Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 12-29-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
davep1967
Minors (Double A)

StickWare Schedule Generator X (Extreme BETA)

Ok Guys. I took a few days during Christmas vacation to look into updating my StickWare schedule Generator program for use for OOTP X.

Considering I do not program anymore or I don't have time to play OOTP, this was a huge jump for me.

I am at an impass to try to figure out what is wrong with my schedules I am creating, which is why I am making this post. Maybe some of you OOTP experts could figure this out.

I am getitng the error "The loaded schedule has a different structure as the current league", even though to me it seems the same.

I tried with a MLB format, a custom leage with 2 SL, 2 Div each, 4 teams each.

Here is the program: (Note the readme.txt is from the old one)

www.wideopenwest.com/~stickware/schedule.zip

This is EXTREME BETA....

I made it so it can now have 4 divisions. You have to use the scroll bars on the right though.

I don't have the file formats to read data from an OOTP leage (can you help?).....

When you run it, it puts the schedule file where ever the program is running from.

Maybe you can post here what you think is wrong with my schedule files.

I have all times as EST. The documentation was unclear about this.

I matched up the Interleage, Balanced, start date options and still get the same message.

Ok...I will await.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #2
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Outstanding. Thank you for even attempting to resurrect your creation for this version. I have little doubt, with the talent at large, that some headway will be made. This is very good news.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
davep1967
Minors (Double A)

Thanks. I tried to email you, but your email changed.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:40 PM   #4
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep1967 View Post
I am getitng the error "The loaded schedule has a different structure as the current league", even though to me it seems the same.
Yeah, this message pops up from time to time because OOTP is now very picky about the structure of the league as specified in the header of the schedule file and the structure of the league itself. All the parameters must match exactly with the league or else the schedule won't load.

These parameters are: interleague play yes/no, balanced schedule yes/no, number of games in the schedule, and league structure. Note that, for OOTP purposes, a league structure of 5-5-4 is different from 4-5-4.

To match a league which mirrors MLB's current set up, for example, interleague play yes, balanced schedule no, 162 games, and a league structure of 5-5-4, 5-6-5. Specifically, the opening line in the schedule file would read:

ILY_BGN_G162_SL1_D1_T5_D2_T5_D3_T4_SL2_D1_T5_D2_T6 _D3_T5_C_

Note that sometimes it's the parameters initially set when creating the league which causes mismatches as on occasion changing the parameters later on in the league set up won't stick. So, for example, you may change the parameter from a balanced schedule to an unbalanced schedule, but that change won't get recognized when you go to import a schedule file that has an unbalanced schedule specified. To get changes accepted, you actually have to generate a new schedule; simply making changes in the schedule options won't do it.

You can trick the game into accepting a schedule you know is otherwise correct by determining which parameter is causing the conflict and then changing that parameter in the schedule file line. That means, for example, you can get an unbalanced schedule to load for a league expecting a balanced schedule by changing the "BGN" value to "BGY" in the schedule file header but leaving everything else the same. In other words, you've changed the description of the schedule file but not the actual schedule data itself.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #5
dcpcarmona
All Star Starter

oh my goodness, this is great news and thanks for taking the time to put out another updated version for the community!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
rutri01
All Star Reserve

OOTPX scheduler

Good luck!- this would be great to use. I hope you can get ti running.
rutri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:43 PM   #7
davep1967
Minors (Double A)

I am asking people to try it to see if it works for them. If not, see if they can find out what is wrong with the files I am creating.

I am not going to have time to fiddle with it unless I am pointed to what is wrong.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

OMG - this would be totally awesome.

As LGO points out, it's pretty particular about the parameters. I think I got the same message when I made a schedule that was balanced in-league but not balanced interleague and I tried to use balanced=yes.

I will definitely try this out, though it may not be for a few days. If we can get an external schedule maker going, that would be most excellent. As endgame says, I'm sure it can be done with the many talented persons in the community.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #9
Killing Time
All Star Starter

Thanks for trying to bring this back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
In my best imitation of KT, "I don't know. Would? May? This could have been better. I'm a bit disappointed."
Please don't beat the dead graphics horse.
Killing Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #10
Afino
Hall Of Famer

So each row is home games for each team against the other?

I've never used this tool before.

But this is impressive - thank you!

Last edited by Afino; 01-09-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:17 PM   #11
LiquidTester
Minors (Single A)

You may want the user to just export a file and then your program finds the file and modifies it and the user can re-import it. This way you can just use the header of the exported file.

I use this method to make schedules during testing, eg. to test team ID #s.
LiquidTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:04 PM   #12
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Know it's only been about two weeks, but (bump and) where are we at with this? Has anyone else taken a look?
Old 05-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #13
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Tried using this and tells me when I try to load a league db that the league.dat file doesn't exist. When I don't have the OOTP10 box checked it tells me there's a range check error.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:29 AM   #14
daves
Hall Of Famer

Can this do a round robin schedule with all teams?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #15
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Has any work been done on this version for OOTP 11? If not, can anyone help my league create or point me to a MLB style league schedule that has off days that are different?
Old 06-30-2010, 01:40 PM   #16
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I am praying diligently we can enlist Dave's help for v12. I feel badly we didn't take up the challenge or have the appropriate resources to give him the necessary feedback in order to finalize v10's attempt. This guy is THE original Stickware creator and in many of our minds the benchmark for a schedule creation interface. He doesn't do this anymore. If I understood him correctly in our personal exchanges, he doesn't even play much of the game any longer, if at all.

So, please, if we're lucky enough to get him involved this go around, do all we can to be of service and explanation to further our chances of incorporating his input into the next version.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #17
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

First, I apologize for the belated trial myself. I haven't had a need to make schedules for a while.

Alas, I have tried this out now in v11. It mostly works and with a few minor edits I made a schedule for a league with successful import into OOTP 11. I'll post a few things as feedback or if others would like to use this for themselves. Hopefully davep will check back in.

a) I had to remove the 'Stickware.lsdl' from the SCHEDULE type definition in the second line of the schedule. It is supposed to be a comment area and it works ok in the schedule name, but seemed to mess up the schedule import.

b) I had to add an '_SL2' for sub-league 2 in the same SCHEDULE type definition. I also added the same in the lsdl filename.

c) The day of the week was wrong in the SCHEDULE line. It was listed as "1" though the Stickware software says it will be Monday. The OOTP scheduler uses a Sun-Sat week, so Monday should be "2". I changed this myself.

d) The created schedule ended up starting with the first game on day 4 instead of day 1 as most schedule have. I assume this has something to do with the start date choice and where the first Monday is in relation to that. I got around this by changing my start day of the week to Friday so day 4 ended up being Monday. Minor quibble, but could cause some confusion.

Hopefully others will find this useful. Thanks davep for at least making my schedule creation easier...

It would be ideal if something like this could be incorporated into v12.

EDIT: I would assume this would work in any of the 2006 and newer versions. I don't think anything has changed in schedule making in that time.

Last edited by TribeFanInNC; 07-08-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:23 AM   #18
smithtm
Minors (Double A)

I have tried this without success. I've run into the same issue as darkcloud4570, namely infoming me that a .dat file for my league can't be found. Is there a fix or workaround for that? Would really like to get this to work. Thanks!
smithtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:32 AM   #19
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

I didn't see this issue, but I didn't try to load anything (Admittedly, I didn't know you could). I just manually defined my teams, checked the appropriate boxes, and poof...I got a schedule. I changed the seed a few times and got a few different schedules.

Try that and see if you can get it to work. The scheudles it generates may need a few tweaks in WordPad as I described above.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #20
smithtm
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the suggestion TribeFanInNC, I'll give that a shot tonight and see if it works for me. Appreciate it!
smithtm is offline   Reply With Quote