Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
Mark42661
All Star Starter

I Miss the Old Days!

Man... we used to have some great discussions down here!

I think the 2013 version of TBCB has hurt us more than it has helped us. How can we recommend that to a newby while it has so many problems that we won't even use it and, instead, keep going back to version 2.5?

This mess needs to be sorted out or else we'll all just eventually go away. Some of us have been around since before this particular forum was opened up in late 2001, so it might be hard to imagine that happening. But let's not take any chances!

Last edited by Mark42661; 03-02-2015 at 05:18 PM.
Mark42661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #2
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

we are going to start dying off before much longer LOL

UTBA3
Hanson Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:54 PM   #3
Lee
Global Moderator

Bah, the oldtimers are like cockroaches, we'll be around forever
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:22 PM   #4
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

I dont have that many problems with 2013 myself then again I am using new unis with it.....

so sayeth the cockroach....
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:25 AM   #5
Mugsy
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
I dont have that many problems with 2013 myself then again I am using new unis with it.....

so sayeth the cockroach....

I transferred my 2.5 uni to 2013 and haven't had any real issues other than the amount of fights stopped due to cuts. But I also run single fights at a time. I do not run fight cards or tournaments nor use the RFG.
Mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:46 PM   #6
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

I use all the above again no problems that I have seen...but again this is my second day of 1.4 still setting up the uni.
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:08 AM   #7
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I still have version 2.0 and 2.5 on one of my many laptops.

A few months ago (or was it a year...) I decided to transfer my AU over to the new game. I don't use the RFG or import other boxers. There were problems with both for me. I rarely try using the Autoscheduler because I've had small problems with that. I usually just stage live single bouts. I can live with TB2013 for now, but if this is as good as it's going to get, I'll probably go back to one of the older versions til they crap out.

Cap
Old 03-07-2015, 05:42 PM   #8
mking55
All Star Starter

I can't say I love boxing, but I do enjoy it. I don't watch a lot of fights because I can't get into 2 nobodies fighting and my knowledge of the "game" and it's strategy is limited. I feel a twinge of guilt when enjoying boxing because the true object of the game is to pummel your opponent into a mass of jelly. (Sort of like football and hockey with their concussions).

I read books on the game and some of the best sport books are about boxing. I think they rank #2 in sports books in my mind (behind baseball). I love boxing movies and I think "Body and Soul" starring John Garfield is the greatest of the bunch with the best fighting scenes.

Anyhow, I too miss the discussions that there used to be. They seem to have dried up. Have the people who sparked the discussions disappeared? Where is Cap's website (one of the greatest I've ever seen)?

And (don't start a sentence with "and") how do you make money off a game with a limited potential market? How many boxing fans are there out there? And of those boxing fans, how many know how to use a computer? And who the hell knows about this game? And why spend the money on marketing (put an ad in Ring Magazine) if you don't think the ROI is worth it.

There is a potential great game lurking here inside all these years of "messing" around. I'm not rich (far from it), but if you charged $50 for a great game I would buy it. I think many would so I think a lot of your future revenue must come from the "old guys" who love to live in the past (I used to be a Henry Cooper fan).

Let's get the game to the point where it's GREAT. Let us know what is needed by way of support. We can be the Green Bay Packers of the sports sim boxing world. I'd love to see this game reach it's potential and there is a hell of a lot of potential.

I know I wandered somewhat here and started sentences with "and". However, let's really get this show on the road. Maybe the new NBC contract to broadcast boxing will help. (Did Sugar Ray Leonard have a facelift?)
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote