Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 07-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #21
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
One more noob question, please...

There are five sets of 6 files each... do I need all of them or just one set of 6? If the latter, I presume that the others are just there for variety of matchups?
Yes, the other schedules are there for a variety of matchups. You do not necessarily need all of the schedules. However, I would use all just to have a mixing of matchups.
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #22
Syxx34
All Star Reserve

got a question as well. How many of these files do I need? I would like to have an even rotation. So every 3 season...you go back to the division you had in season 1 (for interleague play - Moved Astros to AL West). I also want interleague to be all at once for all teams or have it evenly spaced out for all teams.

So if you were a team in the AL East; you schedule would be:
2011 (season ) - NL East
2012 (season ) - NL Central
2013 (season ) - NL West
2014 (season ) - NL East
2015 (season ) - NL Central
2016 (season ) - NL West

So which file should I download? Which files should I use out of the download? I know how to import them in to use them.
Syxx34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #23
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Do I need to remove the underscores within the schedule filename for use in OOTP12? (The schedule files in OOTP12 don't use underscores in the filename but OOTP11 did.)

Also, does it matter when (in the off-season) that I manually load the first file in the sequence (as long as it is before the start of the season)? I plan to use all 30 files so I assume that it will go from file "f16" to "f21" automatically? Will it also go from f56 back to f11 (if I ever get that far)?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:09 AM   #24
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do I need to remove the underscores within the schedule filename for use in OOTP12? (The schedule files in OOTP12 don't use underscores in the filename but OOTP11 did.)
No, you do not need to remove the underscores. The schedules will load.

Quote:
Also, does it matter when (in the off-season) that I manually load the first file in the sequence (as long as it is before the start of the season)? I plan to use all 30 files so I assume that it will go from file "f16" to "f21" automatically? Will it also go from f56 back to f11 (if I ever get that far)?
Sequence does not matter as well. You can start with any schedule but once loaded the schedules will cycle through once the initial schedule is loaded.
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #25
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxx34 View Post
got a question as well. How many of these files do I need? I would like to have an even rotation. So every 3 season...you go back to the division you had in season 1 (for interleague play - Moved Astros to AL West). I also want interleague to be all at once for all teams or have it evenly spaced out for all teams.

So if you were a team in the AL East; you schedule would be:
2011 (season ) - NL East
2012 (season ) - NL Central
2013 (season ) - NL West
2014 (season ) - NL East
2015 (season ) - NL Central
2016 (season ) - NL West

So which file should I download? Which files should I use out of the download? I know how to import them in to use them.

If I understand it correctly (a big "IF"), you can use the 6 files in any of the downloads and accomplish your goal. I think you could even do it with three of six files, but the other three will add some variety to the matchups.

Read posts #9-11 in this thread for more understanding of why the additional files were developed. I think the original product was only the first group of six.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #26
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

I just stumbled upon this thread, and it's incredible to me that all of this is about to pan out in real life. Someone 'round here must be psychic!!!
PhillieFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:01 PM   #27
JoeyBats
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Very nice...thanks
JoeyBats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #28
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One more noob question, please...

There are five sets of 6 files each... do I need all of them or just one set of 6? If the latter, I presume that the others are just there for variety of matchups?
Use whatever you want.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:32 AM   #29
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
I just stumbled upon this thread, and it's incredible to me that all of this is about to pan out in real life. Someone 'round here must be psychic!!!

LMAO....yeah kinda crazy part of my OOTP universe is becoming true. It just drove me nuts with the 16/14 format and the only move that made sense to me was HOU to the AL West. Guess MLB agreed. Maybe they should get in contact with me I have all kinds of other great ideas.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #30
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

I want to implement this schedule after I am finished my 2012 season. I have a few questions.

1-)When is the best time to move Houston over? After the 2012 playoffs? In January 2013?

2-)And how do I go about doing this (moving the team)? I never done anything like this before.

3-)Will there be spring training in 2013?

4-)So there are no day games in those schedules?

Thanks for your help and all the work that went into creating those schedules. Maybe sale the package to the MLB?
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #31
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
I want to implement this schedule after I am finished my 2012 season. I have a few questions.

1-)When is the best time to move Houston over? After the 2012 playoffs? In January 2013? First day of the off-season worked for me

2-)And how do I go about doing this (moving the team)? I never done anything like this before. Use the Edit Leagues screen in the Global Setup. There is a dropdown that says Move Team and just choose the new division from that.

3-)Will there be spring training in 2013? Yes, assuming that you have it selected in the options.

4-)So there are no day games in those schedules? Yes, no day games.

Thanks for your help and all the work that went into creating those schedules. Maybe sale the package to the MLB?
You will have to manually point the game to the first schedule in the group using the Edit Schedule function, but after year 1 they will rotate automatically.

Last edited by Orcin; 03-02-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #32
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
See below.

You will have to manually point the game to the first schedule in the group using the Edit Schedule function, but after year 1 they will rotate automatically.
I have the schedules in a subfolder in the schedules folder. I noticed that it wasn't automatically changing to the next schedule in the folder. What I do every PRESEASON is go to edit schedules and manually select the next schedule in order. If I am using F11 the first season I load F12 the next season and continue in numerical order. Takes about 10 seconds and it guarantees that the schedules will load in the order that I want.

BTW, these schedules are awesome I use them in all my 30 team leagues. The only downside is that there are no day games in the schedule, all games start at 1905.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #33
oman19
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
I have the schedules in a subfolder in the schedules folder. I noticed that it wasn't automatically changing to the next schedule in the folder. What I do every PRESEASON is go to edit schedules and manually select the next schedule in order. If I am using F11 the first season I load F12 the next season and continue in numerical order. Takes about 10 seconds and it guarantees that the schedules will load in the order that I want.

BTW, these schedules are awesome I use them in all my 30 team leagues. The only downside is that there are no day games in the schedule, all games start at 1905.
Hey Sandman. I had the same problem at first then realized all I had to do was go and deleate any other schedules that use this league format.

My OOTP wishlist: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-wishlist.html
oman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #34
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post

To get real time more or less, Load up your schedule in your spreadsheet and load up mlb's 2011 schedule in another spreadsheet page, then copy the time column from the mlb schedule and replace the time column in your schedule with it. It'll give you a good mix based on real game times. Works like a charm and only takes a minute or two.
One more note for schedule makers. Now that I can talk about v13. It will use time zones, so any schedule should use game start time set as the home teams time rather than eastern time as use to be the case. The game auto converts home time to eastern time now.
So if you want the Oakland games to start at 7pm for example, the schedule time would need to be 1600 and not 1900. Just thought i'd throw this info out for those that like to keep it real.

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-02-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #35
SSG Troyer
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
...It will use time zones, so any schedule should use game start time set as the home teams time rather than eastern time as use to be the case. The game auto converts home time to eastern time now.
So if you want the Oakland games to start at 7pm for example, the schedule time would need to be 1600 and not 1900. Just thought i'd throw this info out for those that like to keep it real.
Thanks for this. I'm putting together a schedule for my 2x3x6 association, with the two major sub-leagues being Eastern and Western. I'll reprogram my Settime(int) function to eliminate my time-zone adjustments and rerun it...
Old 11-24-2012, 03:08 AM   #36
gehrig38
Hall Of Famer

Question.

Nice thread. I am wanting to copy Orcin, AGAIN! And have my two leagues play 1 interleague series of 3 games, each year, right after the all start break.
I have 2 leagues of 3 4 team divisions for 24 clubs. (If you didn't know mine is the Chicago Iron Pigs Dynasty in year 3).

How would I do that? How much input can i get on the schedule? Say to more mimic MLB, off days being Mon/Thur only, no more than 20 days straight, variable starting times? Stuff like that?

Is there some repository of schedules somewhere?

Now the back breaker I hear my league may be expanding by 2 clubs this winter and both will go into one of the sub leagues, how would I do the interleague then?
gehrig38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #37
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrig38 View Post
Is there some repository of schedules somewhere?

I can help with this part. These work with OOTP13.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-use-ootp.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrig38 View Post
How much input can i get on the schedule? Say to more mimic MLB, off days being Mon/Thur only, no more than 20 days straight, variable starting times? Stuff like that?
It is possible to manually edit the schedules to change start times (pretty easy). I think the other changes will require more knowledge.

I will let people who know what they are doing answer the rest. Good luck!

Last edited by Orcin; 11-24-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #38
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I have that link bookmarked.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:28 PM   #39
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

BUMP due to how often this schedule comes in handy.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote