Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 03-15-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Player Intro Sound Mod

Ok folks, here you go. PA Intros for Every Team in the MLB. Every batter on the 25 man roster. This is the first of 3 releases. The second release will include the walkup music. Third release will be a totally user customizable one so no matter what team the player plays for, with just a few clicks of sound recorder or any sound editing program you can create your own. All teams are separated so you can just choose which one you want. Each file on Rapid Share is approximately 12-16 MB. You can get them here. Special thanks to Muzamba for helping..
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

Now available from PadresFan's site as 2 separate files under the Misc. section. One for American League and one for National. It says for OOTP 11, but all sound mods work in OOTP9 and X as well.
Padresfan Mods

Any problems suggestions or requests, PM me. Enjoy

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-25-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
Go Tribe
All Star Starter

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
This is great! Thanks!

Can this be hosted on padrefan's site??
Go Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Yeah, if you want to provide a single zip file with all the sounds, I'll be happy to host this.

Last edited by PadresFan; 04-20-2010 at 03:54 PM.
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
micropterus58
All Star Starter

A single zip file would be great. Rapidshare limits your daily downloads.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

I wanted to do just a single but not possible for free users with Rapidshare because of the size limit. Free users are limited to 200 MB per file. Guess I should have gone the 200 meg route and you could have gotten them faster as it would have been only 3 files total. Instead, I chose to do single teams thinking some people may only want certain ones and not all. Hopefully someday ootp will recognize mp3 or ogg. That would cut the sze by 80% or more. We're working on it, but at the moment I think it depends you you folks and how popular sound is before changes are made. Thanks Padresfran. I'll pm you.

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-21-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #6
bbastyr
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is very cool. Thanks!
bbastyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:02 AM   #7
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Downloading now. Will try and post on my site tomorrow...
Old 04-24-2010, 11:35 PM   #8
PadresFan
All Star Starter

I ended up splitting this into AL and NL files. Posted on my site in the Misc section.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:21 AM   #9
edm
All Star Starter

Awesome! great job
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:23 PM   #10
clamel
All Star Starter

Does this work ??

Have any updates been posted ??

3rd was announced or ??
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #11
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
Does this work ??

Have any updates been posted ??

3rd was announced or ??
I don't have a clue what your asking with this "3rd was announced or ??"
No updates on my part..no time for it this year..
Yes they work for as far back as ootp 9. Haven't tried them in 12 yet, but they should work as nothing has changed in 12.

Last edited by Bigrod; 08-20-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #12
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

How was this done BTW?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #13
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
How was this done BTW?
I used sound recorder in windows. Then cut and pasted, so to speak, the various clips together. I recorded them from mlb 2k10, but you can do the same from any audio. Sound recorder allows you to mix sounds as well, so you can add intro music to the pa announcement, etc. Real easy, just very time consuming. If you want more info, just ask.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:21 AM   #14
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I have a mac...so no sound recorder lol
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #15
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Can you explain how to do this better?
i am going to get a mic this weekend, I havent played with wav files in ages since high Heat. Is there a way to record just the 5-8 secs for each player?
I was thinking about instead of saying "now batting for the Chicago White Sox..Frank Thomas" to just do "Now Batting..Frank Thomas"

Would I be able to use the 2nd no matter which team Thomas is on for any year?
I want to try to start from today and work my way backwards for all players throughout history.
Can ya explain how i do that.

thanx.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #16
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
I downloaded these ages ago but have never used them.....

Is there a way to have player music and intro...it wants to overwrite intro files when i try to paste the music.

Is that your voice doing the intro's?

Small issue when Melvin Mora comes up for my 2000 White Sox, it announces Justin Morneau on 11.
Now a few games later instead of Mora it announced Matt Joyce for Tampa...not really annoying, the announcer is just senile.

Last edited by Chicagofan76; 10-14-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #17
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
I downloaded these ages ago but have never used them.....

Is there a way to have player music and intro...it wants to overwrite intro files when i try to paste the music.

Is that your voice doing the intro's?

Small issue when Melvin Mora comes up for my 2000 White Sox, it announces Justin Morneau on 11.
Now a few games later instead of Mora it announced Matt Joyce for Tampa...not really annoying, the announcer is just senile.
You really like to test my memory don't you?
1. Yes, Use the mix option not add.
2. No, I'm not that good.
3. That's a game issue. It somtimes gets confused as to which file it should play and it usually happens around the 7th innings but not always. Also a couple more reasons are:
1. Missing player intro file
2. file is not named correctly
3. I screwed up...
I have reported these issues in PT, but I honestly don't believe they get much attention even though I carried them over from ootp 11's pt.
Now for the memory test.
All the things you want to do can be done with sound manager. Unfortunately Win 7 doesn't have it and I can't remem the exact settings names. The only problem using it is it's time limited to 30 seconds of recording time I think so you have to append/add to files if you want a longer file.
If you want to remove anything in a file, simply use the cut/erase feature and set the points you want to remove.
If you want to add something in. Set the point in the file where you want to add/insert it.
If you want to add music with the intro. Use the Mix option. The will add the music on top of the Intro and give you what you want.
BTW. These intros were recorded from mlb2k. I just cut, pasted and matched them up. Took 2 weeks to do. Real easy to do though. If there's any music in them, I recorded that and Mixed it in.
Play with sound manager and you'll figure it out quickly. It's really very easy.
I always intended to just upload the separate portions, but you can create your own by removing the unwanted and saving the wanted. Make sure you don't lose the original your working on as u will need it.
In this case it would probably be.
1.The intro itself: (Now batting, batting, etc.)
2. Team names
3. Position
4. Player Names
Once you separate these, it's just a matter of putting them together in what ever way you want.
To be honest, I should have left out Position as there is no way the game can determine which file to use when a player is playing the different positions.
Quite frankly I can in no way understand why the importance of utilizing audio in the game gets so overlooked as it's so easy to implement. As far as immersion goes, sound is the second most important sense of the six we have and to some (the blind), it's the most important.
If you need more help, just ask. I don't always visit this section, so would be best to pm me as I check in daily many times.

Last edited by Bigrod; 10-16-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #18
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
Can you explain how to do this better?
i am going to get a mic this weekend, I havent played with wav files in ages since high Heat. Is there a way to record just the 5-8 secs for each player?
I was thinking about instead of saying "now batting for the Chicago White Sox..Frank Thomas" to just do "Now Batting..Frank Thomas"

Would I be able to use the 2nd no matter which team Thomas is on for any year?
I want to try to start from today and work my way backwards for all players throughout history.
Can ya explain how i do that.

thanx.
1. Yes. Just record it and save. Example: "Now batting Frank Thomas" save it as it as Frank Thomas.wav Don't replace space with an underscore. Whenever Frank Thomas plays, that file will be used. Teams don't matter. Unfortunately everythig has to be in the sounds folder. Can't use subfolders.
2. Time can be as long or as short as you want. You control that. Just stop recording at the correct time you want. When playing the game, if it plays longer than you want, you can always end the intro by hitting return.
BTW: I think the ootp 11 manual has a little bit of info on player intro files. I know I passed info on to Steve for that. Never checked so I don't have a clue as to what's in there.

Last edited by Bigrod; 10-16-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:12 AM   #19
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Added it to the OOTP 12 manual now: OOTP Baseball Manual - Sound

Please let me know if I should add/change anything in that article.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:30 AM   #20
69Yanks
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Does this work for OOTP 15? I tried putting in a file for derek jeter in the sounds folder of the out of the park developments/ootp 15/sounds in the Documents of Windows 7 and it does not play. I tried derek jeter and also derek jeter.wav for naming it. (bob sheppard announcing jeter). I have bunch of other bob sheppards I'd like to use. Thanks.
69Yanks is offline   Reply With Quote