they are actually labeled in my league (AL-East, AL-Central...)? Thanks in advance
Your choice as they are there to make it easier to keep track of which League and division each team is in. The team names need to be in alphabetical order for each division as that's how schedules work.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:16 AM   #62
Chisox59
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
The team names need to be in alphabetical order for each division as that's how schedules work.
The full team names or just the three letter abbreviations? I have 96 teams in my league, and for some teams the abbreviations don't necessarily follow alphabetically. For example, I have a team abbreviated SJO that is listed right before (to the left of) SEA on my schedule maker because SJO's full name (San Jose) comes first before SEA's full team name (Seattle) alphabetically...so should I switch them around? Do the team names and abbreviations in the actual league on OOTP have to be in alphabetical order too? (in the league structure) Thanks again...just want to make sure I get everything right, have already put a lot of hours into this.

Last edited by Chisox59; 06-07-2014 at 02:48 AM.
Chisox59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #63
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
The full team names or just the three letter abbreviations? I have 96 teams in my league, and for some teams the abbreviations don't necessarily follow alphabetically. For example, I have a team abbreviated SJO that is listed right before (to the left of) SEA on my schedule maker because SJO's full name (San Jose) comes first before SEA's full team name (Seattle) alphabetically...so should I switch them around? Do the team names and abbreviations in the actual league on OOTP have to be in alphabetical order too? (in the league structure) Thanks again...just want to make sure I get everything right, have already put a lot of hours into this.

They need to be in the same alphabetical order as they are on the Edit League Structure page in ootp. You start with Subleague 1 Division 1 then Subleague 1 Division 2 and so on till the last division in Subleague 1. Then do the same with Subleague 2 if you have one.
Go by the team name not the abbreviation. San Jose (SJO) before Seattle (SEA) is correct.
As far as the schedule creator is concerned you can use anything that is maximum of 3 characters long for the team. For example, you could use
as long as you can remember which team is which number.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:25 AM   #64
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Bigrod how would i create a NA 1876-1899 like schedule for 6 teams playing 30 -60 games starting after may 1st and ending around SEP 15th.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #65
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Bigrod how would i create a NA 1876-1899 like schedule for 6 teams playing 30 -60 games starting after may 1st and ending around SEP 15th.
Hard question to answer as what's easy for me may be difficult for others, but here's how I do it.
I enter all teams series on sheet 1 and cut and paste each days games to sheet 2. This insures that you get the correct number of games and not team plays 2 different teams on the same day unless of course you what that ie..ncaa type schedules.
So on sheet 1 for 6 teams playing a 30 game season , you'd enter
Team 1 vs. team 2 6 times, team 1 vs. team 3 6 times, team 1 vs. team 4 6 times, team 1 vs. team 5 6 times and team 1 vs. team 6 6 times. Next enter team 2 vs. team 3 6 times, team 2 vs. team 4 6 times, team 2 vs. team 5 6 times and team 2 vs. team 6 6 times and so on till you have all teams playing each other 6 games. For a 60 game season just add the above 12 times instead of 6.
If you've entered things correctly, once done, you'd have a total of 6 teams playing 30 games each for a total of 90 entries or 180 entries for a 60 game season.
If this doesn't make any sense and I can understand why it may not, let me know and I'll see if I can attach an example in csv format that you can open with OO. That way you can get a better picture and the above may make more sense.

There are other ways of doing it as well.
Let ootp create the schedule and then open the Report Grid and import it into OO sheet 1 (open office) and delete/change as needed.
Open any pre built schedule in OO using space and " (quote) as the delimeter and create a vlookup table to convert away and home="" to your team names. Then change/delete as needed.

Last edited by Bigrod; 06-09-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #66
Chisox59
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OK I have all of my matchups set up on the first sheet (schedule setup) but on the second sheet (template) where I copy and paste there is a problem. The column width after column AF narrows to 0.22 from 0.61, and all columns from AG on have this narrow width. It is impossible to see who is playing or how many games are left for teams with schedule numbers ranging from 31 to 96 because it is unreadable. The column widths cannot be changed as all cells are protected. Any way around this?

Last edited by Chisox59; 06-20-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #67
Ike348
All Star Starter

Quote:
OK I have all of my matchups set up on the first sheet (schedule setup) but on the second sheet (template) where I copy and paste there is a problem. The column width after column AF narrows to 0.22 from 0.61, and all columns from AG on have this narrow width. It is impossible to see who is playing or how many games are left for teams with schedule numbers ranging from 31 to 96 because it is unreadable. The column widths cannot be changed as all cells are protected. Any way around this?

Unprotect the cells. Try control-clicking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike348 View Post
Even in a parallel universe, the Astros don't make the playoffs.
Ike348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #68
Chisox59
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks, didn't know if I could unlock protected cells, tools->protect document for anyone with a similar problem.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:37 PM   #69
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Thanks, didn't know if I could unlock protected cells, tools->protect document for anyone with a similar problem.
Yep...you got it. Just make sure you protect them after editing to prevent anything accidentally messing things up as some formulas are dependant on others.
I created it with cells protected for that reason.

Last edited by Bigrod; 06-21-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:59 AM   #70
MMastro92
Minors (Single A)

Hey Bigrod, I really appreciate the utility, it is very helpful. Is there any chance you could post what a completed schedule would look like in the program? I'm still struggling to use the program, and its easiest for me to look at examples. This way I could see how I need to fill in every sheet (or the ones I need to fill in) by comparing it to a schedule which is already completed.

Thanks again for the great work!
MMastro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:03 PM   #71
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMastro92 View Post
Hey Bigrod, I really appreciate the utility, it is very helpful. Is there any chance you could post what a completed schedule would look like in the program? I'm still struggling to use the program, and its easiest for me to look at examples. This way I could see how I need to fill in every sheet (or the ones I need to fill in) by comparing it to a schedule which is already completed.

Thanks again for the great work!
Give me some time and I'll do one better..I'll try to make a video, but I've got to get my mic working first and can't afford a new one right yet.

Last edited by Bigrod; 06-24-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #72
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Do you have instructions on how to do this properly? Also is this an Excel program or and open office? i get error messages when trying to open it with Excel.

Above you told someone to edit the 1st page as it shows on the Edit league Structure page but this has me bouncing around from Al east to West to NL east to west. Do i just go in alphabetical order or division order? i have 28 team. what do i do with the other 2 spots?

i also want the 1st game after the 1st monday in April i do not want to start in march. i also want interleague play but only 2 games vs the other league.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Last edited by The Game; 07-04-2014 at 02:55 PM.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:34 PM   #73
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Do you have instructions on how to do this properly? Also is this an Excel program or and open office? i get error messages when trying to open it with Excel.

Above you told someone to edit the 1st page as it shows on the Edit league Structure page but this has me bouncing around from Al east to West to NL east to west. Do i just go in alphabetical order or division order? i have 28 team. what do i do with the other 2 spots?

i also want the 1st game after the 1st monday in April i do not want to start in march. i also want interleague play but only 2 games vs the other league.
It's open office only.
You shouldn't be bouncing around. All schedules are based on alphabetical order using the City name only starting with SL1 D1, SL1 D2, etc. Then SL2 D1, D2, etc.
IF you have just 1SL with Divisions, then you start with the teams in D1, then the teams in D2, etc.
Your start date is controlled by the schedule's element line and needs to be set manually (it's always the second line in any schedule) or your settings in ootp not the dates in the program. Those dates are just so you can keep track of the day & date games are scheduled. I figured that was a lot easier than trying to remember when day 1, day 2, etc. was.
Still working on a video tutorial, but not having much luck yet..
Old 07-27-2014, 04:51 PM   #74
Chisox59
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Me again with yet another problem, hopefully to be as fixed as quickly and easily as my first two. I'm now checking sheet three (grid) and no games after row 33 show up, every matchup that is filled out on the template for teams starting in template column AH is blank on the grid page. The formulas in each box seem to be ok within the cells which are missing--for example, the first cell that is missing data (AA34)'s formula is =COUNTIF(Template.AA$8:AA$373;$AH$2). Any idea what might be wrong?
Old 07-29-2014, 12:54 PM   #75
Chisox59
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Figured it out...had to drag the formulas on the grid sheet from AG2 all the way through the next 60 columns or so, everything immediately appeared in good order. Spent the better part of an hour over the weekend trying to figure out what was wrong and the solution was so simple!
Old 08-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #76
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Does this work in LibreOffice?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #77
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Does this work in LibreOffice?
I have no clue. If Libre uses the same formula format as Open Office. Maybe. I know it won't work with excel.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #78
thehip41
Major Leagues

Hello all.

I am at the point where I created all the schedules on the Template tab. Where do I need to copy this information to?

What tab and what cell?

I followed the instructions in the original post but I think I'm messing it up somewhere.

Thanks
thehip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #79
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehip41 View Post
Hello all.

I am at the point where I created all the schedules on the Template tab. Where do I need to copy this information to?

What tab and what cell?

I followed the instructions in the original post but I think I'm messing it up somewhere.

Thanks
Replied via PM before I saw this so thought I'd also post it here for others as well.

What you need to do is copy team 1's games from column C on the template sheet and ctrl+shift+v (paste special) to the schedule sheet column K (Home team's away games are ignored when pasted into schedule)..

NOTE: When using paste special in Open Office, a popup comes up. Under the Selection section options only, Uncheck Paste All. Then uncheck Formulas. Make sure all others in the selection options area are checked and hit enter or click ok.) Then enter the Home team in all the corresponding cells in column L (Home team). Then copy team 2 games from the template and paste special beneath team 1 data. Continue doing the same for all other teams.

When all is done, Start with Row 2 on the schedule sheet and copy all the data in Columns B-H (Click column B cell 2 and scroll down to the last entry in Column H and hold down shift and click it to highlight all cells and copy (ctrl+V).

Now click cell A4 on the Final sheet and paste special (ctrl+shift+V). However, this time when you get the popup, you need to select Down in the Shift Cells section and hit the enter key (this needs to be done to preserve the closing xml tags in cells B4 and B5. Make sure they are at the very bottom 2 rows before you save your schedule).

Now you need to sort all the data to get everything in order.
Click the very top left blank cell just above the #1 and the entire sheet should be highlighted. Hold down ctrll and click rows 1-3 and the last 2 rows that contain the closing xml tags (</GAMES> and </SCHEDULE>) to deselect them as we don't want to touch those.
Now click the Data tab and select Sort and hit enter key when you get the popup to sort all data.
Once sorted, make sure the xml closing tags are at the very bottom in Column B and delete Column A as those are just numbers that are used to sort the sheet by day= #.

Now edit the schedule element line in Row 2 to match your leagues setup. (This can also be done in any text editor later after you save)
Remember to make sure the xml closing tags are at the very bottom of your schedule. They should be in the last 2 cells in Column A
If all is fine, it's time to save your schedule. Hold down crtl+shift+S to save as.
In the popup, select "save type as" Text csv, uncheck auto filename extension, check "Edit Filter Settings" and enter the name of your schedule with .lsdl as the extension. Click save and wait for the popup....then click "Keep Current Format".
On that popup, set Character Set to Western European (ISO-8859-1)
Set Field Delimeter to (space).
Delete the " (Quote) in the Text delimeter field.
Click ok to save...you'll get a notice that only that sheet was saved.

Now load your .lsdl file in ootp and see if it's error free. If not, go back into Open Office and make the needed changes and repeat the save (just use ctrl+S as once you save anything OO remembers your original save settings).

NOTE: OOTP will tell you if there is an error in your schedule when you import it. If the problem is in the Element line, you'll get an error saying your schedule doesn't match your league's setup and which part of the Element line is wrong. (ie..balanced game, number of games, etc.)
If the problem is with one of the matchups, ootp will tell you which line in the schedule is causing the problem. Just look at your schedule in OO and subtract 3 from that number and it'll be awful close to the row number that contains the error. It'll be most likely wrong team nuber, missing or double " or missing tag /.

Once your schedule is correct and working, it's safe to close OO. If you want to use it for future schedules, then use the "save as" feature (crtl+shift+S) and in the popup, change the "save type as" back to ODF Spreadsheet and click OK.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:37 PM   #80
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

I only see one v1.1

Where's 2.0 available at?
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote